anyone else a emotional mess - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 04-17-2006, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This has to be the worst pregnancy for me yet. I am a emotional mess. I want to bawl at a drop of a hat and I am such yo-yo moods- fine one minute ready to bawl the next minute. Is anyone else like this? I have been pregnant with twin boys and I was never this bad. I can't remember being with bad with any of the boys. Just wondering how you all are dealing with this? Or am I just being a moody pregnant woman. Thanks for letting me "cry" on your shoulder I am driving my house full of boys completely nuts.
#2 of 20 Old 04-17-2006, 08:08 PM

yes.

last night, i started crying during the INTRO of extreme makeover: home edition where they simply showed the family and said a few sentences about them. i had to turn it off, because when i get crying, i feel like i'm going to throw up and then many times i actually DO throw up and i hate that.

~claudia
#3 of 20 Old 04-17-2006, 08:36 PM

Yeah... I cried during Ice Age 2. If that makes you feel better.

And I snap at my husband for silly things and feel useless and bored and boring and tired and sleepy and frustrated and sharp and hopeless and helpless and all sorts of other things that I definitely am not. This too shall pass. I hope yours gets better!
#4 of 20 Old 04-17-2006, 08:46 PM

Yes-I am crying for seemingly no reason these days. It's rather embarassing. I try to blame it on the nasty pollen that's everywhere right now, but it's not always easy.
I also notice that I am more irritable, especially when I haven't had enough sleep. : There have been a couple of times when I've not been so nice to my girls and I feel horrible for that.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#5 of 20 Old 04-17-2006, 09:39 PM

YES! I was going to come and post here about a similar thing. I've been very emotional and have had several bouts of anxiety with this pregnancy. I'm going through some anxiety right now over something totally silly. We live across the street from my parents (a la Everybody Loves Raymond). My mom and I are very close and DD and I go over there about 5 times a week around 7pm. Well on Sunday they left for Las Vegas. So, now I don't have the option of going over there just to have some adult interaction. It's giving me this weird anxiety and I don't want DH to leave for work (he works 7pm to 7am). It feels like the PPblues that I've felt after my last two births. I also feel like I'm on the verge of tears a lot of the time too. I noticed that I've been sliding on taking my vitamins everyday, so I'm being super viligent now and I've added a B-100 complex to my regular prenatals to see if that will help. I'm also planning on talking to my Midwife if this continues. I'm hoping this isn't a sign that I will have PPD after this baby! I've never felt this way during any of my other pregnancies, even with twins like you said.

mama!

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#6 of 20 Old 04-17-2006, 09:42 PM

I'm a crying mess, can't listen to country music any more because of it, but otherwise this baby has totally mellowed me out! I think I should name it baby Prozac or Lexapro No, just kidding

Cara
#7 of 20 Old 04-18-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
Yeah... I cried during Ice Age 2. If that makes you feel better.

And I snap at my husband for silly things and feel useless and bored and boring and tired and sleepy and frustrated and sharp and hopeless and helpless and all sorts of other things that I definitely am not. This too shall pass. I hope yours gets better!
:

Poor DH has to deal with 99% of it directed at him, I feel bad for him I was not like this when I was pregnant with DD, so maybe it means this one's a boy??? We'll find out next week!
#8 of 20 Old 04-20-2006, 07:10 PM

count me in! i cryyyy and cryyyyyy. then it blows right over. so weird. news articles, movies, tv -- the other night i was trying to quote the song "the luckiest" by ben folds to DH (not in a tender way, more of an informational way) and i made MYSELF cry with MY OWN WORDS.

Mimi :yawning: the happy mama of one DD & one DS ; married to my sweetie.
#9 of 20 Old 04-21-2006, 01:48 PM
ish

I'm a hormonal mess! There's this "take me fishing" commercial that gets me everytime. When I'm pregnant there's no telling when the waterworks will flow. I just try to take it all in stride.
#10 of 20 Old 04-22-2006, 07:33 PM

me too me too!
infact today i posted two notes on my fridge
one about my specific goals for staying calm (self control, adult style communication, keeping mood swings down)
and another on strategies to help keep me in check
(exercise, plenty of sleep, snacks/high protein, me time, time with friends)

i was begining to feel like a major mess and a bad mom and a bad wife....
like crap
which was not helping me stay calm!!!
so this was an attempt to put my situation in focus.

maybe i a should add another note that says:
it is ok, you are just pregnant, not crazy!

and since i go to the fridge a million times a day, i thought that was a good place to post them!

another place would be infront of the potty, as i am peeing all day long too!

ha!

nice to know i am not alone
#11 of 20 Old 04-24-2006, 02:12 PM

OK-I hit a new low yesterday. It was children's music Sunday at church and the kids were all singing and it was cute. Then they brought the two year olds out and they "sang". I just started bawling right then and there. And of course I didn't have any tissues. : We are new to this church and I don't even know any of those kids. How embarassing.

