Is it possible??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-20-2006, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know it's entirely possible, but I don't think I'd even be close to being ready yet. My dh and I weren't completely careful when we started up after the baby was born. I'm a little worried that I might be pregnant again. I only think this because I'm feeling like I"m starting my period. I've been feeling this for the last couple days, and that's what it was like a few days before I got my with this last one. I don't have the money to go out and buy a test till the end of the month. Hopefully it's just phantom pains because this is when I'd normally have my period or something.

I guess I don't really have a question other than do you think it's probable for me to be pregnant again? I'm freaking out a little.
#2 of 8 Old 12-20-2006, 03:17 AM

unlikely but possible, yes. also, returning fertility can sometimes feel like early, early, early pregnancy signs. when did your monthly cycles come back after your first baby?

thinking of you and wishing you a peaceful end of the year and a new year filled with lots of happiness and joy...

~claudia
#3 of 8 Old 12-20-2006, 06:25 PM

Hi, mama-
Yes- it's definitely possible... I felt like my midwife raised her eyebrow a little bit when I told her we were using natural family planning for birth control. (And according to that, most women don't even have to track their temps, cervical fluid, etc...if they are breastfeeding exclusively for 6 months.) It took 18 months for my period to return after DS, but I've felt crampy lately and can't believe that it might be returning as soon as this. Guess it may be different every time?

You'll be in my thoughts and I too wish you all the best

J - Birth doula and *very* grateful mama to bouncy Q, fancy F, and mighty F!

#4 of 8 Old 12-20-2006, 07:39 PM

Like the others have said, yes it is possible, but not too likely. Well actually when did your cycles return after DS1? If they came back early it is likely it came early again this time. Average is 15 months before they come back, but mine was only 9 months last time & Rhys nurses less than Gavin did & sleeps better at night, so we are being VERY careful as I expect my cylcles to return quite early this time.

Keep us updated!! You'll be in my thoughts

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#5 of 8 Old 12-22-2006, 01:50 AM

It is possible! Our #2 happened that way... granted not when #1 was 3 months but I never got a period between them. s
#6 of 8 Old 12-22-2006, 11:35 AM

i had a dream a few nights ago that i got a positive on pg test.....it was more like a nightmare!!

but yes its possible....ever heard of irish twins? i am hoping you get the right answer whatever that may be!
#7 of 8 Old 12-30-2006, 07:49 PM

I'm so glad you posted this cause I am actually feeling the same way. My "signs" though are nausea and heartburn, but my dr insisted I get a flu shot because of my asthma. I hope that is all it is, but I feel like I don't have many options for bc except seperate beds.... LOL

anyone have ideas? what do you do?
#8 of 8 Old 01-03-2007, 03:59 AM

I was feeling sick and dizzy for a few days, but i figure it is just lack of iron,lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page