What is your baby like? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-22-2006, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Elisabeth is a very intense and sensitive baby. From day one she has been super alert, looking at everything around her. I swear this is why she doesn't sleep! She appears to get very bored at home, but hates the car so I am hesitant to take her anywhere

She absolutely LOVES books. She will babble on and on when I show her the pictures. It is so cute! We went to the bookstore the other day to get her more because she actually got bored with the ones we have at home!

She HATES baths (see my post in LWAB) so we are going to try a shower next time. She LOVES not having her diaper on. I pump her legs really fast and make a sound like a train and she always smiles. Then I just let her hang out for a few minutes.

She hates tummy time, but the midwife said we have to do it everyday because it helps with their development. She usually only lasts 45 seconds

She sleeps with me at night and dh sleeps in a different room She is the lightest sleeper. If I get up to go to the bathroom, she will wake up screaming. She doesn't nap well, unless she's on me. She always sleeps on her side.

Everyone always comments on how intense and beautiful she is. Of course I think she's beautiful She won't go to anyone but me without crying which means mommy gets no breaks : I've been trying to get her out around more people to get her used to them. We went to a LLL meeting yesterday and she had a blast watching all the little 1 year olds running around!

Well, that's my little Lissy! How about your's????

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#2 of 5 Old 11-22-2006, 04:40 PM

Wow, some of those things sounds EXACTLY like Isa. She is not super intense but can be at times... which is a huge change from the first two months of her life (she was mellllllooooowwww for a while).

Let see... she hates tummy time too, especially if shes even remotely tired.

Not a huge fan of books but absolutely loves to rock in the rocking chair. Loves to be outside, in any form... stroller, sling, in arms, whatever. Not a fan of the swing or the bouncy chair anymore. Too bad for mommy!

Would love to never where a diaper if I let her. THose little legs kick like crazy when she is naked on the changing table.

Good sleeper at night but not a big napper.

All in all, I think she is generally pretty even keel (like her dad) but when she does get mad, she gets really mad (like her grandfather!).
#3 of 5 Old 11-22-2006, 06:27 PM

Ayla is reserved but intense. She gives out the greatest smiles and half laughs but you have got to work for them!! She loves watching her brother play around. She actually likes tummy time, is learning how to sit and I hope soon she will use her hands to play. She doesn't really look at books much but i will open one on the floor for her to look at and shes ok for a few minutes. Only sleeps on her tummy and hates the carseat (which is slllloooowwwlllyyy changeing she fell asleep twice in the past week!!). I am preparing myself for a very wild ride!! Sleeps ok for the most part but also is easily overstimulated and will let you know it!! OMG the screams! : at that point only nursing or the sling will calm her. also very much into what she does and doesn't like. such a big opinion for such a small (ok well not really...) girl!
#4 of 5 Old 11-22-2006, 10:01 PM

Wow! What is with these intense September babies! Sophia is extremely active and alert and just drinking sights and sounds in.

I wouldn't describe her as a happy baby, although she does have her smiley times. She's just....intense!

She has a good nap day about one out of three, and those are great days. Today was not a great nap day. She only got about 3 hours, out of the 6 or 7 that she seems to need. She is a great sleeper at night, once we get her down.

She is VERY easily over-stimulated. This has been hard for her grandparents to accept - that all their ga-ga-ing over her gets to be too much way before they feel like stopping. You cannot "jolly" this baby out of crying. She just has to sleep it off!

As fussy as she can be, I wouldn't trade her for anything. I can tell she is so bright and is going to be such a personality plus little girl as soon as she can express herself better. I can't wait!

We have our first chiropractor visit next week and I'm so excited! I really hope it clears up her poopy problems - she has ultra poop trauma a lot of the time. Mostly I think it's because she's over tired and that makes everything a crisis. But it can't hurt to get adjusted! Dh and I need it badly, too. Carrying a kid around in a sling sure does a number on your back!

High-tech Hippie Mama to Dd1 (9/22/06), Dd2 (2/25/10) and Ds (05/27/2013). I eat Clean, cloth diaper, and spend way too much time online.

#5 of 5 Old 11-23-2006, 02:35 AM

mellow baby boy for me. much, much, much more easygoing than his older brother was. even in utero, i thought this babe would be much more mellow. older brother was very active and seemed very insistent. this little one just seemed to go along with the flow. he loves to look around now, sleeps well during the night (only wakes up to nurse and then goes right back to sleep), naps best during the day in the moby wrap on me, likes riding in the car (but not in stop and go traffic, only on highways), and loves to smile at himself and at me and at daddy in the mirror.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page