#12 of 20 Old 04-26-2006, 09:53 PM

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night to an aroused hubby and we ended up romping... it was great, and afterwards I dissolved into tears and snot for over half an hour for no apparent reason. As quickly as it had started, it stopped, and I fell back asleep. I think I really freaked hubby out this time.

Happy mama to L (Sept '06), R (Apr '08), R (Apr '10), and G (Mar '12)! - Homemade , Home birthed , Home schooled , Home grown

#13 of 20 Old 04-27-2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy
OK-I hit a new low yesterday. It was children's music Sunday at church and the kids were all singing and it was cute. Then they brought the two year olds out and they "sang". I just started bawling right then and there. And of course I didn't have any tissues. : We are new to this church and I don't even know any of those kids. How embarassing.
I totally would have done the same thing. A couple of weeks ago my sister and I watched a local dance competition. We used to be dancers (classical) and did all kinds of competitions. Everytime someone would end their dance I would be in tears. My sis thought I was crazy I always cry when little kids do something cute

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#14 of 20 Old 04-27-2006, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for everyone who wrote in. It helps to know that I am a somewhat normal pregnant woman. I did hit a new low though. I was crying over the Chicken Little movie this afternoon. I think we have watched it about 20 times but for some reason I felt the need to cry over the little chicken upset with his dad. Weird, uh??
#15 of 20 Old 04-28-2006, 12:02 PM

There was an article in the paper the other day about global warming melting ice floes and separating baby walruses from their mamas. Within 20 seconds of starting to read it, I had tears dripping off my chin, gasping sobs, and DH had to hold me for 10 minutes to soothe me. So no, I would not say your Chicken Little episode was weird. Anything with kids/baby animals and their parents sets me off, like magic.

#16 of 20 Old 04-28-2006, 02:29 PM

Ugh, just had a really, really embarassing emotional moment. I was at the a new chiropractor's office and he was showing me the payment plans. We are broker than broke right now and I knew my dh was going to say we couldn't afford any of the plans and I just broke down and cried right in front of the chiro. Good grief-how awful. And I cried all the way home and am STILL crying. Being broke sucks. And so does having to pay for a midwife out of pocket even though you have good insurance but your idiot state won't let them practice legally.
Thanks for letting me vent.

#17 of 20 Old 04-30-2006, 12:57 AM

don't let not having $$$ keep you from chiro care

there are plenty of chiros in the altlanta area who will take very minimal payment or even do a work trade or something.

i would keep on going from office to office till you find one who will let you come for the price you can pay.

i used to tuter and baby sit my chiro's kids OR i have talked about working in the office as a receptionist for him on saturdays...for trade

chiro care during preg is important
and there are good hearted chiros out there that know that and are willing to be very generous...
if nothing turns up for you
pm me!
#18 of 20 Old 04-30-2006, 01:22 AM

I haven't been too bad, even DH agrees.

But I did sob on the way home from work last night over a news story about a 4 yo boy who was mauled by three rottwielers. Very touchy subject for me anyways, and it had been a long day, and I just cried four a good 10 minutes over it.
#19 of 20 Old 05-02-2006, 10:21 PM

Oh yeah, I cry all the time and most of the time I don't even know why. Or I do know but it's silly. Last night was bad though because my DP said he didn't think I have mothering instincts and that made be sob and sooo angry. A lot of things he does/says makes me upset lately. Earlier I threw a bunch of stuff at him.
#20 of 20 Old 05-02-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vloky
my DP said he didn't think I have mothering instincts and that made be sob and sooo angry.
Well of course it did! Sheesh. Of all the things to say to a pregnant lady. Wait, I'm going to start a separate thread on this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page