Confessions and Splurges - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-08-2006, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
ish

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Splurge:
My Rockin' Baby Ring Sling just came today! Isn't it great?! When I opened the package my jaw dropped, it's so much more gorgeous in person, and impeccably made!

Confession:

As soon as I found out I was pregnant I did some shopping... and because we didn't really need anything for a boy, I just bought girly things. Now I have the cutest, girly diapers and clothes, but no little girl to dress! I guess it's time to get the camera out and post a huge girly for sale.
#2 of 9 Old 05-08-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ish
Confession:
As soon as I found out I was pregnant I did some shopping... and because we didn't really need anything for a boy, I just bought girly things. Now I have the cutest, girly diapers and clothes, but no little girl to dress! I guess it's time to get the camera out and post a huge girly for sale.
So your having a boy too? I bought some netural sleepers. Then I bought 1 boy & 1 girl outfit. Now I need to find someone to give the girl outfit too. I know 11 people having babies between Aug & Oct, so one of them is bound to have a girl.

I do plan to splurge on a few diffrent baby carriers. But other than that this kid will get mostly hand me downs.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#3 of 9 Old 05-09-2006, 03:04 AM

I have a confession.

A usually healthy eater I am.

I had a terrible day on saturday

I ate
3 krispy kremes with chocolate milk breakfast.

Hot dog and popcorn at movie theatre for lunch

4 slices of pepperoni pizza for dinner

AND chocolate milkshake for dessert.

at least I drank water all day long.

I felt so Ill. Just typing it makes me nauseus. I have been having much better days since then.

No splurges yet. But last time I bought a beautiful silk sling from zolowear. I can't wait to wear it again.
#4 of 9 Old 05-09-2006, 08:49 AM

Splurge:
Not yet but very soon will be getting...a *pink* Peg Perego Aria stroller.

Confession:
Not really to most of you but to *all* of my IRL peeps...we are seriously considering a HB this time. We're interviewing a childbirth assistant (cough-who's also a CPM) in two weeks. I am excited and have many many questions and can't wait to investigate this further.

I feel I have had so many food splurges/confessions I think we need a spinoff thread for that , which unfortunatly I don't have time to do right now

Heather
#5 of 9 Old 05-10-2006, 02:34 PM

Splurge: A Kozy Carrier! (But I really really needed it, right???) This brings my sling/carrier total to eight.

Confession: No meticulously-kept baby journal this time around. DS and DD have ridiculously well-kept pregnancy and birth diaries, if they are ever interested in them when they're older. This little peanut ... so far not even any photos of me pregnant. ARG! (But he/she is going to get the Kozy Carrier, that makes up for it, right?)

IBCLC, LLLL, Mom to 3, obsessive baker, where's my coffee
#6 of 9 Old 05-10-2006, 02:41 PM

Splurge: Nothing major....at this moment.

Confession: Whatever this baby craves, I eat . I recently ate from Subway three days straight, if that says anything. Also, about a month into the pregnancy I bought some infant socks and hung them on my bedroom wall for sticky baby vibes, it worked !
#7 of 9 Old 05-11-2006, 10:23 AM

Splurge: A Britax Companion carseat. I know I could've saved money and gone for the convertable one, but I liked the idea of the bucket seat for a newborn.

Confession: I ate a cappacino (sp?) brownie last night around 10 p.m. and was up until 3 a.m. and baby was kicking the WHOLE time! I guess a little caffeine really isn't a good thing...

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#8 of 9 Old 05-11-2006, 11:11 AM

Splurge: Over $300 that I really don't have, spent on maternity clothes. That, and, I have been chowing down on fruit popsicles all week - I've already gone through two boxes of them!

Confession: I know I should really incorporate the Optimum Fetal Positioning techniques my doula gave me into my daily life, but so far I haven't bothered.

Happy mama to L (Sept '06), R (Apr '08), R (Apr '10), and G (Mar '12)! - Homemade , Home birthed , Home schooled , Home grown

#9 of 9 Old 05-11-2006, 11:38 AM

Cofessions: Popsicles also! Otter pops, actually. Mmm, sugar and food dye, just what baby needs. I ate 2 containers of Ben and Jerry's when we had that thread going on (it's all your fault September DDC!) I like the fruit popsicles better, I think Bryers or Dole has real fruit ones? Those are good

Splurges: Well, we were in denial about what we made versus what we spent, so we bottomed out a week ago. Ooops! So, I'm gunna have to sell some stuff to buy what I need for baby (um, like a car seat!). One spluge I did do that I'm not selling is my dishwasher. Bought that about a month ago. It's still in the hall because my poor husband has been working Saturdays to pay for a truck repair and hasn't had a chance to install it. But it's going in before I have this baby, yay!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page