Any gender predictions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have an inclination as to what gender they're having?

Also, mamas of more than one, did you get a feeling as to whether your previous ones were boys or girls? And, if so, were you right?

Thanks for taking my mind off of my morning (all day) sickness for a while
#2 of 25 Old 02-20-2006, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

I knew both my boys were boys! Everyone said DS#2 was a girl, but I knew in my heart that my son was getting a little brother.

This time I'm thinking it's a girl, although that's probably wishful thinking. Don't get me wrong, I adore my boys! But this is probably our last baby and it would be nice to have more estrogen around the house

On the other hand, there's something really cute about having three boys... Busy, but cute!
#3 of 25 Old 02-20-2006, 11:15 AM

I always assumed that I would automatically think "girl" - especially with my first since I am the oldest and obviously female. However I surprised myself when I started to call the baby "he" right off the bat! Maybe its because my SIL had a boy in July? Either way, I'll be happy! Although my husband does say his dad would be happy to carry on the last name, so he's hoping for a boy...I think that's a little strange. I just want the baby to be happy and healthy! .
#4 of 25 Old 02-20-2006, 02:21 PM

I was completely sure my first was a boy. Nope, she is WONDERFUL and the minute I checked her parts I couldn't have been (and BE) happier with her if she was a boy.

That all said... based on when we did the deed to get this pregnancy and when I was going to ovulate... I think this baby is a girl. Mostly just because we did the deed to get DD WHEN I ovulated... this time it was a couple/few days before. So, the likelihood seems much greater for a girl since female sperm are more long-lived and generally stronger. Also, DH was on an aegis ship, which means his male sperms could be incapeable of making babies. I would be VERY sad if this was the case because I hope to have at least two boys (I've always just had that in my head). But we will find joy in any and all the children we may have, I'm certain!

I'm totally interested in others' feelings and ideas on this! Such a great topic!

IntactaLactavist, HomeBirthin' Baby Wearin' Co-sleepin' Homeschoolin', City girl gone Country Livin' SAH(HSing)M

#5 of 25 Old 02-20-2006, 02:39 PM

I have many requests for a girl (no great-granddaughters or grandaughters on my side) - um, I'll get right on that!!

Last time I was about 55% for girl, but really only because there hadn't been any baby girls in the family for a while. I think in my heart I knew he was a boy, though, and lo and behold!! (And I couldn't be happier!!)

So, despite the requests I think it may be another boy - I'm not sure why I think that, though.

I am going to find out with my u/s - anyone else?
#6 of 25 Old 02-20-2006, 03:00 PM

My DH knew our first was a girl. Now preggo with #2, I am hoping and praying for a little sister. I had 2 brothers and a little sister that died when I was 3 years old and I have always missed having someone close to me. We are going to be surprised.
#7 of 25 Old 02-20-2006, 04:15 PM

I knew I was preggo and the gender each time before I even took a test. I was right with my first 2. I think this is a boy.
#8 of 25 Old 02-21-2006, 08:14 AM

I'll chime in:

Baby #1--I thought it was a boy from the very beginning. Doc did an ultrasound in his office (this was before u/s were very good and it was an older machine) and he told me that if he had to guess he would say it was a girl. I looked straight at him and told him he was dead wrong. In the end it was a boy!

Baby #2--I thought was a girl. I was wrong--definitely a boy.

Baby #3--I thought it was a girl. I was correct.

Baby #4--(miscarried). I had no clue, but testing determined that he was a boy.

Baby #5--I told my o/b that my dh was only capable of making boys because 3 out of 4 were boys. She did a scan in her office and told me that it was definitely a girl. She was correct. I really wanted a girl that pregnancy, but would have been happy either way.

Baby #6--miscarried too early to know gender.

Baby #7--whom I am pregnant with now. I think it's a boy. I keep having dreams of a little boy with dark hair. The things I want to eat all the time are very similar to those cravings I had with all my boys. So, I dunno.

I will have an u/s for two reasons: I am getting older (37) and want to be prepared if there's a possiblity of Down Syndrome. We are considering moving back to MA (partly b/c I can't find any decent care down here) and our house in MA is very tiny (3 bedrooms). I need to find out the sex so we know where in the world we will put all these kids!

So, there you have it. My predictions and their outcomes, so far :-)
#9 of 25 Old 02-21-2006, 09:40 AM

fun!

i think this baby is a boy.

with my first two i definitely knew and was right, though i must admit that the first was also confirmed by u/s midway through.

i have no preference about the sex of this one, though my son is really really hoping for a little brother!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#10 of 25 Old 02-21-2006, 12:12 PM

This is my fourth baby on the way, certainly not my fourth pregnancy.

