Mothering Forum banner

Baby Wearing!!

886 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  RainbowsMum 
#1 ·
So I have a MILLION comments on my "moby" (self "made"). Everyone is just well that is a great idea, wish i had that, and such. Course I don't say well.....its been around forever!! But its really cool to tell people that "yeah i made it for 5 bucks and got the info online for free" she sleeps in it, i have mostly hands free when shes in it. shes pretty happy with it and that it doesn't hurt my back to horribly bad even though i have back problems. theres a few people who want to get one for friends/relatives who are expecting but I am not sure how many actually will. anyways i am spreading the word!

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by noteworthy View Post
That's great! What is the website that you got the pattern/i nstructions from?

I would like to try to make one.
most of the sites where from here. i think in one of the diapering threads ??? i just searched for moby or sling directions or something.

i put "made" in quotes cause its just fabric!! 6 yards long 30-45 inches wide. sorta strechty but not to much. wallah!!

also forgot to tell you all that ds tries to put on the wrap!! its soooo funny!! he'll do the little movements that i do to try and wrap it around him and he gets it across his stomach pretty well but not much else.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakotamidnight View Post
I'm jealous - I can't wear my DD at all any more because my back is soo bad. I last maybe 15 minutes with the snugli which is the only carrier I have that she will tolerate.

I do try to carry her as much as possible and snuggle lots to make up for it tho.
:
if she likes a snuggli she'd probably like a wrap as well. they are very cheap to make yourself and incredibly supportive and comfy for the wearer. snugglis/bjorns are pretty mmuch the most uncomfortable carriers out there IMO. just thought i'd throw that out there.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by clovergirl View Post
if she likes a snuggli she'd probably like a wrap as well. they are very cheap to make yourself and incredibly supportive and comfy for the wearer. snugglis/bjorns are pretty mmuch the most uncomfortable carriers out there IMO. just thought i'd throw that out there.

I may have to try one of those - she is getting so heavy that I'm not sure I could carry her anyways with my back. I normally have to spell off with gramma and trade her back and forth.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.