Dh INFORMED me today... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-12-2006, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That I cannot have the baby until at least the weekend. That it would "work better" if I could wait. (Hes out of town all this week. He left at 4am this morning and will be home around 6pm on friday)

I laughed at him and told him I would pass along the message, but I couldnt guarantee the baby would listen.

Ugh, I hate this. Dh travels for his job. This week hes the farthest away (at 4hrs without road construction, which the highway has been torn up all summer long, so there IS construction). Next week hes gone Tuesday at 4am-Thursday until 9PM. Then the week of my due date hes staying home.

This is why I was induced with my DD. He was in the town 4hrs away...it was 9pm at night, he had been awake since 230AM that morning....and I started having contractions. It ended up I wasnt in labor, but that was enough to scare me into an induction. I am not doing that again....but, gosh, this is rough.

I hope the baby listens. Because with my history of quick labors, already being 85% effaced and 3cm dialated...my labor might be a short one...and if hes not home and the baby goes quick enough...the only support I will have will be my MIL. (who is against me wanting a natural childbirth. She says "if pain medicine is available why not get it" : She is very mainstream. )

Ya know, and why I am at it....my FIL is such an inconsiderate man. He has been the "babysitter" while I am in labor since I got PG. Hes supposed to watch DD and DS since he cant be in the room with me (weak stomach and I dont think I would want my FIL anyways). Well, he asked us last week if he could borrow our car (we have a car that gets 50MPG) to go to Vegas the WEEKEND BEFORE MY DUE DATE AND BE GONE FOR SOMETHING LIKE 5DAYS! Which means....if I go into labor while hes gone...we wont have a babysitter for the kids. : Yeah...thats going to be good for me...be in the hospital with a 4year old and a 2year old, in labor, trying to keep them out of stuff, concentrate on my labor.

Ok, kinda panicing here now....
#2 of 6 Old 09-12-2006, 10:09 PM

well maybe it would be better to not have mil in the delivery room then if your are going to the hospital. just tell the nurses to be the bad guy for you. is there anyone else that can be there for you?
#3 of 6 Old 09-12-2006, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Not really. I do have a friend...but she has a life too....and shes gone this week anyways

I have some friends coming over from a town 2hrs away. So unless I went through a QUICK labor (which it could happen) they SHOULD beable to make it....

I dont think it will happen this week though.
#4 of 6 Old 09-12-2006, 11:03 PM

hugs to you.. something will work out. It may just not be obvious at the moment.
#5 of 6 Old 09-12-2006, 11:20 PM

It will work out. DH flys around the country for his job and I was paranoid he'd be gone. Turned out he wasn't!! YAY!

Deb
#6 of 6 Old 09-13-2006, 12:13 AM

i know its hard to not have someone reliable to watch your kids or help out. all my family is half the country away and most of our "friends" are bacholors (with that life) who work with dh....meaning they aren't like hey come over and babysit on a saterday night please...kind of people. we were lucky to get one of his friends whos a girl come over to watch ds for a few hours.

dh had also informed me that i couldn't have the baby on the labor day weekend....but that was cause it was his last "hoorah" weekend....not for any real reason. oddly enough i did go into labor the day after labor day!! lol

i dont know of anything to help you out but wanted to let you know i am hoping it works out for you.

are there any 'in training doulas' around you? sometimes they need to have hours under their belt and would come to births for free.....thats all i can think off.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page