Am I out of my mind! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 01-02-2007, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I already want another dc! does anyone else who gave birth to #1 in sept want another already?

Trying to with SO my dd3 my ds 2 dss 7 dss 8 and 2 chinese creasted's
#2 of 24 Old 01-02-2007, 07:16 PM

We've been talking about another one over here, but we're not ready just yet. Still, it's a popular topic of conversation, and something I think about a lot!

Happy mama to L (Sept '06), R (Apr '08), R (Apr '10), and G (Mar '12)! - Homemade , Home birthed , Home schooled , Home grown

#3 of 24 Old 01-02-2007, 07:48 PM

90% of me does. But the logical 10% of me is glad my fertility (probably) hasn't returned!
#4 of 24 Old 01-02-2007, 08:01 PM

Dh said to me last night, after looking lovingly at our dd... I would like to have a boy... and name him Bear...LOL

I don't think we are anywhere near ready yet but it's nice to know that he enjoys having babies with me!

I'm so scared of when AF will return, I still can't bring myself around to even risk it if you KWIM?
#5 of 24 Old 01-03-2007, 12:19 AM

So glad I'm not the only one! Being a mom is such a high for me - give me more of this!

It's probably not in the cards for me, due to my age and that my dp really wants to stop with one, but I'm not getting rid of my maternity clothes just in case.

Erin
#6 of 24 Old 01-03-2007, 03:25 AM

I do... not sure about right now but I do want one more. I don't think it will happen but DH still hasn't even made a consult appt with the "snip snip" Dr so I'm halfway crossing my fingers that we get an "oops" here eventually... of course that would actually mean we'd have to BD a lot more than we are now...
#7 of 24 Old 01-03-2007, 03:48 AM

Im dreaming of more babies already, but im going to wait so they are at least 18 months apart, lol, maybe more. I defiently want at least 2 more though.
#8 of 24 Old 01-03-2007, 03:56 AM

I wanted to get pregnant again right away. It was partly due to the fact that I was mourning the last month of my firsy prenancy (dd came early and not through the homebirth that I had planned). Still, I have wanted to get pregnant ever since, ideally after dd was 12mth. She is now 15mth and we are trying, no luck yet. I want to have at least 2 more, although I am torn about spacing.
#9 of 24 Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 PM

I can completely relate- after having my first baby, I was already thinking about #2 just weeks after our birth. (Looking at sibling books, etc...) I think it was because I loved being pregnant so much and I found birth to be the most empowering and magical experience of my life. AF didn't return for me until DS was 17 months old and we were pregnant with DD just a few months later...without trying, but secretly hoping I haven't been "craving" another baby as much this time around, but both DH and I hope that we will one day have a third. But not for some time...I'm not sure I could manage 3 kids under 3 1/2 yrs old.

J - Birth doula and *very* grateful mama to bouncy Q, fancy F, and mighty F!

#10 of 24 Old 01-05-2007, 12:43 PM

I wanted #3 very shortly after #2 was out. But we are definitely not having anymore. I was on the fence until I watched An Inconvenient Truth...but now I know I won't have more kids.
#11 of 24 Old 01-05-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpolzin View Post
I wanted #3 very shortly after #2 was out. But we are definitely not having anymore. I was on the fence until I watched An Inconvenient Truth...but now I know I won't have more kids.
Can you give me more information on this? I'm not familiar with it in terms of how it relates to having kids...(overpopulation?) I know that Gore focuses on global warming, etc...but never had a chance to see the movie. Thanks!

J - Birth doula and *very* grateful mama to bouncy Q, fancy F, and mighty F!

#12 of 24 Old 01-05-2007, 07:31 PM

I was totally thinking about #2 shortly after dd was born. Like pp said, it was empowering and I have never been so proud of my body. I still can't believe I created something so perfect and I had an awesome pregnancy and easy labor. I'm sure that has something to do with it. I had an IUD put in about a month ago. We are wanting to wait until early '08 because we are moving in the fall. I didn't want to move pregnant. I was useless for the most part while pregnant... healthy but useless. Dh and I were giggling about getting pregnant again when we were first able to be intimate after dd was born. Ok, so I was mostly giggling and he was happy that I was able to be intimate again.
#13 of 24 Old 01-06-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpolzin View Post
What is An Inconvenient Truth?
#14 of 24 Old 01-09-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinbearzmama View Post
Can you give me more information on this? I'm not familiar with it in terms of how it relates to having kids...(overpopulation?) I know that Gore focuses on global warming, etc...but never had a chance to see the movie. Thanks!
Yes, it's an overpopulation thing. Gore only touched on the issue in his film, but I learned enough to know that I don't want more kids.
#15 of 24 Old 01-09-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noteworthy View Post
What is An Inconvenient Truth?
It's Al Gore's documentary on global warming. A MUST SEE!

Check out www.climatecrisis.net for more info.
#16 of 24 Old 01-10-2007, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

: so still no period. but im afraid to test. im scared that i will be right but at the same time i don't want to be wrong. im scared that when i take it it will be wrong the first time but i will be pg. i kmowm i don't make sence.
the truth is i would love to be pg again but right now we really cant afford another one. we are living wth my inlaws right now and have been since dd was 2 mo. it will be even longer before we move out now if we have another. plus im scared how i will be able to handel very little ones.

#17 of 24 Old 01-10-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBravo View Post
: so still no period. but im afraid to test. im scared that i will be right but at the same time i don't want to be wrong. im scared that when i take it it will be wrong the first time but i will be pg. i kmowm i don't make sence.
the truth is i would love to be pg again but right now we really cant afford another one. we are living wth my inlaws right now and have been since dd was 2 mo. it will be even longer before we move out now if we have another. plus im scared how i will be able to handel very little ones.
Are you breastfeeding? If you are, I doubt you are pregnant. But, it's not impossible of course. And if you are, I know you'll find a way to make it work. Both my pregnancies were unplanned, but we made it work.
#18 of 24 Old 01-10-2007, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

yep im breast feeding but this would also be my 3rd period since i had dd. my first came back when she was 6 weeks. my sister and i are 14 mo apart and my brothers are 8!

#19 of 24 Old 01-10-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
yep im breast feeding but this would also be my 3rd period since i had dd. my first came back when she was 6 weeks. my sister and i are 14 mo apart and my brothers are 8!
Oh, well, then that changes things! Well, I hope when you test, you get the result you want.
#20 of 24 Old 01-11-2007, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

well i tested today and it said no, but when i was pg with dd i didnt get a positive test til i was like 10 or 12 weeks already. and i tested plenty of times with$tree tests 1st responce true view and finally a walmart brand test. so i am going to wait another week cause still no period. i just want to know yes or no. the only thing right now that will convince me right now that im not is my period.

#21 of 24 Old 01-12-2007, 12:25 AM

The hubby and I have been talking about it, but we are waiting until Levi is 3 or 4 years old until we have another.
#22 of 24 Old 01-12-2007, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

well shes here finally!

#23 of 24 Old 01-12-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
well shes here finally!
Yay!
#24 of 24 Old 01-27-2007, 10:22 PM

I really want another baby too. We are planning on moving OOS though and we'll have to wait until then, but I'm so anxious! I just love the whole experience I'd pop out 10 if I could!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page