Pain down there? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-08-2006, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so when i squat down i feel like my bones are already spread apart....like the pelvic floor bones are sore from pressure. i am not sure the actual names for this stuff so bear with me. i DON"T feel the babys head there...in fact i KNOW that her head is on my right side (shes transverse). i kinda feel like i have had to much sex all in a row and i am sore from that. (i know TMI)...unfortunatly i haven't had sex in a LONG time...so thats not it....

i sit cross legged alot and try to stop. i have been walking around tho and not just sitting. i am not sure why i feel like this. anyone else?
#2 of 10 Old 05-08-2006, 04:30 PM

I hate to ask another question, but are you talking about the pubic bone pain? Thats what I'm already starting to get and I'm not even in the third trimester yet! Oh, boy it looks like I'm in for a rough one. But , yes, I have random pains that spread from my lower abdomen to my pubic bone so I know the feeling, it feels quite uncomfortable to say the least. I find taking two regular strength Tylenol helps quite a bit. Looks like we have alot to look forward to in the months ahead, lol, but please no more pain!
#3 of 10 Old 05-08-2006, 05:09 PM
ish

Sounds like pelvic bone pain to me, or Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD). I'm no stranger to it - had it with #1 in the second trimester and this time it started in the first, so I can really sympathize with anyone going through it. I can say that shortly after birth it goes away.

Here are some suggestions to help you cope:

* Use a pillow between your legs when sleeping; body pillows work great
* Keep your legs and hips as parallel as possible when moving or turning in bed
* Swimming helps to relieve pressure
* Keep your legs close together and move symmetrically when sitting/standing
* When standing, keep your weight evenly distributed through both legs
* Sit down to get dressed, especially when putting on underwear or pants
* Avoid 'straddle' movements
* Swing your legs together as a unit when getting in and out of cars
* If sex is uncomfortable for you, use lots of pillows under your knees, or try other positions
* If bending over to pick up objects is difficult, there are devices available that can help with this
* Listen to your body, if it hurts, you need to STOP
#4 of 10 Old 05-08-2006, 05:12 PM

I don't know weather or not this is similar to your pain...all I know is that I feel so much looser in all the joints in that region. It is starting to get uncomfortable too. I was sort of self conscious this morning that I may have been waddleing on the treadmill when I should've been walking... Seems so early for this to happen...

Heather
#5 of 10 Old 05-08-2006, 06:03 PM

I have been suffering from sore pelvic bones for weeks!! (and I am only 20 weeks now). bummer. rolling over in bed is the worst, but it jsut generally hurts all the time. oh well.
#6 of 10 Old 05-08-2006, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

the pubic bone is in front right? just want to make sure. that hurts but it spreads beyond that too. probably about a horshoe shape with the middle being the pubic bone. i do sleep with a pillow between my legs and try to move my legs together. i just wanted to see if anyone else is having this pain and make sure i am normal!! i do feel looser in the hips and everything too. i can CERTAINLY tell that the hormone to loosen the hip bones/make them wider and the two points in the back where the hips and back meet are very loose and sore. that happened about my 7th month with ds and started about a month ago this time....i fear that if (big if!!!) i have another baby i will be in so much pain as soon as i start wearing maternity clothes!!!
#7 of 10 Old 05-08-2006, 09:49 PM

this is a great page about spd: http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm

~claudia
#8 of 10 Old 05-09-2006, 05:40 AM

What about a chiropractor that does pregnancy?
#9 of 10 Old 05-09-2006, 02:08 PM

I am having horrible trouble with SPD this time, though I didn't have it at all with the first two pregnancies. Sometimes the pain is close to unbearable-like a sharp knife right in my pubic bone. I have a LOT of trouble getting in/out of the car and putting on my pants or socks and shoes is awful.

I went to the chiropractor a few times and I think it was starting to help, but unfortunately it is too expensive for us right now. I'm trying to find someone who will treat me for less.

I can't imagine what this will be like in Sept. if it's already this painful. I've had to stop running b/c of it and that's making me one cranky mama. :

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#10 of 10 Old 05-09-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ish
Sounds like pelvic bone pain to me, or Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD). I'm no stranger to it - had it with #1 in the second trimester and this time it started in the first, so I can really sympathize with anyone going through it. I can say that shortly after birth it goes away.

Here are some suggestions to help you cope:

* Use a pillow between your legs when sleeping; body pillows work great
* Keep your legs and hips as parallel as possible when moving or turning in bed
* Swimming helps to relieve pressure
* Keep your legs close together and move symmetrically when sitting/standing
* When standing, keep your weight evenly distributed through both legs
* Sit down to get dressed, especially when putting on underwear or pants
* Avoid 'straddle' movements
* Swing your legs together as a unit when getting in and out of cars
* If sex is uncomfortable for you, use lots of pillows under your knees, or try other positions
* If bending over to pick up objects is difficult, there are devices available that can help with this
* Listen to your body, if it hurts, you need to STOP
It's also important that if you give birth in a hospital that the legs should not be artificially spread apart, if it hurts, don't let them do it, it can damage permanently.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page