It's My "due date" and I'm still pregnant! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought about this during one of my many trips to the bathroom last night . Maybe we should have this as a support thread for those of us who are starting to lose it a little. My EDD isn't actually until Sunday (the 3rd), but I thought this might be a nice place to vent, and offer support and encouragment to each other as some of us watch our EDD's come and go...

I told DH this morning that I'm not actually pregnant, I was just pretending. I just have a bad case of gas . Anyone else feeling a bit loopy?

Is anyone due today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 11:33 AM

Yes! I feel like it's September and darn it, my baby should be here NOW! (stomping foot).
Today I've had hot flashes, some contractions (not BH) and a general overall weird feeling. I did nipple stimulation to bring on the contractions, but the are pretty much gone now (they only lasted about an hour after I stopped the stimulation).
It's weird-last time I was so resigned to the fact that my baby would be late, I didn't even really think about it. This time I'm obcessed with baby coming early, even though that just doesn't happen to me.

Oh wait-having a contraction now...:

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#3 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 11:49 AM

I'm 3 days past my due date. I've given up though. Had a good cry last night and am actually in a good mood now. My hormones have shifted to the new mama, good feeling type. Just trying to enjoy the last fews days with having my dd as my only child and full nights of sleep. Any day now!

Hang in there mamas!
#4 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 12:23 PM

Every so often over the past couple of weeks, I will wake up in the night with a contraction or two. DH gets so worked up and excited, "Are you in labour!?", and then the disappointment settles in when he realises that no, I am not.

I am going to lose my mind if I don't have this baby soon!

I feel like I am going to be pregnant forever, but who doesn't at this stage in the game.

Happy mama to L (Sept '06), R (Apr '08), R (Apr '10), and G (Mar '12)! - Homemade , Home birthed , Home schooled , Home grown

#5 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 12:31 PM

I'm not due till the 10th, but I'm still not miserable or feeling "huge" or ready to have this baby yet. I'm trying to let my body do it's thing and remember that baby will come when baby is ready. Baby's got his or her own birthdate all figured out!

(Remind me of this happy load of BS next week, when I'm miserable and ready to have this kid already, OK? )
#6 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 12:46 PM

I hear you ladies. I am so ready to meet this little guy. my due date is on the 6th . I thought maybe last night because of the storm and the pressure dropping would give me a boost, but nothing. UGG i am ready
lisa
#7 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 01:02 PM

Due dates today. Still pregnant. No surprise. VERY unlikely i will be one of those mamma's who deliver on their date. a few weeks ago i was miserable, thought it was never going to end...you know. when i went for my 39 wk checkup i was 3 and 70% so that lifted my spirits greatly. although my body didn't feel like it was doing anything (no BH, no false labor etc) i obviously had something going on. i resigned myself to another week and a half or so of pregnancy so i am going to feel O.K. that i am past my due date until a few days after labor day...then i will get cranky and b*tchy although i might plan in some sex....and a friend is visiting so maybe a quick walk around the mall...you never know!!

that being said if she decides to come today i would welcome it!! shes dropped ALL the time if my maternity belt isn't on....i can actually SEE BH ctx tightening my belly when i breath (very weird sensation!!) and i have occasionaly twinges and pain in my back.
#8 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 01:49 PM

on the "it's my due date and i'm still pregnant"...
so are about half of all women when they reach their due date if that date is estimated accurately according to their ovulation time or the fertilization of an egg.
and for first time mamas, close to half are still pregnant at almost 8 days after their due date. (for second or more time mamas, close to half are still pregnant at almost 6 days after their due date.)
you are not alone in your feelings, mama. i know it's frustrating (our son was born 8 days after his "due date") but trust your body and your baby and that the birth day will come when the time is right.

~claudia
#9 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 03:04 PM

LOL... This reminds me of when I was pregnant with dd and my SIL called on my due date...

Her: "Why didn't you call me?"
Me: "Um, why, did you call and I didn't get the message?"
Her "No, but this is your due date. I thought for sure you would have called to tell me what sex it was and that everything was fine."
Me: "Well, I haven't actually had the baby yet."
Her: "well, I thought all babies came on their due date!"

Ugh.

Me: Take phone off ringer for the next 4 weeks! I didn't have a babe in arms for that long!

Jaya- unschooling mama to Ariah Rayheartbeat.gif1/02   Rukundo Pacifiquebuddamomimg1.png11/08  

missing Trace Oak candle.gif 10/25/06

#10 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia
on the "it's my due date and i'm still pregnant"...
so are about half of all women when they reach their due date if that date is estimated accurately according to their ovulation time or the fertilization of an egg.
and for first time mamas, close to half are still pregnant at almost 8 days after their due date. (for second or more time mamas, close to half are still pregnant at almost 6 days after their due date.)
you are not alone in your feelings, mama. i know it's frustrating (our son was born 8 days after his "due date") but trust your body and your baby and that the birth day will come when the time is right.

