Swelling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-20-2006, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone swelling badly?? I can barely get in my shoes. My fingers look like sausages. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 01:02 AM

My feet have been swelling, but luckily not my hands. I have found that swimming has taken away most of my pregnancy discomforts, including the swollen feet, so the past few days I've been practically living in my parents' pool.

Happy mama to L (Sept '06), R (Apr '08), R (Apr '10), and G (Mar '12)! - Homemade , Home birthed , Home schooled , Home grown

Old 07-20-2006, 02:00 AM

yup, I bought bigger shoes last time I was in town. If I put them on in the morning as soon as I get up then I'm fine for the day. If my hands get swollen then I'll wash my dishes (there is always a pile in the sink ) in cool water and that takes care of it for the most part. I can't get my wedding ring off, though, but that's okay. I do have some ankle swelling, but it's not nearly as bad as my feet were when I wasn't wearing shoes.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:09 PM

I hit the 2 month to go mark & my ankles started swelling. I'm sure the heat doesn't help!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 07-20-2006, 01:29 PM

Yep, my feet get very puffy when I'm out in the heat and have been on my feet for a while. I usually just elevate my feet and it goes away. If I get really ambitious I fill up a basin and soak my feet in cold water - ahhhh.

Hands haven't gotten too bad but I got tired of checking to see if my wedding band was gonna make my finger turn purple, so a couple weeks ago I moved it to a necklace -- it bummed me out because I hadn't taken it off since the wedding day, but it's more comfortable now. The toe ring definitely came off a few weeks before that!

Mimi :yawning: the happy mama of one DD & one DS ; married to my sweetie.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:36 PM

I'm a week past my due date - have to be induced tonight unfortunately. My right ankle is almost the size of my knee it is so swollen. Had to take off my wedding ring months ago becuase of the fluctuation in swelling.

Hope your swelling ends soon!

Momma to DS1 (4) - allergic to wheat, rye, barley and eggs
and DS2 (3) - allergic to all legumes, egg, soy, peanuts and tree nuts
Old 07-20-2006, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Jennifer, and everyone else who replied. I agree about the heat, it makes it alot worse unfortunately. I just hope most of the weight I have gained IS water weight, lol. I have gained two pant sizes with this pregnancy, and most of it is probably fluid retention. Glad I am not alone in this.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:33 PM

Oddly enough my feet & ankles aren't swelling, just my hands

What my midwife has suggested for swelling is herbs that help the liver to function better such as nettle & dandelion. Also 50 mg of B6 2x a day. Then of course there is the cucumber & melons that will act a a safe, mild diuretic to help you pass the excess water.

I plan to drink lots of my preg tea today since it has nettle & dandelion in it. I was gone all day yesterday & didn't drink any which is probably why I am swollen today

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

User Tag List