What do you need help with? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-05-2006, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas! I have a little one and one on the way, and am trying to come up with some sort of job since I can't go back to work. I need your input.

My idea is to provide a sort of "secretary" service for moms of newborns. Making appointments, running a few crucial errands, sitting with the babe for 30 minutes while mom showers, etc. I am hoping that I could juggle 5-10 moms at a time. They would pay a monthly fee.

This would be a totally mom pampering service. What do you find you need help with? I just remember being totally overwhelmed, not able to even clip my toe-nails. I'd really appreciate your response.
#2 of 4 Old 12-05-2006, 10:31 PM

hmmm...

i think running errands is a big one.

and showering and what not.

that hr of quiet time/shower/power nap is HUGE.
#3 of 4 Old 12-05-2006, 11:59 PM

wow....you can handle your own and another one!! :

the biggest thing is the small "quick run in the store i just need one thing" problem for me. its ds and baby and me and i HATE it when i have to pull them both out of the car just to grab 4 packs of soda/the sale item at walgreens/whatever.

that and i HATE folding laundry!
#4 of 4 Old 12-06-2006, 04:00 PM

Laundry, cooking & cleaning, either way you could watch baby while mom does it or do it for mom. The 30 min to shower etc.. is great as is the errands.

Another good one would be to entertain older children while mom & baby nap or whatever else.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page