Symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 01-30-2006, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anybody else got anything going on? My boobs are killing me!
#2 of 32 Old 01-30-2006, 03:17 PM

Starving, sleepy and weepy.... that's all so far. Awaiting Morning sickness to hit me with it's iron fist. I'm probably one of the few people in the world that welcome it... just so I know everything's going alright. Still very nervous...

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#3 of 32 Old 01-30-2006, 05:58 PM

Heartburn. Lots and lots of heartburn.

Other than that, I'm not feeling very knocked up at all.
#4 of 32 Old 01-31-2006, 02:41 AM

boobs hurt-mainly nipples, so sore!
I have felt a little queasy. tired, moody, weepy
#5 of 32 Old 01-31-2006, 03:07 AM

Off and on queasy (mostly off so far, thankfully) and rather moody, but not much else so far. But I'm only 4 weeks today... so I'm sure more will show up.

IntactaLactavist, HomeBirthin' Baby Wearin' Co-sleepin' Homeschoolin', City girl gone Country Livin' SAH(HSing)M

#6 of 32 Old 01-31-2006, 08:44 AM

Oh dear, I do believe the first of morning sickness has hit me this morning.... the waves of nausea are not too bad yet but sure it will get worse.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#7 of 32 Old 01-31-2006, 08:39 PM

Sleepy and occasionally queasy in the very early morning hours. Not much else though.
#8 of 32 Old 01-31-2006, 08:44 PM

sadly, the queasiness has already hit me. it's my fault though. i've been lazy about fixing breakfast.

also, my nipples are ridiculously tingly. it's almost a prickly sensation, the same feeling i used to get with letdown when i first started nursing my son. very strange!
#9 of 32 Old 01-31-2006, 09:54 PM

I think that queasiness is on the way for me as well (crossing my fingers hoping that it's not though!!). I gagged this morning pretty badly while trying to choke down some liquid calcium/magnesium as I've been having horrible cramps for the last 2 1/2 weeks. My nipples have become extraordinarily sore as well.

I've also been having jabs of pain kind of all over around my pubic bone as well. Growing pains I'm assuming. I'm probably be unlucky and have horrendous ligament pain the whole time.

I'm starving as well. Can't.stop.eating.
#10 of 32 Old 01-31-2006, 11:30 PM

Just a +++ test.
#11 of 32 Old 02-01-2006, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

Yep, yep. Nausea beginning. Am up fighting it tonight after eating some salmon (usually one of my favorite things) - I don't want to look at that again for a LONG time!
#12 of 32 Old 02-01-2006, 12:04 PM

I am pretty queasy. It is like I am on a boat all day or a merry go round. At least I am not :vomit
I also get pretty tired around mid afternoon. Very Tired!
#13 of 32 Old 02-01-2006, 12:19 PM

Nope! Feels just like with DS -- no symptoms, no nausea. Well, maybe slightly tender breasts. I hope it stays this way.
#14 of 32 Old 02-01-2006, 04:45 PM

Really tired and moody.
#15 of 32 Old 02-04-2006, 04:32 PM

feeling slightly quezy (sp?) off and on
very sore breasts
moody as he**
I haven't thrown up yet and I actually wish that I would so I wouldn't worry so much.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#16 of 32 Old 02-04-2006, 08:06 PM

I am soooooo tired and super hungry! I can't remember being this tired with my other babies.
#17 of 32 Old 02-05-2006, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Slightly nauseous (I'm having a hard time convincing myself it's actually related - i didn't have any m/s for another few weeks last time around). Minor little twinges and cramps. I feel like I turned into a pee machine overnight Maybe a bit more tired than normal.

Really, if I wasn't looking for symptoms, I doubt I'd notice any of these.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#18 of 32 Old 02-05-2006, 06:59 PM

Oh, and pregnancy brain. I've been so forgetful today that it's ridiculous.

#19 of 32 Old 02-06-2006, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelotmom
Oh, and pregnancy brain. I've been so forgetful today that it's ridiculous.

definitely! Boobs sore with that letdown feeling in the morning, some uterine stretching & pulling going on. Slight nausea, but didn't get that too much last time either. really sleepy later in the day, insomnia at night.
#20 of 32 Old 02-07-2006, 08:29 PM

I'm five weeks pregnant, and aside from extreme tiredness, asymptomatic. I has a lot of morning sickness during my first pregnancy, but that didn't start until week 6/7. My two year old daughter still nurses, and my breasts don't hurt at all. I didn't really have any sore nipples when I was pregnant with my daughter, but I thought that since I was nursing now, I would feel something. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to relax, but I really want this pregnancy!
#21 of 32 Old 02-07-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama
I haven't thrown up yet and I actually wish that I would so I wouldn't worry so much.
Amen, sister!

