Chit Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 08-25-2006, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well i wanted to say first of all that i am 3 cm and about 70% effaced at exactly (well you know!) 39 weeks. i am VERY happy to hear this cause i haven't had many BH or prodromal labor or anything. I was worried by body was trying to be lazy!! mw estimated babys weight to be about 7.5 or so. kinda surprises me...i always thought this one would be smaller than ds..she still might be but the ways shes growing and the fact that i am guessing i will go another week or week and a half she may actually outgrow him!! we'll see. this has totally lifted my spirits though that my body IS working, that I am doing something and that i will go into labor someday!! mw thought i might have a baby inside of a week but i am guessing just a few days over my edd. wahooo!!

i also didn't want to start a whole thread just about my little dialation so i figured with sept. just around the corner and many of us will start trying to figure when we get to meet our babys and complaining about the lack of oxygen we need a place to just post random thoughts.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 08-26-2006, 02:00 AM

Well - I have no idea if they are doing anything, but I've been having BH a lot the past few weeks. And tonight I"m crampy and my back is hurting like the dickens. : Baby is moving around tons today - it's like she can't find a comfy position. :

Still have 16 days to go until my Due date - but I'm doubting making it that long.

And of course, my mother {who will be with me during birth} is sick, and I just got notified that my grandmother's estate hearing is scheduled for sept. 6th - this after I told the lawyer I couldn't travel to oklahoma {12 hour drive} until after the baby came!

Argh!

Plus add on no appitite, and being nausous on and off - I think I'll just stay in bed until the baby comes
#3 of 29 Old 08-28-2006, 12:38 PM

Midwife just left!! Baby has DROPPED. She said he/she is REALLY low now and from the sound of my BHs and where I'm feeling the discomfort she thinks I'm effacing. Since I'm almost a full 38 weeks she said to just let her know if I wanted to try any homeopathic sort of induction methods. I'm not to that point yet but it is nice that she thinks I could go at any time. Of course DS (#2) was born at 41+2 so I'm not expecting anything. Her feeling is that since this is #3 my body knows what it's doing and will probably go earlier. Who knows?!

Deb
#4 of 29 Old 08-28-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvons
Her feeling is that since this is #3 my body knows what it's doing and will probably go earlier. Who knows?!
OMG-I could just kiss your mw! This is #3 for me, too and I would love for this baby to come early. It would be especially cool if it would come in August, when my mom's bday is. I started taking evening primrose oil today to help my body gear up. I've been pooping non-stop since last Tuesday and had some off-and-on contractions. We picked up the birthing tub on Saturday and now I'm READY! Come on baby!

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#5 of 29 Old 08-28-2006, 01:22 PM

Hmmm #3 means going earlier...I wonder?

I am feeling annoyed at the fact that my body is telling me to SLOW DOWN! I can no longer go to work out anymore, I get too competitive (with myself) and that's not good for the rest of that day or the day after. I'll be resigning myself to walking my lazy Basset Hound starting later this week (since walking gives me ctx and I'm not quite 37w yet). I don't want to go into labor exhausted

Not only that the baby must be demanding more out of me, the past few days I've been starving and if I didn't eat enough or right, I get light headed and feeling sick.

Ernesto is worrying me, early on I had several nightmares about roads being flooded and bridges being out during a hurricane (hasn't happened since the 60's around here) and we couldn't leave the house and our mw couldn't make it here (this was even before we decided on HB).

I have a pn with the mw on Wed, she's bringing her stuff! We'll have the tub and her cabinet here. WOW its really going to happen!!!

On & off I'm freaking out about the actual birth, not so much doing it but the fact that I'll be vulnerable and frankly I'm feeling very modest right now . I think I'm trying to find that place where I can feel comfortable being nekkid and having my bits exposed in full view of our mw and her assistant. Yeah, I know its thier job, and I know that in labor I won't care, but right now I do care. I guess the good news is that this feeling is starting to get less and less as the days wear on.

Heather
#6 of 29 Old 08-28-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy
OMG-I could just kiss your mw! This is #3 for me, too and I would love for this baby to come early. It would be especially cool if it would come in August, when my mom's bday is. I started taking evening primrose oil today to help my body gear up. I've been pooping non-stop since last Tuesday and had some off-and-on contractions. We picked up the birthing tub on Saturday and now I'm READY! Come on baby!
We just got all the stuff to fill our tub yesterday so we're ready too.

