Post your birth announcements here - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 10-11-2006, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Miss Maija Devi!

Born at home in the water October 8, 2006 at 4:47am at 41 weeks 4 days gestation.

Labour was one hour and 45 minutes long, including about 6 minutes of pushing.

She was 9lbs 4oz and 21 inches long at birth.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#32 of 38 Old 10-12-2006, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Benjamin Ryan
September 24, 2006 @ 12:05pm
40w + 4
8lb 12oz, 21.5in
14in head
9 hours of labor with 30 minutes of pushing (Man did he come out fast! )

He was born on a birthing stool at a birthing center in Portland, OR
#33 of 38 Old 10-14-2006, 09:45 AM

mason cole was born sept 26 - 40 wks 3 days. he weighed in at 7lb 8oz and measured 21.5 in long. the hbac went smooth...about 8 hrs of good, active labor. we had to push for 3 hrs (it seems that his head was a little crooked), but it was so worth all the hard work!
#34 of 38 Old 10-16-2006, 12:00 PM

Ezekiel Logan, Born at home, in the water into his momma's hands!
9/03/2006
8 lb 01 oz 21 inches long

(RED HAIR!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8_copy__1_.jpg

Dee
#35 of 38 Old 10-17-2006, 08:22 PM

Finn Powell Sobejko has arrived safely into the world.

An ultrasound on oct 5th showed Low fluid levels so i decided on cervadil induction at noon before levels got dangerously low... and Labour began with cramps about 5pm. contractions were 2 mins apart by 1am... I laboured at home with DH's help until we felt we needed extra support. Our Midwife, her training midwife, and our Doula all arrived at our place in the wee hours about 2am.

We arrived at Lion’s Gate hospital in North Vancouver, BC at 3:30am. I was 5cm... quickly went to 7 cm and then the wait began... many hours of NOT pushing due to a slow decent and a swollen cervix... led to phentonyl IV drip about 10am for 3 hours due to exhaustion/ dehydration/ and no food (vomited everything before leaving home)... to finally come to the pushing stage around 1pm... and THREE hours of pushing and many different positions to find baby's heartrate becoming affected... midwife wanted an OB consult which i agreed to... who suggested a minimally assisted vacuum decent. i was exhausted, and did not like the idea of babe being in even the slightest distress, for i knew if distress became serious, then interventions woudl also become serious... and i did not want that. so i negotiated with OB to have baby on my chest asap after coming out, as well as NO episiotomy... so he let me tear minimally...

i talked to finn between contractions and he then was assisted to get his head out while i contracted and pushed hard with the vaccuum. i pushed the rest of him out on my own and out he came onto his mama's chest... it was love at first sight and i couldn't let go of him... i could not stop talking to him and loving him up.

So after a 24 hour stretch (incl 3 hrs pushing) Finn was “finally” born at 4:57pm that day October 6, 2006.

…. and then he had lots of good skin to skin contact with papa next. We did not circumcise our son.

Finn was 2 weeks past his estimated due date, and weighed 3.72 kg (8lbs, 3oz) and 54cm long

We stayed in hospital for 2 days due to some complications but all is well now.

We are happily home now adjusting to life with Finn… (who is the apple of our eye).

So far we all sleep together and that works great for us. We are working hard at breastfeeding (as many of you know I had breast reduction surgery 12 years ago) which has some components of complications to it… but we are EAGER as can be to succeed.

The cats are in shock of no longer being “our babies” but hopefully they’ll get used to it soon.

We spend most of the time in the bedroom and have not answered the phone in days. It’s amazing how priorities change.
#36 of 38 Old 10-19-2006, 07:23 PM

Zurie Iris
Born at home on September 22nd at 9:09 pm. She was 8lbs. 10 oz and came out screaming and when placed on my tummy immediately grabbed my nipple and screamed as if to tell me what a rough time she had coming out. She didn't tuck her head therefore she totally had a cone head for the night. Labor was almost exactly 24 hours funny my predictions were pretty close and she was born 6 minutes after the sun moved into Libra. Zurie is so awesome I love her.
#37 of 38 Old 12-30-2006, 07:27 PM

Gabriella Mae was born Sep 5 @ 3:24 PM. She was 8 pounds 6 oz. 20 inches long. She was born 2 hours after my water was broken by the dr. This was my first natural birth and I enjoyed it so much I would do it all over again!
She was quite a natural to the breast and nursed for 2 hours after birth to when the nurses talked me into eating something and letting them bathe her.

It was the greatest experience of my life!
#38 of 38 Old 01-09-2007, 03:32 PM

Nonie Vienne
Born 9-30-06 41 weeks 4 days
5:34 AM
8# 6oz
21 inches long

My water broke at 11:34 PM on the 29th. I had just come to bed and felt a trickle..I though, I know I wiped. I tried to go to sleep but was so excited. I laid and rested for about a half hour and then the contractions started at about 4 minutes apart. My dh washed the tub in case I wanted to labor in it. Little did we both know it would go much more quickly!! I moved to the bathroom and sat on the toilet and the contractions went to 2 minutes or less apart. At about 2AM I figured it was about time to go to the hospital (only 2 minutes away). I think that by 3:30 or 4AM I was in the jacuzzi tub. They made me wait for my midwife. About 5:15 I needed to push and they gave me the go ahead. After 17 minutes of pushing, Nonie shot out like a bullet into the water. The staff was amazed as this is my first baby! I tore very minimally and required only 3 stitches (they were supposed to be disolvible but were not...my husband took them out!!). Now it only took me 3 + months to write this! Is that a record???
Nonie is thriving and the love of my life! Congrats to you all!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page