Trying to sit?????!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-19-2006, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ayla is 11 weeks tuesday. When i prop her up on my legs/knees so that shes facing me she crunches her belly and pulls her head and uppder back up like she wants to sit up straighter and tonight i put her in a sitting position in the boppy on the floor. she was pulling up and mostly supporting herself (not side to side) where her head was almost touching the floor but she was picking her head up and really trying to pull her self upright. i swear this is way early!! ds didn't try sitting until 5ish months and then it was 6-7 months before he was fairly good at it!!

anyone elses trying to do this???
#2 of 13 Old 11-19-2006, 10:58 AM

Yep, some babies are FAST! My high-needs dd was quick. We were able to stop using the baby tub and move her into the regular tub at 4 months old because she was sitting up perfectly without falling over anymore.

Sounds like you're going to have a heck of a year if Ayla is anything like my dd. It's exciting, but I'm so glad my son has shown any interest in doing anything except being held.

Go Ayla!
#3 of 13 Old 11-19-2006, 12:54 PM

Yep, Connor's doing almost the same thing (he's 12wks)! It seems ridiculously early, doesn't it? Ds1 wasn't sitting until after 6 months, mostly because he was too busy squirming around to have any interest in staying balanced.

And, I swear, Connor has been trying to army crawl when I put him down for tummy time. : He has the leg motions down perfect, but can't coordinate his arms yet so he ends up pushing himself forward on his face like an inchworm. It makes him really mad...

Keeping busy with 2 boys & 1 girl ('04, '06, '08)
#4 of 13 Old 11-19-2006, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

oh yeah it looks like she tries to crawl too, more of pushing her legs when she somethings he really wants ....like me!! it just confuses me cause she hasn't technically found her hands and yet shes doing all this other stuff!!

a heck of a year huh??? what am i in for???......:
#5 of 13 Old 11-19-2006, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post
a heck of a year huh??? what am i in for???......:
Just lots of craziness! Having an 8-month-old who can walk is a lot different than having a 14-month-old who can walk. An 8-month-old's intellect is a lot different than a kid just 4-6 months older, so the early mobility meant keeping a much more watchful eye than you may otherwise. Of course, I can only make that statement based on other friend's kids who walked at 12-14 months, but it sure does seem that they had a much easier time than I did.

Can't wait to hear more about Ayla! Keep us updated.
#6 of 13 Old 11-29-2006, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBMama View Post
Yep, Connor's doing almost the same thing (he's 12wks)! It seems ridiculously early, doesn't it? Ds1 wasn't sitting until after 6 months, mostly because he was too busy squirming around to have any interest in staying balanced.

And, I swear, Connor has been trying to army crawl when I put him down for tummy time. : He has the leg motions down perfect, but can't coordinate his arms yet so he ends up pushing himself forward on his face like an inchworm. It makes him really mad...
Ava has been doing the inchworming too, she's only 8 weeks and she can get off her blanket, it's nuts
#7 of 13 Old 12-07-2006, 01:16 PM

Levi has been doing this for a couple of weeks now. It's crazy!
#8 of 13 Old 12-07-2006, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

ayla is getting much better. she is still hunched over and needs to be stablized but she can hold her head up enough to really look around and puts out an arm to support herself. go baby go!!
#9 of 13 Old 12-09-2006, 03:01 PM

My first was sitting unassisted at under 4 months, and had no issues after that. No one believed me until I took a bunch of photographs of her.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#10 of 13 Old 12-09-2006, 05:21 PM

Nadia has only just started this. She is working on her "cruches" but isn't really pulling herself up steady yet.
#11 of 13 Old 12-10-2006, 01:52 AM

My Nonie is 10 weeks today and for the last week or so she has been trying the "crunches" thing too. I hold her legs and support her back a bit and help but I can't believe she is even trying yet!! The most that she achieves on her own is passing a bit of gas in the effort!!! She isn't doing anything inchwormy at all except in bed when she is hungry she kicks her legs a lot and wiggles up in the bed a bit.
#12 of 13 Old 12-30-2006, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvons View Post
Nadia has only just started this. She is working on her "cruches" but isn't really pulling herself up steady yet.
that is funny! that is what we call it too. Gabby can sit up when she is in her bouncy seat. We call it her "ab crunches" LOL
#13 of 13 Old 12-30-2006, 10:00 PM

my baby is only 11 weeks old and he too is trying to sit, and when he's on his belly for the past 3-4 weeks he lifts his head and chest up. I call him super baby!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page