February Chat for Oct Mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-07-2006, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is the February chat thread for the October DDC. We have a roll call page but no place to check in. I figure that we can start a new one every month. I thought this would be a good place to come for support, to chat, and to get to know eachother.

I will start with all the mamas that have checked in on the roll call page.
If you would like to be added or removed just let me know.

October 2nd

crazyknitter
I am due 10/02. However I will plan a c-sec earlier (not sure how much earlier) due to my baby dying just before birth last year. So I am lurking in both here & sept ddc. Not sure where I belong
(I am also hiding from IRL from freinds & family)
I have 2 other children. One born in the fall, the other in the summer.

October 3rd

Shanna
Due Date; October 3rd
Other kidletse lost a baby in December at 6 weeks, so this will be our first child.

October 5th

Jeri
age - 25
Due date - 10/05/06
Other children - One little boy, Elijah 2 years old born 9/29/03

October 6th

Greeniegreen (I'm hiding my identity from nosey friends on here that don't know I'm pregnant yet- yikes!)
Due date: 10/06/06 or 10/16/06 (using 2 different rules)
This is our first baby!!! It'll be an interesting journey as I'm an experienced midwife as well.

October 7th

Natalya
Age 24
Due October 7
This is my first

Kate
Due date: 10-07-06
Other children
SuperGlue - DD (5/18/00)
Firecracker - DD (3/29/04)
LittleMan - DS (10/10/05)

Alison
Due Date: October 7, 2006
Other Children: This is our first!

Katie
Due date: 10/7
Other children: Miriam, 15 months 10/24/04

October 9th

Tori
Due date: 10-09-06
Other children: my darling daughter 03-10-04

Amy
Due 10/9
Age 30
DD Lucy born at home 7/4/04

Ashley
Age 32
Due date October 9
Other children Andrew (10) Austin (7) and Alex (2)

Nadine
Due date: Oct.9/06
Other children: 3 girls ages 9, 5 and 3

October 10th

Nicole
Age 30
Due date Oct 10
Other children: Walker 5/27/02, Caden 4/17/04, sam (m/c 9/8/05), planning a home water birth with the same midwife that we have always had.

October 13th

Tiffany
EDD: Friday, October 13th!
Children: Silas - 10/21/2002

Alexa
Due 10/13
Age 37
DD Thea born 3/18/02

October 23 rd

Chrissy
Due date: October 23
Other children: Noah who's 4 and Lilah who's 16 months

We're planning to have this babe at home with the same midwife who assisted at Lilah's birth.

October ??? Due dates

andrea
end of sept, beginning of october
rowan, 3.5 born at home

Julie
Due Date:??? Early October sometime
Other Children: Adam 10-17-02

Jessica
Due mid-October
Age 26
DS Leif born 6/29/03

littleteapot
Planning a UBAC for baby #3. Due late Sept/Early Oct., but I seriously doubt I'll go early so I better join both DDC's.
I don't have an official due date, 1/ because I don't believe in them and 2/ because I honestly don't know when I'm due exactly.
Baby #1, DD Tempest at 30 months, was born naturally with midwife.
Baby #2 was a UP, and originally planned UC. I went into labour early (34 weeks) and felt compelled to go to the hospital, so I did. Unnecessary emergency c-section due to being breech. Jericho died 15 minutes after birth in his father's arms.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2006, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

I figured i would start the first post. I am 5 wks today. I am so excited but nervous as well. I have been pretty nausous but yesterday and today I feel fine. Can't wait to get to know all of you ladies!!

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 02-07-2006, 06:59 PM

Hiya all, I'm Jeri.... 5weeks5days today and just had my first appointment today. Went very well and will be having an ultrasound on the 20th... excited to see my little bean. My new doctor is very supportive of VBACs so I'm very happy with her. Can't wait to get to know you all better.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
Old 02-07-2006, 11:52 PM

So, what do you ladies love to do when you have some quiet time?

My obsession right now is crocheting a blanket, hat, and sweater for the baby in my belly. I hope to have it finished quite early so I don't have to worry about it.

I love to read, but haven't been doing as much as I would like. However, I did read Of Mice and Men in one day about a week ago. What a great read (SO fast). My next book is The Aenid. SUCH a big difference. I haven't been able to start yet, but hope to get into it soon.