Biggest symptom is that I have never craved sleep so much in all my life.
#22 of 32 Old 02-08-2006, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_milky
My two year old daughter still nurses, and my breasts don't hurt at all. I didn't really have any sore nipples when I was pregnant with my daughter, but I thought that since I was nursing now, I would feel something. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to relax, but I really want this pregnancy!
I'm nursing a 2.5 year old, and mine aren't hurting yet either. I can't remember whether they hurt last time or not - probably not if I can't remember

#23 of 32 Old 02-08-2006, 09:56 PM

I have moved into terrible morning sickness...actually all day sickness. I cannot eat, drink or smell anything without getting a knot in my tummy and a lump in my throat and those internal shakes (for me those are signs of vomiting). I have been so miserable the past week or so and it seems to just be getting worse every day. I tried to find some ginger chews or candied ginger as the tea is not working and I couldnt find anything that looked like anything I wanted to eat. With one of my other pregnancies I was way more sick than this and with the other less than this. so this one has hit right in the middle. I just hope this time it doesnt last until 4 months...or longer.
#24 of 32 Old 02-09-2006, 09:41 PM

Thanks ocelotmom! It's great to hear that other nursing moms also can go pain-free. I has many weeks of ouchiness when my daughter was born (My comeupance for having a super supportive, former LLL leader mom was super ouchy boobs!). My theory is that my nipples had enough ouchiness for a lifetime during my daughter's first 8 weeks!
#25 of 32 Old 02-10-2006, 02:24 AM

My first 8 weeks or so of nursing were tough, too. No identifiable problem, but lots of pain.

Symptoms update: still peeing a ton. The nausea has cleared up, though I might be having some slight food aversions. I'm taking the time before morning sickness hits (assuming it does) to try to eat consciously. I'm tired, but I'm not sure how much of that has to do with dealing with a toddler who either refuses to nap, or naps late and then stays up till midnight. I don't really feel unusually tired, but I'm falling asleep earlier than usual. Insomnia, which isn't helping the tiredness any. My boobs are bigger - I'm having a bit of a tough time fastening the flap on my nursing bra. Less cramps and twinges, but I felt a bit of what I really hope isn't SPD pain (which was a problem last time) a few days ago.

#26 of 32 Old 02-10-2006, 03:43 AM

I'm just into my 6th week. I'm very sensitive to smells that make me nauseated, but no throwing up so far. I 'shrieked' for lack of a better word at my DH when I felt upset. I mean a really loud shriek which I don't do, so I'm assuming its hormones. My pants are very uncomfortable zipped up, I can't believe what my tummy's doing already, I feel fat and won't be able to hide it very long if this continues. My boobs are achin' (actually more so my nipples). Yesterday I started having to pee much more frequently. And it's ALL good. I'm grateful for every last symptom .
#27 of 32 Old 02-11-2006, 03:27 PM

Oh my. Is it possible for me to have symptoms so early? I've never found out so early before, and seems like in the past as soon as I saw that + I started puking, lol. I am sooooooooo sleepy. My nips are very tender, and I am already feeling a bit yarky. I just gagged a few minutes ago. Seriously, this is crazy. I got a BFP yesterday afternoon after I'd peed several times already. I poas and after i capped it, but before I even set it down so I could wipe it was ++++. I have some MAJOR hormones going on! I am only 13 dpo!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#28 of 32 Old 02-11-2006, 05:41 PM

Just soooo tired. I didn't get any m/s until about 7 weeks with ds and I'm only 5 1/2 now - so we'll see . . . just feeling a little *different* at this point and having weird/vivid dreams. I had a couple even before so I kind of knew I was pg.
#29 of 32 Old 02-11-2006, 09:27 PM

i am really tired, but that's it so far. oh wait, i'm also very very bloated.

i'm still nursing my 16 month old and my nipples aren't bothering me yet. they were very very sore for a few days right around ovulation but have gotten better. she seems to be not as interested in nursing though, so i wonder if that is due to pregnancy.

my first time my morning sickness started at about 6 weeks and my second time i felt the first twinges right at 4 weeks. i'll be 4 weeks on monday so i guess we'll see.

i have high hopes that i will escape it this time around but that is probably just a ridiculous dream.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#30 of 32 Old 02-11-2006, 11:04 PM

Hi everyone!

This is my first post as a newly pregnant mama! I've got a 21 month old DD who still nurses three or four times a day. I'm waiting too for the pain part to set in, but so far it hasn't. The first 7 weeks of her life were very painful with nursing, so maybe I've already paid my dues and I'll get to nurse pain-free during this pregnancy.

My due date is October 21st so I'm just about 4 weeks. No morning sickness yet . . . but I'm waiting. With DD it lasted into my 6th month and it was pretty bad (constant nausea). At this point I'm just peeing a lot and I have a really, really strong sense of smell. Oh, yeah, and I can't get enough avocados and pickles. I must eat these daily. Yummy! Last time I think the morning sickness started around week 4 or 5. I am getting on a plane on Tuesday with my daughter. We'll be gone for 9 days. I'm afraid it will kick in on our trip home. She's riding on my lap for 6 hours each way. Should be quite interesting . . . not sure if there will be enough room in the lavatory for one puking mama and a restless toddler! Wish us luck!

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the boob fairy to arrive. Last time around, she bestowed her bounty on me at about 5 weeks. It was like I went to sleep one night as a size B and woke up the next day as a size D! I wonder what it will be like this time since DD still nurses -- will they get as big? Or even bigger? She'd love that, I'm sure!

Anyway, looking forward to going on the journey with all of you too! Isn't October a wonderful month?! I can't wait!

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page