Mothering Forum banner

Lullaby's? (sp?)

904 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RainbowsMum 
#1 ·
Huh....i think i spelled that wrong but oh well!!

So i was signing to dear little ayla (first time really since i don't have a great singing voice or the memory!) and I mostly justed hmmed cause i didn't know the words!!

I sang "you are my sunshine" but i only know the first verse and "go to sleep" but i only know like the first 2 lines!! so whats your lullaby's and/or do you know the rest of the words to those??!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Awwwww! I had to hum everything at first, too! And I am a horrible singer. (never thought I was that bad until dh made a comment before we were married
Anyhoo, we do Clementine, Golden Slumbers, Twinkle, Twinkle (which has a ton of verses), Braham's Lullaby, Fais Do-Do (french one), Rock-a-Bye Baby, My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean (probably not a lullaby, but whatever works), You are My Sunshine...and right now my ds's favorite of all that I have to sing at least three times before nap and bed time is Sinead O'Connor's "My Darling Child". I never get tired of that one.

Whenever I don't know the words, I fake them until I can get to the computer. Just "google" the title and lots of choices will come up. I copy and paste them into a Word document to refer to later, until I have them memorized. I'm a geek, I know
, but we sing a LOT around here!

#3 ·
I kind of just drone "Sleeeeeeeepy Tiiiiiiiiime" because anything more interesting doesn't help her calm down and go to sleep!

#4 ·
Haha I have THE WORST voice, "singstar" the game told me I was tone deaf!!
: As I said in another thread that I've found singing helps Arienne fall asleep without too much crying which is fantastic.

I sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", with the other verses "Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Car". Other than that I don't know any other childrens songs. So I just sing her songs I listen too, whatevers playing on the radio or whatever CD I happen to be listening too.... I mainly listen to rock type music and she seems to love it - Although that may just be because I'm singing along to it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.