And basically the rest of my time is slit between DD and anything else I'm interested in at a given moment (mostly research most of the time). I'm sure there's lots more I could blab about, but I don't want this to turn into a runaway post!

IntactaLactavist, HomeBirthin' Baby Wearin' Co-sleepin' Homeschoolin', City girl gone Country Livin' SAH(HSing)M

Old 02-08-2006, 10:50 AM

free time.... LOL, that's funny. Between my step-kids, my 2 year old, my one year old neice I watch during the day and sleeping whenever I get the chance... I have no free time. So I guess I should say sleeping... that's all I ever do anymore. I've just been sooooooo tired. I don't remember this with my son, but I'll take it over the nausea I had with him anyday, lol.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
Old 02-08-2006, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Free time? I don't really have any either. My boys are 21 mo and 3 3/4. I nanny 2 girls part time. They are almost 7 and 10. I have been watching them 6 years and they are like siblings to my children. They even got to be at ds #2's water birth. I own my own business that rents children's equipment to people who are traveling to where we live. So I spend a lot of time organizing, cleaning, sterilizing, picking up and delivering. Most of that I do while my boys are in tow. I am also taking 1 masters class 1 evening a week. If I am lucky enough that both boys sleep at the same time then I nap. I have been really tired lately.
If I have any time I would love to scrapbook. I am almost done with ds #2's 1 year and would like to do some family albums before the baby is born.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:30 PM

free time?? heh heh heh...

this is making me nuts... apparently i am fine in the AM and then i start to feel yucky right around 2 o'clock, i fall down on the couch and need to sleep (while may son destroys the house) and then i have to figure out how to make dinner when i feel like puking everywhere. last time we were a childless couple and we lived in the city and so, i didn't feel like cooking we just went out for a little bite around the corner.

now i'm a mommy and we live in the country (no "around the corner" 'cept cows!) and i usually have to fingure something out for dinner, no matter what... ugh. hate that.

i think the slowcooker is going to become my best friend!!

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

Old 02-08-2006, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

honeybeedreams- I find that if I do a meal plan by the week or month then I already know what I am going to cook that evening. I can do all the prep in the morning when the kiddos are in a better mood and don't need as much attention. Then when dinner comes I just pop it in the oven. Also, a freezer full of frozen whatever wouldn't be so bad either.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:02 PM

I watch my 2 year old niece during the day most days, and also my 3 year old son. So that keeps me VERY busy. I also sell one ebay. I do like to read if I get spare time.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama
I am also taking 1 masters class 1 evening a week.
What Master program are you working on?? I would definitely consider that something for "free time". I wish we could afford for me to go back for some Masters work!!!! *sigh* I am, however, happy to be a SAHM now, so I'm not going to wish too hard because I prefer taking care of our girl (and new baby soonish) to working away from her!!!

Wow... I feel pretty lucky. It seems I have a lot more time (until the new babe comes) than most of you busy ladies! My DD is SO good at entertaining herself and I quit babysitting before I knew I was preggie. So we have totally been enjoying our quiet cozy home since the extra babies are no longer. hahahaha I feel for you ladies with the extra babies (except maybe for the mama with the kiddos she's watched for 6 years... probably would be weird without them!).

anyway... it's really nice to get to know you all a little.

IntactaLactavist, HomeBirthin' Baby Wearin' Co-sleepin' Homeschoolin', City girl gone Country Livin' SAH(HSing)M

Old 02-10-2006, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

I am taking collaboration for inclusion. It will go to my dual license (special ed, reg ed ) degree. I take 1 class per semester (when i am not expecting) and it makes me feel like a grown up 1 night a week for 2 1/2 hrs

Yes, I would definately feel strange w/out the girls in our life. I know that it will happen eventually as they are getting older and don't need me as much as they used to. I certainly don't look forward to that though.

