Increased fetal movement? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-31-2006, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know we have to keep an eye out for a decrease in fetal movement, but what about an increase? This baby of mine is moving non-stop it seems. I thought fetuses sleep 90% of the time? Not this one! She's got it all wrong, she is constantly on the move and to be honest, it is starting to get annoying. Not only is she moving around and switching positions non stop, her movements are actually incomfortable, not painful, but I am feeling discomfort. She is such a strong little one, my last 2 were no where near moving as much as this one is or as strong for that matter. DH felt her move the other day and described it as almost "violent", lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-31-2006, 02:51 PM

I think it is pretty normal for baby to be moving alot right now. of course some just move more than others.

Since you mentioned changeing position alot too one possiblilty may be that you need to see a chiropractor for an adjustment. I have decided all preg women should see a chiro they are awesome!!! I've learned so much from mine this time around. Anyway if the joint where the hip & tailbone connect is out of wack it can pinch a nerve & cause the uterus to spam. This can cause baby to have to move around alot to find a comfy spot. Find a chiro experienced in the Webster technique.

After a few weeks of summersaults my little guy flipped head down (& has stayed that way) 1 day after my chiro did the webster technique on me about 2 weeks ago.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#3 of 6 Old 07-31-2006, 03:07 PM

My wee one is totally hyper active right now as well. Not going from breech to head-down, it stays head down but flips from side-to-side. I feel movement in every possible area....Interesting about the chiropractor. I have been a couple of times this pregnancy, and since reading several threads on the subject I have decided I would be a fool not to keep going. I actually just made an appointment with a woman who works mostly from an Osteopathic point of view, but she also has a lot of experience with pregnant women. The person who recommended her said she was either a doula or midwife at one point. I am excited to see her
#4 of 6 Old 07-31-2006, 11:39 PM

Ha! I have the increased movement too!!! I posted on another thread about how I read this website every week to see whats happening with her inside and this week it says that I'll notice she'll be moving a lot less (Apparantly due to the fact she's runnning out of room...) ARE THEY KIDDING ME?!?! I also am at the point where its uncomfortable, although I aslo find it a bit painful at times... She literally projects body parts out of my stomac....! I mean at the end of the day I'm happy to know she's there for sure, but it gets so darn uncomfy She stays head down, so I think its mainly just leg streatching and side to side springing.... I've found the only thing that helps (Not that it even helps much but it seems to ease the blows slightly) is a slightly warm hot water bottle... If its made too warm she'll let me know...!
#5 of 6 Old 08-01-2006, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

I do see a chiropractor on a weekly basis and the baby is head down, no doubting that. What I mean when I say she is changing positions constantly is that she seems to be spinning from one side to the other. One moment I feel kicks high on my left side and the next thing I know she's kicking high up on my right side. I guess she's just trying to find a comfy position.
#6 of 6 Old 08-01-2006, 12:45 AM

Yeah I get a little confused when I get movement both sides at once... I'm fairly sure she can't do the splits, so I'm guessing shes kicking her legs out one side and elbows the other.... Or something....?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page