Are you doing EPO vag or orally? She's been having me do it orally since 34ish weeks but I forgot to ask her about vag. today when she was here, I should call...

Deb
#7 of 29 Old 08-28-2006, 03:26 PM

My third was the first to go late - : I have no idea whiat the predictions for number 4 are but I've been having regular tightenings for the last 4 evenings which disappear when I fall asleep around 2am after about 2 hours of manic baby movement between tightenings.

I have no idea how effaced or dilated I am becuase no-one has had their hands near me and that's how its going to stay. I've tried reaching up there myself but I can't feel my cervix - either my fingers are too short or its still posterior - who knows.

My edd is tomorrow; you might remember I snuck in here becuase I thought the babe may not arrive in August and I didn't want to be the very last mama on that ddc! Dh is getting restless and thought something was happening last night when I got up to poop - yes poop at 1 am. Something is happening but nothing spectacular as yet.

Patience, patience, baby inside is as good as baby outside.

Heather - you only have to be as naked as you want to be and if you don't want them looking at you go and hide away somewhere in your house where they can't all fit!

Rachel
#8 of 29 Old 08-28-2006, 03:38 PM

Deb-I'm just doing orally right now, but will do vaginal at bedtime. That stuff gets too messy for during the day.

Rachel-I'm having the SAME thing at night. Contractions which drive baby nuts and eventually give him/her hiccups!

My girls keep standing by my tummy saying, "Come on out baby!".

#9 of 29 Old 08-28-2006, 04:14 PM

Nothing too exciting to report here, just hanging in there. I recently had an appointment, and I am measuring spot on. The doc did an internal after the GBS culture, but I was only 1cm dilated (probably only said it to make me feel things were coming along.) He did say the baby is low so I am happy about that.

I thought I was going to have this baby alittle earlier than the due date, but I suppose this baby has other plans. I have big time swelling in the hands and feet, so I'll probably be miserable for a couple more weeks! I think I have made this baby too comfortable, time to do some jumping jacks, lol.
#10 of 29 Old 08-28-2006, 11:07 PM

I am so glad this thread is here. I am going insane. Everything I had going on this summer has ended and I am just hanging around the house with the dog...

I was so certain I would have this baby early. I'm just shy of 38 weeks, so I know there's still a chance. But I want to meet her NOW! Okay, I've accepted the fact that she will come when she is ready.

Anyhoo, I'm crazy emotional. I get really annoyed, irritated, angry, sad, super happy, etc. and there is no real reason for it! Pregnancy hormones...

I started feeling very crampy over the weekend and was so sure something was happening. But now I don't feel the crampiness as much. Bummer

I never expected these last couple of weeks to be so HARD!!!

That's all

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#11 of 29 Old 08-29-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2be
I am so glad this thread is here. I am going insane. Everything I had going on this summer has ended and I am just hanging around the house with the dog...

I was so certain I would have this baby early. I'm just shy of 38 weeks, so I know there's still a chance. But I want to meet her NOW! Okay, I've accepted the fact that she will come when she is ready.

Anyhoo, I'm crazy emotional. I get really annoyed, irritated, angry, sad, super happy, etc. and there is no real reason for it! Pregnancy hormones...

I started feeling very crampy over the weekend and was so sure something was happening. But now I don't feel the crampiness as much. Bummer

I never expected these last couple of weeks to be so HARD!!!

That's all
I've been WAY over analyzing what the MW said this morning so I've almost got butterflies in my stomach thinking it could be so soon! I've totally got my self geared up to go to 41+ weeks!

Deb
#12 of 29 Old 08-29-2006, 06:46 PM

Talked to my mw this morning on the phone. She is on vacation til Fri & just wanted to check in with me. I thought she wouldn't be home until Sun, so I glad to hear her say she'd be home Fri.

I've been having more BH lately, mostly in the evening. They are really uncomforatable & really make me cranky, but I guess that is just part of the process. I too have started having the 3 or 4 BMs a day. Yuck! But I know my body is working. Still waiting on my mucos plug, although I don't remember much more than a few smallish globs while in labor last time. DS was born 15 days early after my water broke so I am sort of expecting/hopeing this one will be early too. As soon as my mw is back, I'm ready!!! The 7th is the full moon & I have been stuck on the 7th as the day baby will come for awhile. We'll see if I'm right.

