Panting! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-05-2006, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holy moses! I don't know what has happened but all of a sudden I am as big as a house and panting and exhausted all the time. I was getting my ds ready to go out this morning (a long process) and I realized that I had left the sunblock upstairs and was going to have to go back up. I almost started crying. And it was 9am!

I think August is not going to be pretty around here!
#2 of 11 Old 05-05-2006, 08:35 PM

Oh yes... i am dreading August. I plan on floating around like a beached whale at the water park most of that month.

Deb
#3 of 11 Old 05-06-2006, 12:20 PM

I'm right up there with you on the panting and exhaustive feelings. Its especially true when I am climbing an extremely long flight of stairs, ugh! Chin up, it only gets better, hee hee.
#4 of 11 Old 05-06-2006, 03:10 PM

I am so with you on this one! We went for a walk last night & about 4 houses down the street I was already out of breath. Dh just laughs at me, he thinks it is so funny :

Yeah I guess I really didn't think the timing of this compeletly planned child though. The valleys/deserts of Southern California are not going to be pleasant this summer

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#5 of 11 Old 05-06-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl
The valleys/deserts of Southern California are not going to be pleasant this summer
I grew up there, and it's bad, but I fear the wretched humidity of the mid-Atlantic will be worse... Oh, the agony threads we'll have here about how hot and sweaty we all are!

Mimi :yawning: the happy mama of one DD & one DS ; married to my sweetie.
#6 of 11 Old 05-08-2006, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi37
I grew up there, and it's bad, but I fear the wretched humidity of the mid-Atlantic will be worse... Oh, the agony threads we'll have here about how hot and sweaty we all are!
Yuck! What a wonderful summer this will be. The news shows that by the end of the week we will be in the low 90's already. Watch out world, because I am wearing shorts & tanks, pasty white skin, fat, cellulite, stretch marks, spider veins & all. My inlaws are Mexican & they are already teaseing me about how white I am, just wait folks, just wait

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#7 of 11 Old 05-08-2006, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl
Watch out world, because I am wearing shorts & tanks, pasty white skin, fat, cellulite, stretch marks, spider veins & all.
Woo yeah! Right on, mama!

Sorry to take this thread off topic but I HAD to give that a shout out.

#8 of 11 Old 05-08-2006, 01:52 PM

The whole walk back up my driveway from getting DD on/off the bus has lately become terrible with me chanting in my head "I think I can, I think I can"... my driveway is 160ft long and sort of steep. I so thought I was going to have to stop halfway up this morning... Someone tell this baby that mommy needs her lung capacity so that she can continue to be active!

Heather
#9 of 11 Old 05-08-2006, 02:32 PM

Does anybody know WHY exactly this happens? Does anything improve it? It's tough because I want to keep moving but, man, it's hard. I fear DH is a little concerned because I avoid the stairs to our 3rd floor home these days, and when I do attempt them, I go slow and breathe hard... I think he thinks I'm unhealthy!

#10 of 11 Old 05-08-2006, 04:20 PM

yeah it doesn't help when you eat a HUGE buffet dinner either i have been getting short of breath too....my mother keeps wondering if my due date is wrong cause its happening so "early". this is #2 so i think ds just stretched everything out for this one!! i got everyone beat tho i guess....i am on vacation and my mother has a mile long driveway and she walks to check the mail and I have gone 2x so far....ds comes along too so the last 1/4 mile we wait and play so thats 1.5 miles all together!! course we go slow and its half flat half hills. keep it up girls!!

p.s. i live in tucson.....i am going to DIE!!! of heat...i feel like a shriveled raisin already (skin gets soooo dry). we'll make it...right?
#11 of 11 Old 05-08-2006, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi37
Does anybody know WHY exactly this happens? Does anything improve it? It's tough because I want to keep moving but, man, it's hard. I fear DH is a little concerned because I avoid the stairs to our 3rd floor home these days, and when I do attempt them, I go slow and breathe hard... I think he thinks I'm unhealthy!
No it is not because you are unhealthy. Part of it is the increase in progesterone. It makes you feel short of breath & want to try to breath deeper. Then there is all of your organs & eventually baby moveing upwards. Also you are 'breathing for two' so your rib cage can actually become a few inches wider than normal to try to help you take in enough oxygen for you AND your baby.

As for what helps...giving birth I guess, lol That is probably not what you want to hear, sorry. Other than that try to keep yourself active so you don't get to out of shape. Also not eating large meals. There isn't much room in there so big meals just make it worse.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page