What else do you read on MDC? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-06-2006, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What else do you read on MDC? Just curious. I read here mostly, and also the general "I'm Pregnant" boards, and in my local tribe.

Mimi :yawning: the happy mama of one DD & one DS ; married to my sweetie.
#2 of 10 Old 05-06-2006, 02:55 PM

I used to frequent all the forums two years ago, but I've cut down... I go here, the Oct DDC, midwives/doulas and the unassisted birth area. Sometimes I lurk in other places, like birth & beyond, but I find it really mainstream.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#3 of 10 Old 05-06-2006, 03:13 PM

I've also had to cut down my MDC time. Cutting out TAO (talk amongst ourselves) helped a LOT! I frequent the trading post and I'm pretty active in the Running Mamas thread in "Fitness and Weight Management". I check in on my area in Finding Your Tribe often, also. When I need a good recipe, "Good Eating" is awesome.
The diapering boards were what originally brought me here, but I can't get sucked into that again. Especially not when I mostly do cloth to save $ and hanging with those ladies gets expensive!

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#4 of 10 Old 05-06-2006, 05:25 PM

I always read the Pregnancy and Birth boards (I like to peek in all the DDC's ). I've also been checking out the baby wearing and diapering forums. I also like to hang around the frugal/finance forum from time to time. Often I just hit the new posts link at the top and see what's going on in lots of forums.

The Gentle Discipline board is what brought me here, but I haven't been reading there much at all lately.

I pretty much only post in this DDC though, I'm not really very outgoing on message boards

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#5 of 10 Old 05-06-2006, 06:30 PM

I lurk around alot...here, the I'm Pregnant, Birth and Beyond, GD, Vax, Circ, and Nutrition forums mostly, though sometimes I wander over to the Crafts, Natural Home and BodyCare, and TAO forums too.
#6 of 10 Old 05-06-2006, 08:59 PM

I read the Preg and Birth, Sew and Embroidery, Homebirth, Nutrition, sometimes the Vacs and Circ ones and I used to do the Swaps but those are on hold for a while.

Deb
#7 of 10 Old 05-06-2006, 09:05 PM

I always scan New Posts and look for interesting titles, but that can get you in trouble if you wander into a group where you don't belong.
#8 of 10 Old 05-06-2006, 11:25 PM

I like here, Pregnancy, and occasionally unassisted childbirth. I have to break from the UC site every once in a while because for some reason I can't just bite my tongue on there I scan New Posts for interesting titles when I'm bored <read: supposed to be working> but mostly just lurk in those ones. And I like the NFL part too, been hanging out there lately. I'm thinking that all this will curb once baby is on this side of my womb; I'll likely be a little busier!

Cara
#9 of 10 Old 05-06-2006, 11:49 PM

I spend a lot of time on the following boards:

-Toddlers
-Gentle Discipline
-The Case Against Circumcision
-I'm Pregnant

When baby #2 comes, I'll probably add Breastfeeding and Babywearing to that list.
#10 of 10 Old 05-08-2006, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy
The diapering boards were what originally brought me here, but I can't get sucked into that again. Especially not when I mostly do cloth to save $ and hanging with those ladies gets expensive!
I can *so* relate...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page