Do you ever think about.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-14-2006, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hannah is 3 months now. I keep thinking that for these past 3 months I have never been so in tune with another person. I have nursed every 1 to 6 hours for the past 3 months! When she was a newborn, I think even before my milk came in, I was like- there is NO way I can do this for an entire year, yet, it's just second nature now. I always know where she is, and 99 percent of the time, that's in the same room as I am! I left her alone with my parents so I could take a bath... for 10 minutes... when she was 5 weeks old. I left her with my SIL for 2 minutes in the truck to go check on something in a store. And I hated both those times. How weird is that?! She'll be with my husband in the evenings or in the weekend mornings... In the living room, while I'm in the kitchen about 10 feet away. I don't know if this is what they refer to as the '4th trimester' but the past 3 months really just flet like a continuation of pregnancy. Something I loved and came almost totally naturally, progressed perfectly, and fits like a glove. I only hope it continues to be this great!

I'm all sentimental apparently

How do ya'all feel at 3 months?
#2 of 5 Old 12-14-2006, 06:15 PM

hehe....: ready for some independence!! since ayla is just barely learning how to sit i am really looking foward to the time when she can play with toys/kitchen stuff and interacting with her brother. shes just at that stage where she isn't a newborn but isn't quite to that play by herself stage that she wants sooo much!

love the little stinker but i am excited for some independence and a back break.
#3 of 5 Old 12-15-2006, 02:13 PM

I remember feeling like Gavin & I were pretty much one person. Where ever I went he went too. Anytime someone would ask if I was taking Gavin with me somewhere it would throw me off because to me we were almost one in the same. Of course he was going with me... It stayed that way untill he was almost 2, maybe too long :

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#4 of 5 Old 12-20-2006, 05:53 PM

Its scary to think Arienne will be 3 months soon.... It feels like only yesterday she was born! Its amazing how intune with her I am, so much so that people won't beleive me when I say shes about to get upset or whatever. Unfortunatly my back is getting worse and worse but I still carry her everywhere. I have left her a few times with my Mother while we've been shopping and I've taken my sisters (ones almost 6 And the others 3) and even then I wasn't far away. I'm looking forward to being able to put her down long enough to clean the clutter in my lounge : and so I can wrap all the xmas presants!
#5 of 5 Old 12-22-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhoneyswife View Post
I only hope it continues to be this great!
I totally felt that way with Piper. I actually really, really miss that with her. I called her my sidekick, and there wasn't anyone that I wanted to be with more. It was like a honeymoon all the time. We were like that for the first year. Starting around this time they begin to become independent slowly but surely. Lily and I are having our honeymoon now. It's groovy. But it won't ever be the same as it was with P. (she didn't have to compete with an older sister. )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page