I have no energy right now so I end up spending the day in front of the computer. Although Thursday my mom's group is going raspberry picking. I'm not big on raspberries, but I think it still sounds like fun. DS has really been acting up latley so outings are difficult, but they are wonderful ladies that I know will help me if I totally lose it : Which I am sure I will

Oh yeah & DH is being a moron about the aqua doula right now. Both bathroom sinks leak at the base when the water is on so we are trying to find an adaptor that will allow us to hook it up to the shower. He just keeps grabbing whatever & saying this should work. I told him he needs someting that matches a 5/8 to a 1/2 & he agreed. So he grabs a 3/8 to 1/2 lastnight, & said I think this will do it. 3 & 5 are NOT the same thing dingbat!!! So frustrating :

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#13 of 29 Old 08-29-2006, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl
Oh yeah & DH is being a moron about the aqua doula right now. Both bathroom sinks leak at the base when the water is on so we are trying to find an adaptor that will allow us to hook it up to the shower.
I think you can get a connection at a pet shop. I remember reading about it on the homebirth board here quite a while ago.

It sounds like our bodies are doing the SAME thing. BH at night, lots of poop, no energy. Come on Babies!

#14 of 29 Old 08-29-2006, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl
Oh yeah & DH is being a moron about the aqua doula right now. Both bathroom sinks leak at the base when the water is on so we are trying to find an adaptor that will allow us to hook it up to the shower.
home depot (or probably lowe's)
#15 of 29 Old 08-29-2006, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

ugh. i really hope i don't go until the 7th. why can't the full moon be just a few days earlier? i have no idea if it will even affect me but still. i am "expecting" things to take off the middle of next week. i will be a few days overdue which is expected and i am already progressing some and i think i have BH all night long. i wake up a ton and ask myself 500 questions as to why i woke up...nothing big obviously. babys movements have slowed down so much. mostly get kicked right before i get up, right after i go to the bathroom in the middle of the night or as i am getting ready to go to sleep. shes cramped!! i can't breathe!! get out!
#16 of 29 Old 08-30-2006, 10:00 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to get everything done in the next week (well, less than a week) before this baby comes. It'll be a few months before I can get to things again seeing as you have to be with your baby to breastfeed and baby will be in the NICU. I'm trying to figure out how to parent two little girls from a distance as well. I've got to go through the shed and find all their fall and winter clothes still. I've got school shopping finished (yay!) but there are a bunch of other things that DH won't be able to do. I'm not concerned about house work or laundry or anything. He's very capable (thanks to being a bachelor for 10 years) and can handle most things, but he works and dd#1 starts school the day after we are scheduled to induce. I have to make sure things are put away for the winter that need to be...ARGH!: Where is the time I need?!? I am very blessed to have a wonderful bf who is dropping everything to come and help me for a few days. Hopefully she'll be able to help me get most of it done. I also have several wraps, mei tais and slings that are waiting to be done. If I don't get them done now I won't be able to for a while. I do think I will take my sewing machine with me though. I'll need something to do for a distraction here and there and that would be perfect. I wiish I could just be in two places at the same time. Then we wouldn't have a problem.
#17 of 29 Old 08-30-2006, 10:37 AM

I am definitely feeling more prepared than I was feeling last week. My MW is on vacation and is back by the 1st. I really like her back-up but would prefer to have her with us instead. DS is madly in love with her and I think we would all feel more comfortable with her. I have been crossing things off of my list and have only two more things to do- paperwork. DH and I were planning on going out for our anniversary (our due date) this weekend since it might be overlooked on the actual day. But if we have a baby this weekend I will be just as happy.

We tried out our Aqua Doula two days ago! The guy who rented it to us suggested we try it out first lining it with a plastic drop cloth- just so that we know we can do it before the big day. DS was so psyched! He got in there and said he wasn't leaving until the baby came out! He's 3 1/2 with no concept of time. I loved it and didn't want to get out either.

