Do not ring bell sign for door after the birth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2006, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to create some sort of sign requesting people knock rather than ring the door bell to avoid wakeing the baby, but I don't know how to word it right. I also need ideas on materials for the sign. I mean if nothing else I can tape a piece of paper to the door or even over the doorbell button, but I'd really like something I can keep up & will last for quite a while. Anyone ever done anything like this?

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2006, 04:31 PM

Ummm, kinda rude of us, but we just disconnected the door bell. Then we put a sign that said "Mom and baby need their sleep, so please, do not make a peep!"

That stopped people from ringing before they read the sign and then alerted them not to knock. You know, some people just ring the bell and then look at a note, so that is why.

After the pp time, we just left the door bell undone. I like it that way, no one gets woken up from naps and all our friends know to knock (even the pizza guy!)
Old 08-16-2006, 05:42 PM

I'm gonna make a few. One will say, we are resting with our fresh baby, please come back another time.

the other will be a copy of what our midwives left on the door last time, it reads:

its a -------
born at------on------- weighing -------

in order for baby and parents to get rested and get toknow eachother in a quiet, peacful atmosphere, we ask that your visit be brief.

Before you leave it would be helpful if you could quietly wash dishes,take some laundry home, water plants, sweep, check food supply or do any nice thing that you feel inclined to do.

I think I'll go over it and make it a little more poetic, but I like the idea none the less. I think its important for poeple to be aware/reminded of the newborn/baby moon time and the needs that go along with it!!
Old 08-17-2006, 02:27 AM

I put one on my doorbell that said,

"Do not ring doorbell under penalty of death"

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

Old 08-17-2006, 12:40 PM

Babs!

Here is my babymoon sign:

It's a Boy/Girl!

We welcomed (name) into the world on (date) at (time).

S/he is a healthy, happy breast-fed, cloth-diapered, intact (if boy) baby, born at home, unassisted weighing (weight) and was (inches) long.

We are currently enjoying time alone as a new family to bond, please do not disturb.

We would be delighted to see you at the "Welcome Baby" party on (date) from (times).

Thank you for your kindness!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:53 PM

We have a wireless, electric doorbell, I'm just going to unplug the receiver!

But, I do want to make a door hanger for the screen door to remind people to be quiet and wash their hands, or flip it over to say Baby's sleeping...
Old 08-17-2006, 02:16 PM

we have a wireless doorbell too, I'm gonna turn the volume waaaay down. I actually prefer the bell over knocking because the bell's reciever is in the kitchen on the opposite side of the house as the bedroom but the front door is right next to the bedroom.

User Tag List