Mothering Forum banner

Ariennes Sick, Help please :(

816 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RainbowsMum 
#1 ·
Well Ariennes sick. On the other night she went to sleep at 9pm, slept all the way to 4am and woke screaming and refused to eat (VERY unusual) she screamed and screamed until 10:30 when she finally fell asleep - After still not eating she slept all the way through the day and night accasionally waking and feeding for maybe two mins before falling back asleep, she was really REALLY pale and a funny jaundis (If thats how you spell it) yellow colour which she's never been before, I've been taking heaps of Ascorbic Acid which has been helping heaps, but she's still not right, any ideas what it could be?? I haven't vaxinated her, given her anything but breast milk and I haven't had any kind of medication or painkillers or anything, and her poo's still the same consistency (Aparantly that's important) and theres no way anyone else could have given her something cos she's only been with me.... All I know is it's messing with her liver cos of her yellow colour but thats it...... Help

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah I did. I don't particularly wanna take her tol the docs cos they're likely to have no idea and just try guess and wanna do tests and try get me to give her a tonne of anti-biotics which REALLY won't help. I mean if she doesn't get better then I'm gunna have to but I'm gunna try avoid it as much as possible....

#4 ·
It might be late-onset jaundice? Physiologic and pathologic are out since she's past the age when you'd expect tem to appear. And yeah, antibiotics would do nothing for that. I can't explain the screaming in connection to late-onset jaundice, though. Do a google search for 'late-onset jaundice' and you'll get lots of information. No need to stop breastfeeding, btw!

Love the name that you've chosen -- tho' 'bella' and 'beauty' were so sweet!

Monique

#5 ·
Haha thanks
And don't worry, I won't stop breast feeding. I grew up with my Mother going on about how bad formula was so I fully understand that it's better to breast feed. She seems to be heaps better now but I'll do a google and see what I can find - Thanks Mama

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.