Mothering Forum banner

Where are you feeling your movement?

1K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  mom e 
#1 ·
I'm just curious because I've been feeling quite a lot of movement in the last week or so. I'm about 19 weeks right now. When I was pregnant with my son, I had a lot of movement, but it was mostly in my tummy, and around my belly button. With this one, I'm feeling a lot of movement in my bladder area. I've had a lot of pressure down low and am wanting to know if it's something to worry about, or if it's normal to have movement that low.

#3 ·
I'm 21w and just about all the movement I have felt has been really low. I've only felt a few kicks near my belly button, everything else has been considerably lower. Don't worry, I think it's pretty normal.

#5 ·
I feel most of the kicks down low and in the center. Yesterday I felt a few around my belly button area. I'm 20w3d and I'm not really feeling as much movement as I think I should. I'm betting I have an anterior placenta and I think I need adjust from carrying twins. Tons more movement with twins

#6 ·
The first movement I felt was dancing on my cervix and it didn't feel good.
Now (21 wks) I'm feeling it all over, but mostly on the left side. Like ErinBird, I suspect the placenta is on the right. My younger dd finally felt some good kicks today and it was adorable-she giggled every time.

#8 ·
All the movement I feel is pretty low, just below my pubic bone. I can feel stretching movements etc, elsewhere but no real kicks or bumps. When my midwife was finding the baby's heartbeat with the fetoscope this was the only place she could find it also, and she thinks I have an anterior placenta.

#10 ·
yeah no kidding whats up with the anterior placenta? i had an ultrasound and thats what they told me. Right smack dab in the middle of my belly i am guessing. I feel movements to either side. felt the slightest bump OUTSIDE this morning for the first time. on my right side. i am sad that its harder to feel. ds was a joy to feel all the time and i would like dh, mom and sister to feel dd move more!!

love movement isn't anything to worry about. babys twist, turn, flip, and then Jam their heads into your bladder!! tho my dd is transverse and has her head right where ds's knee is when i pick him up!!

#11 ·
Everywhere. At first it was all concentrated along my lower right side, just above my pubic bone (that's where I ALWAYS feel the first movements) but now it's everywhere, and sometimes in two places at once. Hands and feet.

#13 ·
They told me on Wednesday that I, too, have an anterior placenta!
I'm at 21.5 weeks (first baby) and am not sure if I've felt anything yet. Sometimes it's a slight movement like stomach gurgles, sometimes a little pain for a few seconds and it goes away. Would he be kicking?
As I've always had stomach problems and stomach noises, I can't seem to distinguish what's the normal stuff and what is finally my much-awaited baby moving around in there!

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvons
Another here with the LOW and centered movments. Much lower than DD or DS were.

Deb
Me too, though I have felt a few kicks up at the top, but only to the right and/or left not in the center...I'm suspecting I might have an anterior placenta.
That could partly explain why I didn't feel this baby untill 3 weeks later than the first too.

#17 ·
Quote:
Wow, we've got a bunch of anterior placentas here! I've got one, too...we saw it on the ultrasound. And yup, I'm feeling most movement quite low, also.
Add me to the anterior placenta tribe...
I feel my kicks on the left side low mostly. But I do think this girl is a mover and a shaker because I have felt them up front, up top in the back but not usually on the right. But yesterday at the ultrasound she was transverse with her head to the right so maybe she just likes that position alot? The anterior placenta explains why I felt her later than with my last DD by a couple weeks.

Heather

#18 ·
I second orangefoot on that pre-stretched uterus thing. I won't be 20 weeks until friday and I keep feeling some high little kicks the last few days. I felt one halfway between my belly button and rib cage today, but most are around my belly button or halfway between my bb and pubic bone. I always thought your uterus didn't hit your bb until 20 weeks. I've been feeling kicks above mine for a week or two.

#20 ·
I'm now feeling movement just about everywhere. Much more lower than higher up.

Also felt baby moving on both sides of my uterus after I woke up with a full bladder one night. S/he must have been lying transverse at the time and stretching :)

#21 ·
I keep feeling top and bottom at the same time (hands and feet? Head and feet?)

Last night I felt baby do a complete rotation and use her feet to PUSH off the top of my uterus and bonk downward. That HURRRTTTT!!!

#22 ·
Oh, goddess, I'm feeling kicks all over, and especially up high! And can we talk about BH contrax?? I don't remember feeling them this early or this strong before! I need to practice labor breathing already!! Phoooooooshhhhhhhhh.

#23 ·
I am now starting to feel more kicks, puches, and rolls, just a few cm above my belly button. This baby's favorite time to move is....yes at bedtime, lol! I am a side laying stomach sleeper (imagine a runner in a race getting into position) so I do lay on my side when he/she or they or moving. I would just feel too guilty if I squished my poor darling!

#24 ·
I'm still feeling the baby way down low. Occasionally I feel it by my belly button, but not often. I thought I had an anterior placenta, but the u/s showed the placenta to be posterior and way up high.

I had a spicy veggie sandwich from Wild Oats the other day and the baby either loved it or hated it. I'd never felt so much movement! And I haven't felt him/her move as much since then either. It makes me want to eat that sandwich everyday to feel this baby get going

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.