Expecting a little one - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-16-2007, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found out last night that I am expecting my second little pride and joy. I do not know if I should be excited or nervous. I have a 4 month old and I am nervous about having them so close together. I feel so guilty because I feel like I did not get to give my oldest son enough time to be the "baby". Has anyone else on here been in the same boat I'm in now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-17-2007, 02:37 AM

wow!! congrats but wow! i can honestly say that it will be hard. mine are 2 years apart and i find it challenging. of course with them being so close they will practically develop at the same time. i hope someone can give you some more advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairstylist View Post
I just found out last night that I am expecting my second little pride and joy. I do not know if I should be excited or nervous. I have a 4 month old and I am nervous about having them so close together. I feel so guilty because I feel like I did not get to give my oldest son enough time to be the "baby". Has anyone else on here been in the same boat I'm in now?
#3 of 7 Old 01-17-2007, 09:13 PM

Congratulations! Must be meant to be. Remember, there are 9 months to baby your baby before the new one arrives on the scene.
Also, a friend of mine has her two kids 13 months apart and they are so close with each other. . like twins.
#4 of 7 Old 01-18-2007, 11:17 PM

Congrats! My older two are 16 months apart and while the younger years were more challanging they are own best playmates.
#5 of 7 Old 01-19-2007, 05:13 PM

Congratulations, mama! I'm a big believer of only being given what you can handle and that everything happens for a reason. My brother and I are 13 months apart and my mom said she believes it was easier than the spacing that I have with my kids (2 1/2 years). Enjoy your pregnancy and I agree with the pp- you have 9 more months to enjoy your first baby- and will obviously continue to enjoy lots of babyhood beyond that.

J - Birth doula and *very* grateful mama to bouncy Q, fancy F, and mighty F!

#6 of 7 Old 01-20-2007, 04:31 PM

I got pregnant with Xan only 6 or 7 weeks after my first son Jericho was born. I don't have experience with two children that close together, but I do have experience with pregnancy and I gotta say TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. This pregnancy will be harder. Get high quality supplements and don't put yourself on bedrest, you need to work harder this time than you will in your last pregnancies.

Congratulations!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#7 of 7 Old 01-23-2007, 11:20 PM

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I think that some of us other September mommies will be living through you vicariously!!!! I would love to have another right away but plan to move and I don't want to be preg while moving!!! Yippie for you!!!!!: : :

When is your due date??? Keep us posted even though you will be on another group for this one!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page