I went to the clinic today bcs I have to have proof of pg for medicaid. I went last fri. at 17dpo and the test was bfn. Today at 24dpo I got a bfp. I feel a bit better but don't think i will be able to relax for a while.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:55 PM

just checking in.

i love to knit and am working on a sweater for my son and some longies for a friend's baby right now. also i like to run, but usually i do that with both kiddos in the double jogger.

i think i'll call my midwife on monday. i kind of think she won't need to see me until 12 weeks or so. i'm looking forward to seeing her again and sharing another pregnancy and birth with her!

is anybody having flashes of "what the heck were we thinking?" i am 99% thrilled but there is this tiny 1% of me that is wondering how on earth i will actually care for 3 young children.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 02-11-2006, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter

I am also expecting my 3rd. I am not having any "flashes" right now as i had those already this summer. I think I worked through all of that and was very ready for a third. Then we had a m/c and now I am so busy being worried that this baby isn't going to make it that I haven't had much time to worry about what will happen when it does

We also won't see our midwife until about 12 wks. We already have an appt. set for March 24th.

Old 02-11-2006, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

Chrissy - Would you like me to add you to the first post? If so just let me know what you want or if you want me to just paste it from the roll call post.

Old 02-11-2006, 03:34 AM

Free time? Although I dont have any kids yet (and I must say, I am completely amazed with how much most of you juggle at one time) I havent had much free time in quite a while. I am still going to law school full time and working on my MBA, plus working two jobs. Now, whenever I can steal a couple minutes from the rest of my crazy life, all I want to do is take naps. I am 6 weeks today, and although completely blessed with having no morning sickness, I have never been so tired in my entire life.

Hope everyone is doing great and am looking forward to learning some wisdom from from all of you!
Old 02-11-2006, 10:41 PM

nicole, i'm sorry for your loss. sure you can add me to the first post. i'm due 10/23, i have 2 other kiddos- noah is 4 and lilah is 16 mos, and we're planning a homebirth.

hatawa, wow woman, you are busy! where are you going to school?

Old 02-12-2006, 06:05 AM

Please add me to the list.

Wow! Busy women! If I have free time, I read (usually in the bubble bath) after Will is asleep, and nap when he does. I am already SO SO tired at 4 weeks!

I also have the "I am so excited, but how on earth will I care for 2?" feelings.

I can't believe how much everyone is able to juggle! I am excited to get to know all you ladies!
Old 02-12-2006, 12:21 PM

Wow, you mamas sound busy!! Law school, working and pg, Hatawa?!?!? WOW!!

I, too am having the "am I crazy for thinking I can handle 2?!?!?" I know it will pass and I'm definitely happy with this decicion. I think its just being so tired. I started yoga again yesterday and I'm really sore, but I think it will help me a lot in the long run - its such a great de-stresser.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:14 PM

hi! i'm tabitha, due in mid october.

i have two others, a 3 1/2 yr old boy & a 19 month old girl.

this will be our first unassisted homebirth. we are very excited!

i am 5 weeks, so early, but already feeling the smell-aversion i always get. last time i ended up in the hospital with hyperemesis, so i really hope to keep a handle on this.

we live on a small family farm, so this pregnancy will be all work and no play. gardening, milking (our cow will calve soon!) and building a barn...

i have already begun knitting for newbaby.

nice to meet everyone!
tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
Old 02-13-2006, 01:34 PM

hi everyone!!

Im Sophie, 22, and My self-due-date is October 19th (going to the doctor on Friday). Ive been married for 7 months to Jaime and this is our 1st baby!

I work full time as a Nanny and work part time at the local paper. I plan on Cloth Diapering my baby (already started my stach) and using a sling... I love to scrapbook and already started my album for the baby! hehe

Ive been sick all last week with the flu and I still have a cough going on so Im not sure if Im really havign an symptoms yet! Not that I mind
Old 02-13-2006, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Would someone be willing to take over this thread? We lost our little one this morning so I am heading back over to ttc after a loss. Good luck to all of you oct mamas!

Old 02-13-2006, 06:27 PM

oh mama. i am so sorry. thinking of you!

i am brand new, but i would take over the list of you would tell me how. unless someone else already knows what to do.

tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
Old 02-13-2006, 07:00 PM

nicole, i am so sorry!!

Old 02-13-2006, 08:52 PM

here is a new chat thread, just to have a new start. i am so sorry, nicole.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...68#post4613268

Old 02-13-2006, 09:07 PM

Nicole!! I'm so sorry.

User Tag List