stabbing pain in cervix & cramp in thigh - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-15-2006, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This was a fun one: I am not worried about it really because it went away & has not come back, but of course it happened as I was getting DS out of the car to got to the grocery store. I had this sort of stabbing pain in my cervix & a cramp that shot over through my groin into my right inner thigh.

So there I was barely hobbeling across the parking lot. It lasted for about 2 mins. Then of course the whole time I was in the store I couldn't relax completely & kept walking funny (as if walking normal is an option when you're 35 weeks preg ) because I kept waiting for it to happen again, have a serious ctx or my water to break. None of which happend of course. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#2 of 11 Old 08-16-2006, 08:41 AM

I'v had both happen seperatly. Sharp pain in the cervix which feels like the baby must be punching me (never happened the first pregnancy), and "charley horses" in my thighs occasionally (also didn't happen the first time)! Wierdness. My right hip has also decided that no matter what I do (massage, chiro, osteopath) it has to be at least 2 inches above the other one, which causes pain to wrap around from my inner thigh to my butt (joint), and occasionally I get "stuck" too and can't walk. You may have just pulled something getting your little one out of the car...
#3 of 11 Old 08-16-2006, 08:47 AM

You are the first person I have heard that had this kind of pain other than me good to know that what I had was not something out of the ordinary.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 11 Old 08-16-2006, 09:27 AM

This is very common... and it doens't mean labor is around the corner...sorry. you may be dilated a bit (who isn't at this point) and your cervix has a bit more give/spring then before so a quick punch or head grinding and you will feel it.
It may be the last time that happens.... but probably not!
Tricia

momma to 7
:
#5 of 11 Old 08-16-2006, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Well atleast I know I am not the only one that has had this type of experience Very strange!!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#6 of 11 Old 08-22-2006, 01:58 AM

i've had it about 3 times in the last month. i'm 35 weeks along. once i had it while urinating on the toilet, and that kinda freaked me out... like i wanted to get off that toilet asap.

nice to know it's common.
#7 of 11 Old 08-22-2006, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't had a bad stabbing cervical pain again, but I keep getting the crazy groin cramp that seems to wrap around from my butt/back area. Very weird & I can't help but laugh when it happens because it feels so strange & I can't move my leg when it happens.

#8 of 11 Old 08-23-2006, 09:41 PM

Oh, boy are ya'll lucky! My little one loves to punch, push and tickle my cervix. Man, does that get annoying. It'll do it for hours at a time. every few minutes for hours. The babe pushed so hard the other day it felt like my water was about to break. That was sure a strange sensation.
#9 of 11 Old 08-23-2006, 10:44 PM

oh...i know what you mean now. i have the same pains now at 38.5 weeks. cervix punch coupled with pain in my (mostly) right thigh up high. sometimes its bad and i feel like i need to sit other times it just hurts enough to make me stop what i am doing.

the punches in the cervix happen EVERY time i get up from sitting/laying down. its sooo annoying!!

plus baby drops in the evening and i have a bowling ball between my legs and i swear i must be bulging hugely down there compared to normal (not that i can remember!!) when will labor start?:
#10 of 11 Old 08-30-2006, 10:30 PM

Wow, I'm so glad I found this! I was wondering about the thigh cramps. What on earth do you do to stretch them out? With my calves cramping, I just quickly point my heel down hard and they go away. But the thigh thing...nothing seems to work.

I thought maybe my baby's head is hitting some kind of a nerve down there in my pelvis. She sure is riding low.

And yeah, she's discovered my cervix, too. Maybe she is attracted to the "light at the end of the tunnel"?

High-tech Hippie Mama to Dd1 (9/22/06), Dd2 (2/25/10) and Ds (05/27/2013). I eat Clean, cloth diaper, and spend way too much time online.

#11 of 11 Old 08-31-2006, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

I actually was getting these really bad on Sat so I talked to my mw about it & we decided that mostlikely it is baby's position causing a pinched nerve. The worst part about it is when I get these cramps they make me have to pee too, so I can't try to relax the muscle or I am afraid I'll wet my pants :

My midwife did suggest a calcium & magnesium suppliment to help relax the muscles. She said this would relax my uterus & slow down my braxton hicks as well, since they have been getting pretty bad. I am also going to the chiro again this week to get my pelvis & hips back in proper alignment & that should help too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page