DH was also weird about finding the attachment for the hose. He tried every hardware store looking for something to attach to the tub. Finally I looked it up online and realized it would be much easier to find something that attached to the sink. Maybe we'll check out the pet store to see about hooking it up to the tub/shower. It'll take about an hour to fill it up through the kitchen sink!

Anyway- I think I am done being pregnant. I want the baby to come earlier so that I can deal with DS's first day of nursery school (also on the due date!). After my midwife comes back I think I'll try some things to get my contractions going.

Mama to J and E .
#18 of 29 Old 08-30-2006, 12:38 PM

well - had my 38 week ob visit yesterday. Managed to draw one of the CNM's!

Great visit - everything looks great, and they don't plan on doing any internals until 40 weeks. Downside is that they have a policy of inducing at 41 weeks, but that doesn't really apply to me - I just won't go! I'm not delivering with their hospital anyways

Today I'm really crampy, gassy, my back is hurting & baby is moving around tons!! I've been having BH continuously {but irregular ones & nothing very strong. Just strong enough to make you say "ouch"} since about 1 pm on Monday, so we'll see what happens.

I'm just shooting for the 1st @ 7:30 pm - I wanna win the $50,000 from Jeff Foxworthy!

and I have to agree with the PP - I'm ready to be done with this pregnancy! I want my little one to show off, and to be comfortable again
#19 of 29 Old 08-30-2006, 04:41 PM

Okay - how can you tell when the baby has dropped?? How can one tell what station baby is at??

Also where are you feeling your discomfort makes the midwife think you are effacing?? I'm curiuos because I've been thinking that I am effacing and somewhat dilating slowly over time from where the discomfort was so it'll be nice to know what your midwife said and where your discomfort was. I am at 42 weeks today.

Another question is: I don't normally check but I was so curious so I did yesterday and I ended up not knowing much about cervix because I noticed something else that I didn't before! I can feel that very hardness roundness in there easily!! Does that mean the baby is well - engaged or just simply starting to be engaged?? Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvons
Midwife just left!! Baby has DROPPED. She said he/she is REALLY low now and from the sound of my BHs and where I'm feeling the discomfort she thinks I'm effacing. Since I'm almost a full 38 weeks she said to just let her know if I wanted to try any homeopathic sort of induction methods. I'm not to that point yet but it is nice that she thinks I could go at any time. Of course DS (#2) was born at 41+2 so I'm not expecting anything. Her feeling is that since this is #3 my body knows what it's doing and will probably go earlier. Who knows?!

Deb
#20 of 29 Old 08-30-2006, 06:04 PM

Hi ladies,
Glad this thread is here since I really don't have anything to say except that for at my 36 week appt yest, I was 2 cm and effacing. This is #3 so I am hoping to go a little early, but not too early since early babies are sleepy and don't want to nurse! (at least mine was)
I am measuring still a little small, only 35 cm instead of 36, but I have been eating everything not nailed down including chocolate cake, fried cheese curds, coke, frozen custard and etc etc... but I am still eating all my healthy foods too. I only gained 3#. I just think this one is going to be petite like me.
School started this week, so here we go.. the good news is that one of my classes is only a half a semester. That was an unexpected turn of events. It saves me 8 weeks of $ for child care. Gotta go do homework and get ready for school tomorrow. Wishing everyone well and patience during these trying last weeks.... I don't know how I would of managed this summer and spring without ya'll to see me through!
#21 of 29 Old 08-30-2006, 06:17 PM

oh yeah - forgot to mention that at yesterday's appt {38 weeks} I was measuring 40 weeks!

I've been measuring about 2 weeks ahead since 34 weeks - me thinks she's going to be a long tall baby She is a stinker though - every time I walk into the clinic she comes up as far as possible and sticks her butt out to make me look huge. Then as I'm walking out - plop down into my pelvis she drops Me thinks she doesn't want the OB's messing with her.

Still can't reach my cervix to check it - but I think it's because my belly is simply too big for me to reach around well.

I'm super tired today - practially falling asleep in class. As soon as I get out of class {in about 45 minutes}, I"m headed home to sleep
#22 of 29 Old 08-30-2006, 06:32 PM

OOO, comment of the day!

"Ran out of maternity shirts?"

Nooooo, this IS a maternity shirt! Can't decide if that's better or worse than a comment about how it must be twins.

