Chat thread :) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 04-25-2006, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi37
Anybody else playing the "Come-here-DH-and-put-your-hand-on-my-belly-for-ten-minutes-even-though-you-can't-feel-anything" game? That is my FAVORITE game these days. DH is being verrrrrry patient about it!
YES! It's making him crazy. This little one moves around a LOT so where I put his hand from the last kick is not where the next one will be. I'm always asking, "Did you feel that?" Like the cell phone commerical guy, "Can you hear me now?" .

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 04-25-2006, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi37

Anybody else playing the "Come-here-DH-and-put-your-hand-on-my-belly-for-ten-minutes-even-though-you-can't-feel-anything" game? That is my FAVORITE game these days. DH is being verrrrrry patient about it!
We have not started playing that game in this house. Unfortunately, since this is the 6th babe I've had in there, I have a "bit" of extra padding in that area (I affectionately call it *twin skin*) and we aren't feeling movements on the outside. I also think an anterior placenta is helping with that. I'm sure we'll be playing that soon, and I really can't wait for DD to play too!

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#33 of 40 Old 04-25-2006, 02:34 PM

I actually did that once but I was having a BH and wanted him to understand what that was. He was like yeah uh huh...ok. and took his hand off.....its going to take a while for him to feel comfortable i guess...plus hes not really a touchy-feely-lovey-dovey kinda guy. i am SOOOO waiting for the kicks....excited and anxiously waiting...
#34 of 40 Old 04-25-2006, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy
YES! I'm always asking, "Did you feel that?" Like the cell phone commerical guy, "Can you hear me now?" .
yup, that was us last night! Baby seems to like it when my knees are up, so I sandwiched DH's hand between my belly and knees and I felt baby kick on the inside, but DH couldn't feel it. He humored me, though. He loves hearing about it, insists it's a boy because 'he' is kickin the sh*t out of me, So loving...
#35 of 40 Old 04-26-2006, 01:56 PM

Baby Wallace hasn't kicked for 2 days! I think when I'm stressed, Baby doesn't kick at all. I'm hoping this moving stress during the weeks of finals isn't going to permanently damage Baby Wallace...

I have to go for a 20 weeks ultrasound today to check my cervix. But we get to find out what we're having!!! I'm really excited.

Tomorrow we move. There is still so much to do. I just started packing the pots and pans, I have to make a trip to Goodwill, finish laundry, clean the house after the boxes have been moved, pack up our food and so much more.

I'm going insane!

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#36 of 40 Old 04-26-2006, 03:23 PM

ack!!! feeling your insaneness, mum2be, and wishing you a peaceful move and settling in at your new place...

~claudia
#37 of 40 Old 04-26-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2be
Baby Wallace hasn't kicked for 2 days! I think when I'm stressed, Baby doesn't kick at all. I'm hoping this moving stress during the weeks of finals isn't going to permanently damage Baby Wallace...

I have to go for a 20 weeks ultrasound today to check my cervix. But we get to find out what we're having!!! I'm really excited.

Tomorrow we move. There is still so much to do. I just started packing the pots and pans, I have to make a trip to Goodwill, finish laundry, clean the house after the boxes have been moved, pack up our food and so much more.

I'm going insane!
feeling ya. i am making a list of exactly what i have to do (appts. and such) on each day of the week until next tues. we go on vacation then and i feel like i am sooo behind and i am soooo excited to go on vaca at the same time. I am going nuts!! to you!!
#38 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Ooo, so much moving! How stressful!

We moved a ton in the last couple years but we're planning on staying in this place at least a year more. Though I did call on a great deal of a house JIC that I saw on Realtor.com~ it was sold the first day it was put on the market, though, which is probly a blessing. It had a 4 car garage, though, and we could afford it, DH would have LOVED that for his shop.

I am feeling baby kick more and more every day now, you guys too? I ran around after DH got home from work (to get B&J of course!). Normally that is my relax time when baby kicks the most. Baby must have decided to go to sleep instead.

I only feel baby on the right side, I've only felt kicks on the left like twice, and those could have been gas. Anyone else like this?

I think baby might be growing again, I'm not as sleepy as the 1st trimester, but I'm liking a lot more sleep lately.

My non-NFL confession of the day is that I bought Vanilla and Lavender dryer sheets at Walmart last week (2 strikes against me ) and I LOVE them! I like the dryer sheets even better than the liquid fabric softener. I know not to use it on my cloth diapers or baby's stuff, but I'm really enjoying the smell on everything else! Yuuuummmm. I'll make up for it by buying a clothes line next time I'm in town. Those 2 cancel out, right?

Cara
#39 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhoneyswife
I only feel baby on the right side, I've only felt kicks on the left like twice, and those could have been gas. Anyone else like this?
With all three of my babies, I've felt them first on the right side. They would stay there for the first two or so weeks of kicking, and then spread out.
My son never did, he was always really gentle.
My daughter kicked so hard she actually injured me internally. I'm not joking.
This baby has just started kicking all over. Sometimes I feel it in one or two places at once. Last night I felt another roll. It literally fills me with this giddy glee. You'd think I'd be used to this after three.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#40 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 06:12 PM

Hi ya'll, I have been reading, but not chatting much. Trying to keep my nose to the grindstone to finish out the semester.
I can't get used to the feeling either. After Gwen was born, I remember thinking how much I missed feeling her move on the inside.
This time I am soaking it up! It still startles me though when I get a good swift kick. Sometimes it feels like he/she is blowing bubbles. Wonder what that is about?
V

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page