~claudia
Honey I know all of that, but it doesn't make me feel any less bitchy,or tired, or so over being in pain every day that I feel like I might become hysterical. I am losing my ability to be rational or patient. I have resorted to stocking my house with 5 different kinds of chocolate concoctions. this is the only thing that makes me happy right now Oh, and I actually bought Hot Pockets yesterday in a fit of self pity
#11 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 07:51 PM

well, chocolate is good at making me feel better, too.
and cheeseburgers.
and fresh nectarines.
and cantaloupe.
and now i'm hungry... off to find food...

~claudia
#12 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 08:51 PM

You must all literally be loosing your minds... My EDD is still another 3 weeks away yet and already I'm going insane I can't imagine it being my EDD and still having not had her.... If that happens I'm gunna cry! At this point both me and baby are getting impatient... She keeps sticking her knees (I think its her knees, its that or her feet) out of my side, so I'll be walking down the road and I have this massive pointy bit sticking out of my stomac, I've had some of the weirdest looks from people..! I'm sure she's trying to break out, I keep telling her shes trying to come out the wrong bit , she needs to aim a bit lower!! But shes not listening :
#13 of 29 Old 09-01-2006, 11:39 PM

okay...it is officially September first and I'm still pregnant! can I please barge in and join you guys over here in the September due date club?!?!?! My "date" was August 27...I have a feeling it could be another week or two : My club has died down a bith since most of the mommas have their little cuddly babes to keep them busy Maybe you gals can comfort me or maybe I'll just make you feel better since I'm waiting as well.... These last few days/weeks are SOOOO hard!!!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#14 of 29 Old 09-02-2006, 02:23 AM

The august DDC had a support thread for trusting baby's timing, and I think you should start one, too.

I went crazy over my 'due date' with my daughter, which is why I boycotted them in my next pregnancies: they are SILLY AND STUPID!!! All they do is make you feel bad, so I decided never to have one again.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#15 of 29 Old 09-02-2006, 08:07 AM

Hello everyone!! Yup...my due date was the 31st and I'm pretty much losing it here too...or I was, now I am just so BORED and EXHAUSTED it's untrue. I'm also constantly hungry but get full after a few bites followed by heart burn which is SO frustrating.

I had a "stretch and sweep" on my due date to potentially help things along, my midwife and dr predicted I'd go into labour within three days...well, it's over two days later now and I haven't had any feelings that labour is close...no BH, no false labour, no pains at all really, (the odd ache, which is strange because I was aching constantly BEFORE I had the "sweep" and then it stopped!).

:

Anyway, I sympathise with everyone. Lets just hope it's not too much longer!
#16 of 29 Old 09-02-2006, 04:50 PM

Hehe - well lookie here! The midwife said that my due date was around Aug. 16th. Today is the 2nd of Sept. So 2 weeks and 2 days overdue!! LOL. Still no baby. Still waiting!
#17 of 29 Old 09-02-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahmami
Hehe - well lookie here! The midwife said that my due date was around Aug. 16th. Today is the 2nd of Sept. So 2 weeks and 2 days overdue!! LOL. Still no baby. Still waiting!
Oh my goodness!! Well, you must have almost stopped counting by now lol... you must be right about to pop any second now! :
#18 of 29 Old 09-03-2006, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Today is my "official due date" :Puke
I have decided to make a chocolate swirl cake with chocolate frosting and smashed up heath bar on top :. Yea for cake.
I am also debating going into the woods by our house and finding a nice black bear to hang out with and prowl around. (No wolves here in VA. Thats ok because they hunt and I wouldn't be able to hunt a peanut right now ).
I really like having pregnant animals around when I'm pregnant. Last time the farmer that shares our land had a family herd and at least 4 of the girls were pregnant. This time he is raising only little boy cows. All they want to do is stampede me because (I guess) they think I'm smuggling a bail of hay under my shirt (I guess that's pheasable). Anyway, it's harder to feel sorry for yourself when you see pregnant cows standing in a field all day, I mean they don't have a sofa or cake.
Allright, enough of my crazy ramblings

Oh, and don't worry. I'm not really going to go prowl the woods. But I might prowl the front yard
#19 of 29 Old 09-03-2006, 08:57 AM

lol.... too true about those cows - poor cows! hope you enjoy your cake....AND your bubba any day now.
#20 of 29 Old 09-03-2006, 09:09 AM

mmmmm....cake...with smashed candy on top...YUM! Enjoy...

