Mothering Forum banner

Cramping during nursing?

737 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  stayathomecristi 
#1 ·
Hello!
For those who are still nursing - have you experienced any cramping during and after nursing your older child? I have been getting some contractions while nursing dd and am a little worried. I was just wondering if that was "normal". (I tend to freak out since I have lost two babies in the past...) Thanks!!!

#2 ·
Not yet. During previous pregnancies, I didn't notice cramping during nursing until about halfway through the pregnancy. However, I'm sure that it's within the range of normal.

DH and I woke up a little early this morning
And I noticed definite cramping after that.

#7 ·
I've had a bunch of crampy things happening here and there too. It's a little disconcerting b/c I've lost two as well, one while I was nursing the same dd I'm nursing now. I have wondered if there was a connection.

Dd is down to nursing 2-3 times a day now and I really wonder if she's getting any milk at all. It's starting to be painful when she nurses. I'm really hoping she will nurse through and we can tandem, but I'm not sure she will. She seems to be getting a little frustrated with not getting milk.

Sorry, a little OT.

Bottom line is that I don't know the answer and will be watching to see what others say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.