Mothering Forum banner

Increasinly "high strung" through out the day?

805 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Becken 
#1 ·
So it seems like dd just gets more and more high strung through out the day. In the morning she wakes up in a semi nice mood. Usually fusses and then is happy after being fed. After the first nap she isn't as smiley but can handle some floor time and tummy time and such; after the third nap she gets into a pretty damper mood and IF she takes another nap (usually quite a bit shorter than the day naps) she is in a down right surly mood. Getting her down for the night is a huge chore and usually requires an hour of rocking, putting her down several times and twitching a ton before she's finally asleep.

My feelings are that she doesn't sleep well increasinly through out the day but I am not sure and have no idea how to change that. I know that slinging her won't help cause she wakes up to "stuff" that goes on so its not like sleeping well.

Your dc do this? Previous children? Help..

#2 ·
DD is similar. The only way she is pleasant in the afternoon evening is if she has had serious naptime -- at least 60 minutes at a time, 90-120 is better. I dont have brilliant advice on how to get them to nap longer, sadly. I just know that's what she needs, so I keep working on it. Mine wakes up when she passes gas, sigh. Sometimes it helps to get her into a darkened, quiet room, and then I can nurse her into a nap. Less stimulation helps when she is overtired.

Also, DD used to be like yours with the 2 hour epic nighttime struggle (crying and shushing and rocking and multiple feedings and on and on), and then suddenly, in the past 2 weeks, she started just going to sleep. I still can't believe it. Bath, swaddle, nurse, put down, voila. So hopefully you will see some miraculous changes too as your dc ages!

#3 ·
Oh Lord is it good to read this! I thought we were the only ones! Yes, yes, and yes.

No idea what to do. It sucks though, huh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.