Would you wear a bikini this summer? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks like I will be spending a lot of time at a public (golf club) pool this summer with some friends. Is it scandalous to wear a bikini?

Last time I wore a tankini but I am too busty to wear somthing that isn't underwire now. All I can find in my size are NON-maternity bikini's . I am not opposed per say. I have a nice body. In fact I think my belly is lovely (no stretch marks there) but very white. I guess I could find some kind of cover-up and wear that all the time?

I'm kind of on the fence. I think my concern is all the attention I would draw?

what do you think?
#2 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 03:21 AM

i'm not in your DDC, but i wore a bikini last summer. it was really comfortable and way cheaper than a maternity suit. i got a lot of compliments
#3 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 03:39 AM

In a heartbeat.

IMO, a regular bikini looks much cuter than the maternity suits. Constantly tugging on a tankini top to keep it over the belly is much more conspicuous.
#4 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 03:39 AM

The *only* time I will wear a bikini is while pregnant.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#5 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 04:13 AM

If I had a body I was willing to show off I would in a heartbeat! I think you should go for it

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#6 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 04:33 AM

I'm not in you DDC but I fully plan on wearing my bikini this summer. When I had my last baby I was due in September I thought I needed a maternity swim suit I wore it once and hated it I would have been better off wearing my regular swim suit with my belly out!

Andrea
#7 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 11:07 AM

I personally don't wear a bikini even when not pg, so I wouldn't. But if I normaly did then I would for sure. Baby bellys are beautiful!

We don't even go swimming... I haven't worn a swim suit the entire 3 years I've known my DH I tease him that I'm not going to let him see me in a swim suit

Cara
#8 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 11:37 AM

I only go swimming a couple of times each summer and all I have is a bikini. I don't want to spend money on a maternity suit, so I'll be wearing what I have!
#9 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 12:16 PM

If you want to wear a bikini wear one, its not like we are banned from wearing one just because we're preggo, lol. Go for it, and have fun!
#10 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 01:19 PM

I agree with the other posters -- if you want to wear a bikini, go for it! You might get some attention, but I think people are getting more used to seeing pregnant bellies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatolover
Last time I wore a tankini but I am too busty to wear somthing that isn't underwire now.
Just fyi -- they definitely make underwire tankinis -- I have one! (And underwire one-pieces, too, but I'm not sure those would be as comfy for a preggo body.) So look for those if you prefer more coverage.

And have fun!

Mimi :yawning: the happy mama of one DD & one DS ; married to my sweetie.
#11 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 01:37 PM

I wore a bikini with my first pregnancy. I did get some looks, but they were more like "isn't she the cutest pregnant lady you have ever seen" looks. And if they weren't, that's how I took them. I just couldn't see spending money on something I'd wear for a few months and probably never wear again. This time, I'm too insecure about my stretch marks to wear one, so I bought a tankini suit yesterday. I say you should wear your bikini proudly.
#12 of 17 Old 05-06-2006, 02:27 PM

I'm not sure I'm getting in ANY kind of bathing suit this summer! I just need to find a pair of quick-drying nylon shorts to take ds to play in the local park water fountain and I'll be good. I did try on some maternity swimsuits last week, and I felt like they already barely covered my belly so it would probably look pretty ridiculous in another few months when I'm really huge. So my plan is probably bikini top and some nylon shorts, since we rarely swim in any pools anyway.

Keeping busy with 2 boys & 1 girl ('04, '06, '08)
#13 of 17 Old 05-09-2006, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter

thanks everyone! I ordered a new one today. I'm a busty gal 36f-g and the only way to get a suit is to special order it.

Floating in cool water in the hot sun here I come!
#14 of 17 Old 05-09-2006, 02:52 AM

im in the DDC after yours, and I am totally wearing a bikini this summer! I am even getting face paints for my lil bros to "create a masterpiece" on my bare belly! pregnant women are beautiful! show it off!!
#15 of 17 Old 05-09-2006, 05:30 PM

I love wearing one when im pregnant. I never even thought of it being an issue. I guess cause I always wear one anyway

I say SHOW that belly off

Michele
#16 of 17 Old 05-09-2006, 06:19 PM

No, my belly is growing hair!:
#17 of 17 Old 05-09-2006, 08:30 PM

heck ya....my son is all about the pool this summer so i have to wear something. i tried on some of the one piece maternity suits but they made me look like a whale and didn't cover my thighs. for some reason i look ok in a two piece with a little skirt. also there wasn't much left in the maternity section this time of year? much more choices in the regular stores.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page