Heather
#21 of 29 Old 09-03-2006, 12:10 PM

ugh. i think i've almost hit the wall too...
i am either 38 or 39wks- i have two due dates because my cycles are wacky. the first is the 9th, the second is the 16th, but really they are both guesses. we've been going with the 9th because i've been measuring along with it. but the thought of possibly being pregnant another 3-4wks is not so appealing to me right now. :
1st DD born at 42wks, 2nd at 40wks 4 days, and we knew when both of them were conceived. i have a feeling however that this baby is full of suprises! s/he really seems to want privacy.

and cake, i want cake now too.

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#22 of 29 Old 09-03-2006, 01:13 PM

cake! cake! cake! I figure baby has had plenty of healthy healthy food, I'm going for good coffee and my son's leftover birthday cake. What's baby going to do, get fat and be obese for life and become a coffee addict in a week? No way! Mama needs some comfort food!

But I actually really really hope baby keeps holding on until closer to actual due date (I'm 38wk now) because next week is ds's first week of pre-k and I want to give him lots of one-on-one time while I can. Boo-hoo, my first baby is not anywhere near a baby anymore! WAH! Where's that cake?!

IBCLC, LLLL, Mom to 3, obsessive baker, where's my coffee
#23 of 29 Old 09-03-2006, 02:36 PM

Lol - fluffy, you bet!! Now instead of counting - I just say okay I have another 7 days to go! As of now - Im hoping that I'll have the baby by the seventh due to the full moon!! So that means four more days to go! We'll see
#24 of 29 Old 09-03-2006, 04:27 PM

heheh yes, I'm betting on that full moon thing too! The 7th sounds like a good day. That said ---> anytime right now would also be fine! lol...
#25 of 29 Old 09-03-2006, 08:36 PM

LoL - for sure!! Anytime would be just fine too. I'm really hoping to have this baby for sure by at the latest Wednesday because hubby has the long weekend playoffs that I don't wanna miss which is funny because I was planning on staying home for several weeks enjoying my babymoon. Oh well - I can do that in between and after that playoffs then off to my babymoon! That is - if baby comes! If not - then I'll still be pregnant during the playoffs which would be better cuz I don't wanna people coming over and touching the baby at such young tender age!! : Just me and my family for the first few days or week Even so - if baby born, I can always tie her in my M.T or wrap or whatnot to keep it hard for people to touch, Hehe.
#26 of 29 Old 09-03-2006, 11:53 PM

so i have been having BH for days constantly...all day long...ugh. having a bowling ball for real is really hard to deal with. i started having painful contractions about 4 p.m. but i couldn't time them they just seemed to be constant with peaks and valleys. a friend was visiting in town and wanted to go out to dinner so i had my husband come along with me. sitting in the resturaunt the contractions got more powerful and i wasn't really wanting to be in a convo. told dh that it was time to leave and by the time i get to the car i am in a lot of pain and starting to cry and i told dh that i think this is labor...i hadn't said anything to anyone cause i figured it couldn't be labor. we get home and i lay down and dh calls the mw. contractions slow down....finally stop and everyone is still all up and excited. bummer.....i am really ready to go so i guess i will have to start walking tomorrow...gotta get groceries so hopefully that will help.

its really kinda dissapointing cause i mean that false labor was really really intense....i just couldn't fathom that it being that painful and hard that it could stop!!!

come on baby!!!
#27 of 29 Old 09-04-2006, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

It totally sucks that it stopped, but one way to look at it is maybe you dilated a bit. I have a friend who just had her 2nd about 4 months ago and for some reason she had a bunch of false labor, but when she finally did go she was 4cm and her labor was only 3 hours from start to finish!
#28 of 29 Old 09-04-2006, 11:14 AM

i am SURE something has been happening the past few days. tons of BH, false labor etc. i swear if i go another week like this i will just all the sudden stop and start pushing!! course the entire week i will be completely useless cause i will be constantly having to stop and rest or take a shower...i think i prefer a longer labor than feeling like crap for much longer. its gotta be today or tomorrow. i have an appt. tomorrow morning so if i make it till then i will find out what changed and what they think. i swear though i am done and to put as a friend does I QUIT!! the incubator is done....booby feeder is ready!!
#29 of 29 Old 09-04-2006, 03:29 PM

I'm not even going to mention due dates. I just want to be able to breath again. Maybe be able to make my bed without feeling like I just ran a marathon...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page