Mothering Forum banner

so, i'm a dork

808 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RainbowsMum 
#1 ·
and i thought it was an ongoing problem with thrush -- had a short lived bout of thrush that has been taken care of -- and it turned out to be a latch issue. i think it was aggrivated by the thrush and my mom bottle feeding him with the wrong nipple while i'm at work. apparently i also have waaaayyy too much milk which is making him slow it all down by clamping down and injuring my poor nips
here i was pumping and pumping at work cuz i've seen so many mamas post about their supply plumeting once they go back to work and have to pump ...

i feel like a dork cuz i shoulda known?! but at least i dont have to sanitize, sanitize and sanitize some more!!! actually quite thrilled about that aspect, was upset when thinking it was thrush cuz i'm pretty healthy andhave a healthy diet (most of the symptoms were now on me, BECAUSE IT'S NOT THRUSH SILLY!!)but not so thrilled at the work ahead of reteaching felix and myself how to latch properly. and i know the lac consultant is trying to be helpful with the nipple shield .... but dammit! its a pain in the arse to get on right especially when youre over full from trying to send your body a message not to produce so much milk and you have a very hungry little boy crying and fussing at you to "hurry up mom!"

so now we're trying to block feed and so i have to pay attention to the time i'm feeding him and whatnot - i HATE watching the clock when i dont have to. and i feel like the initial engorgment when your milk first comes in
: . hopefully everything adjusts quickly and we can got back to some sort of normalcy. but i want to so i'm oh so glad that at least i have some answers that make sense with some plausible solutions to make our nursing relationship better cuz i love my little guy so much, and have even enjoyed nursing him through all the discomfort
: ... so i cant wait for it to be comfortable, to boot!

just got off work and should enjoy sleeping with my little guy while he's sleeping.

thanks for reading my ramblings ... anyone else dealing/dealt with the same or similar stuff?

See less See more
#2 ·
I have been dealing with oversuply too. Now that Rhys is 7 weeks it is finally starting to regulate a bit. Plus we have been block feeding for the last 5 weeks. I am sorry you went through all that thinking it was thrush. I had thrush for a long time w/ Gavin, but when I think back on it I think I kinda did the same thing you did. I think the thrush went away long before I realized & we just had some left over latch problems causing soreness. So don't feel bad you aren't the only one.

#4 ·
for instance i can only offer the right breast for every feeding for a 3hr block, then the next 3hrs only the left breast and so on .... i wasnt sure on the particulars of block feeding until the lc explained it to me, just knew it was one breast at a time ...

#5 ·
I have a tonne of milk, I always end up leaking everywhere, it's ridiculous - I block feed too... Although it's been 3wks and all it does is make the oher breast leak heaps and heaps
:
And I had such painful nips' for the first 4wks (Thy had both torn - with blood and all and bruised
) it was horrible everytime I fed her I got tears in my eyes and had to bite my tongue so I didn't scream
It hurt so much. Thankfully I persisted through it and it's all good now but boy did it hurt to beguin with!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.