Bruised Tailbone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-03-2006, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there. I had my son on September 19th and I had 3 tears...one was a third degree tear. I am mostly feeling better, except I think I have bruised my tailbone. It is excrutiating to sit down or stand up. I've tried the donut pillow but that doesn't help. Has anyone had this happen? And if so...how did you deal with it? I will be calling my OB tommorow about it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-03-2006, 05:24 PM

huh, not anymore. my tailbone hurt for the last half of my preg and actually felt like it was "popping out" while giving birth -- was in the water and kindof on my back and had to ball my hands up into fists and put one under each "cheek" to rest on cuz it hurt so much to put any weight on it!!! -- it was kinda sore for a few days after but seems to have healed up. probably not much help but at least you know someone else has dealt with the pain. it does suck too!
#3 of 5 Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 AM

Mine still hurts from 2 nd birth in 04. Not as bad this time. I found that heat really helped (heatingpad or hot bath) and IBs. Sleeping with a pillow between my knees helped too. That and avoiding situps! an easy one for me.
#4 of 5 Old 10-04-2006, 11:55 AM

I mostly just live with it - I broke my tailbone about 2 years before babe was born, and it either rebroke or is bruised again.

Not too painful for me really - I find that sitting on a chair where I can "Hang" my tailbone off the side & not put pressure on it helps.
#5 of 5 Old 10-07-2006, 07:41 PM

I've had pain both times and this last time, OB and I heard it "pop." Yikes.

It hurts more this time ... trying to keep pressure off it helps. It will eventually get better, I promise. It takes time but suddenly, it's OK. I think that part of it is probably trauma on the large intestine during the birth (or at least, it seems like sometimes it's worse when I'm gassy or going to be having a bm).

I sat on the donut for awhile; I try not to sit directly on my tailbone (ease onto my side or curl up); sitz baths are nice (and I also like kneeling in the shower which helps some too). When there's not a babe on my chest, I curl on my side if possible if I'm in bed/laying down.

Not all who wander are lost.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page