I thought my first was a boy and she turned out to be a girl. I thought the rest to be girls and I've since given birth to a gorgeous girl, a gorgeous boy and I miscarried a boy.

I'm hoping for a boy, it would make things so much easier bedroom wise.
#11 of 25 Old 02-21-2006, 01:09 PM

I think this is a boy mostly b/c of timing of bding and ovulation were exactly at the same time. Last time I thought it was a boy also, but it was a girl. Although, this being my second, I really don't have a preference. Either would be great for their own reasons!
#12 of 25 Old 02-21-2006, 01:12 PM

I think it's a boy. But we'll find out soon enough.
#13 of 25 Old 02-22-2006, 12:19 AM

I knew I was having a girl based on a dream I had early on, and was right! Nearly everyone thought I was having a boy because I was HUGE and the baby was so active.

I don't have a strong feeling about this one yet (and no revealing dreams) but my daughter has been calling various toys "baby sister." We'll see!

Mama to Sophia (2/25/04) , Oliver (10/24/06) , and Norah (3/2/10).
#14 of 25 Old 02-22-2006, 03:59 AM

I was positive my first was a girl and she was. With my second I said boy and... well... he was. My youngest I would've have bet money the baby was a girl. I was SOOOO wrong. Very Boy! With this one I am saying girl. Only time will tell.
#15 of 25 Old 02-22-2006, 11:12 AM

I'm not sure yet. I waffle.

I had strong feelings regarding gender during my first and second pregnancies, and I was right both times. Third time I wasn't sure, and ended up with a girl.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#16 of 25 Old 02-22-2006, 01:43 PM

I dreamed last night that I had a dark-haired little girl. Though that might have been the power of suggestion, since I've kind of had a feeling and a slight hope that this would be a girl.

We haven't decided whether to find out the gender. I *think* we'll be having a mid-trimester u/s, and if so chances are we'll find out.
#17 of 25 Old 02-22-2006, 02:17 PM

I've been wrong every time. Except for #4...I wasn't sure either way. With all of the others I was totally prepared for the oppposite of what we ended up having.

I really would like a boy this time. The kids would all like a little brother.

In some ways I think it's a boy...and in some I think it's a girl.
We will be doing the U/S at 20 weeks...and DH really wants to know. (I'd be happy to wait, but since he wants to know- I think we'll find out)

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

#18 of 25 Old 02-22-2006, 05:25 PM

I knew with DS right away - due to dreams (I already mentioned this on the baby dreams post This time, I am having a feeling it is a girl - but the dreams are more vague than the last time. I still don't feel that I'm too sure about it - so I don't want to tell a bunch of people that.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#19 of 25 Old 02-27-2006, 11:46 PM

I was right with both my other 2. Knew right form teh start. I say girl on this one.. btu i have a strange feeling that there may be more than one this time.. in a way I'm hoping I 'm wrong and jsut freaking But 2 would be just as much (well more of a ) blessing than one
#20 of 25 Old 02-28-2006, 01:01 PM

I have a feeling it's going to be another girl. My sister and her girlfriend feel the same way too.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#21 of 25 Old 02-28-2006, 01:46 PM

We're kind of suspecting that our baby will be a girl because we started trying really early in my cycle and I knew when I was going to be ovulating, so we'll see. But, nearly everything that I've bought so far for the baby has pretty much been boy stuff so maybe not?
#22 of 25 Old 03-01-2006, 02:27 AM

Well, I have some reasons now to suspect a girl more. I finally had a dream with a little girl (not sure if that means anything or not). Also, my friend, Savita's, mother is visiting from India. This woman guessed correctly with my son and this time she said she is sure I'm having a girl. I know she doesn't have proof or anything, but she seems to have good intuition. Of course, I once heard that in India they believe that a woman pregnant with a boy will have beauty (since the boy gives her beauty) and a woman pregnant with a daughter will be less beautiful (since the daughter "borrows" and "steals" her mother's beauty). If this is true, then I probably looked like crap when I saw her the other day - hehe he

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#23 of 25 Old 03-01-2006, 12:34 PM

I already have 3 boys, so I assume that this will be another boy.
#24 of 25 Old 03-01-2006, 01:00 PM

I'm thinking that this time I'm having a boy. Last time I m/c without having an u/s to determine the sex, but I have a feeling that she was a, well, girl. I'm having more sickness with this one and with timing of BD and O I think this one is a boy.

My friend told me that boys take more out of you than girls do, does anyone know anything about that to back that up, or have personal experience with that? I'm very interested... hummmm?
~d
#25 of 25 Old 03-01-2006, 09:17 PM

Knew my first was a girl, knew my second was a boy, and I know this one's a girl.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page