I did a dump run today. Hubby will do them, but he's been busy on the weekends, so I decided to help out. Our dump run vehicle is a 1975 lifted step side truck. So yeah, I draw a bit of attention in it. I unloaded it from the ground except for one thing I couldn't reach, so I had to climb over the huge tire to get in the bed and get it. I'm standing there wondering how the heck I'm going to get out, I can't hardly see to get down because of my belly. So, I decide to jump. Graceful me jumps, does okay, kinda teeters and then falls on my knees. Oooo, I was so embarassed~! Totally didn't hurt at all, I just felt like a dork. And the worst part was that I had to go back because I had 2 runs worth of stuff. Sheesh.

K, I'm not desperate to have this baby, but I will appreciate regaining my sense of balance!

Cara
#23 of 29 Old 08-30-2006, 10:22 PM

I can relate. I stumbled getting on the hospital shuttle bus today and fell on both my knees. Whoops! I felt like a total moron.
#24 of 29 Old 08-31-2006, 09:54 AM

Oh the lack of balance:

I tripped over absolutely nothing last week and fell on my knees...then my hands...then my elbows bent....then I ate dirt. Dd was crying and I had to pick myself up and stop myself crying with self pity so as not to upset her more. I didn't have my mobile or I'd have called dh to come and pick us up and save us the 20 min walk home.

Today I'm 40+2 and my little pickle has slipped from LOA to OP just for fun. Not nice pressure in my bum and needing to pee even more is not funny and I'm trying to move the kids so they clear the floors so I can get on my knees and scrub them.

I know the babeis happy in there and I can wait but I've had the 40+10 hospital lecture as I'm high risk. My midwives are happy to do a homebirth up to 40+more so I'm not too worried yet.

Rachel
#25 of 29 Old 08-31-2006, 01:59 PM

well, my bff came over last night and helped me go through the shed. I managed to get all the girls winter clothes out and go through their drawers to put them away. We put all the summer clother away in the box for whoever they will fit come spring. We also went through all the baby clothes and seperated them by boy/girl/neutral so that when we do find out we can easily get rid of whatever we don't need. I am so thrilled. I've been wanting to get the kids clothes organized better for a long time but dh doesn't want to cooperate with me and bring all the boxes in the house so I can. It took us 5 or 6 hours. I was surprised at what a big task it turned out to be. But I also came out with 2 trash bags of clothes to give away. I also went through all my clothes and took out the ones that will fit me the soonest. Now I just have to go through and put them away. I also get to take most of my maternity clothes out of my drawers and get rid of them. Yay!!!
#26 of 29 Old 08-31-2006, 02:43 PM

I'm just back from the mw. Baby is much lower than last week, which is good. No signs of anything going on though. Blah. I'm SO ready.
There was a water mane break in our neighborhood today and we had no water for hours. That is just cruel for a pregnant woman. : I was sure I was going to go into labor and have my wonderful birthing tub/pool and no water to put in it. Thankfully, it's back on now.

#27 of 29 Old 08-31-2006, 04:55 PM

Yay! I have real clothes in my dresser!!! Still trying to get ready for baby, but getting closer...
#28 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 01:11 AM

I had my 38 week mw appointment today. All is well in preggo land here. i'm measuring 38 cm and have gained 20lb total so far. I've started to feel some menstrual cramp like twinges, but I think it's nothing for now. I really don't think this baby will come before it's due date and I'm fine with that. I'm still enjoying being pregnant so far :. Don't get me wrong! I have plenty of complaints. I'm still enjoying my big belly and baby kicks too much though! Plus the anticipation of the birth is so nice, I know that once it's over it'll be back to regular life, now with baby. I don't know if that makes sense. Basically I'm so excited to have this homebirth that I want to wallow in the excitement of it's arrival rather than get it over with already. Ask me in a week and see if I'm still enjoying myself LOL.

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#29 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

just a few more hours (technically for me) to sept. 1!!!! wahoo!! i am ready to get started!!

been having a TON of BH here lately....goes to show that as soon as i tell people i don't have many at all they show up all day long : having some twinges in my back and some pains in patches all over my belly. baby is always dropped if i am not wearing my maternity belt. i am hoping that she will put lots of pressure on my cervix and help things along a bit more. wondering if it will be this weekend or if she will wait until tues/wed when dh goes to work again......

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page