Mothering Forum banner

Anyone else's babe nocturnal?

747 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Sanguine 
#1 ·
Our little Elisabeth sleeps during the day, then is awake from about 4 p.m. till 3 a.m. It's insane!!!!!!! I really don't know how much of this I can take. I feel like I'm about to drop dead.
:

When do their sleeping habits start to change? I'm trying to keep her awake and alert during the day, but I honestly don't think there's anything you can do to keep a newborn awake when they want to sleep!

Anyone else dealing with this?

See less See more
#3 ·
mines mostly nocturnal. at the very least she is way more picky at night. i could keep her awake during the day but it would be cause shes not being held and therefore crying....so i would loose my mind! she usually stays up until 11 p.m. or so and then in the very wee hours of the morning she will have a "wakeful" hour or 2 where she needs extra nursing/holding/burping while i am half asleep. another odd thing is that she doesn't sleep late either. shes up when ds gets up at 8 or 8:30 in the morning so she doesn't sleep for long stretches at all. we're even going through the "i'm not going to sleep unless you hold/rock/swaddle/bounce me for hours" thing and its driving me crazy!!

#4 ·
Levi is the same way! He sleeps most of the day and sleeps on and off until about 10pm and then is up until 4am. I am going crazy. I honestly don't know if I can keep going on like this. I'm so sleepy.

Tommorow we are going to try and just keep him up as much as we can during the day. Hopefully it will work.

#5 ·
yes, yes, yes. teddy is UP from 1-3 am, not mellow, either... generally much more alert from 4 or 5 pm on. trying to feed him at least every 2 hrs
9more if he wants) during the day--seems to slowly behelping to shift him from sleeping all day & cluster feeding for 1-2 hrs at night (if not being fed, he's screaming in the middle of the night. )

makes pregnancy look easy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.