This pregnancy...different from your other(s)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you experiencing a different pregnancy than your last? Do you think it's related to a different sex? From mamas who might have experience, is there any truth to this?

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#2 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 01:55 PM

How funny I was coming here to post this. With Sophie I was never sick, tired or anything. In fact, I had no symptoms other than a missed period. With this baby I'm so tired, I'm sick as a dog after 8pm, I have some zits, sore breasts etc.. I too wonder if carrying a different sex gives different symptoms. But yeah this is completely different!
#3 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfeet
How funny I was coming here to post this. With Sophie I was never sick, tired or anything. In fact, I had no symptoms other than a missed period. With this baby I'm so tired, I'm sick as a dog after 8pm, I have some zits, sore breasts etc.. I too wonder if carrying a different sex gives different symptoms. But yeah this is completely different!
Do you think this is a boy?

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#4 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 03:32 PM

I'm having a VERY different pregnancy. I would like to think it's because of different gender, but I'm more inclined to think it's simply because I already have one to take care of.

Last time I had constant upset tummy - could only eat Chick-Fil-A easily. This time I don't feel sick so much, but I also cannot eat much easily - even Chick-Fil-A. I totally have to go grocery shopping when I'm hungry and buy things that seem appealing at that time. That way I will be able to eat most of it most of the time. I do think it's possible that my tummy doesn't roll like it did last time because I'm still nursing DD.

Also, my uterous feels VERY heavy already. I didn't notice my lower belly - or any signs of baby - until I was 5 months, and even then it was only noticeable to me. Even DH couldn't REALLY tell at that point. I'm not showing because I'm quite fluffy, but I think if I'd started thin I might have a belly goin now!

Anyway... I think I'm having another girl because we DTD before I even ovulated. But I'll be super happy to have a boy, since I want there to be a brother to stick up for my pretty DD!!! We'll see when the baby arrives!!!

IntactaLactavist, HomeBirthin' Baby Wearin' Co-sleepin' Homeschoolin', City girl gone Country Livin' SAH(HSing)M

#5 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 04:03 PM

I've been a lot sicker with this pregnancy. I also started having horrible indigestion and sore breasts before my period was even late. With my first, I only had aversions to a few specific foods (chicken, broccoli, and cauliflower). This time, all foods were grossing me out for nearly a month. I think it could be due to different genders. My sister was very sick and fatigued during her pregnancy with her son, but was barely queasy with her daughter.
#6 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 04:44 PM

I've carried two pregnancies to term. Both girls both completely different!

So far this one is different from either of those in the fact that I am much sicker and more tired than either time.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#7 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 05:12 PM

My first pregnancy was a girl and I felt all the symptoms in super overdrive. I had killer 24-hour nausea, fatigue, etc.
My second, a boy, I had NOTHING. Perfect, perfect, perfect pregnancy. I didn't even feel pregnant, belly and all. I remember hearing someone say when I was pregnant with my first, "I felt SO good being pregnant that I want to stay that way the rest of my life" and I could NOT get that. I felt miserable my first time around.

But my second? I totally understand that sentiment. I felt better pregnant with my son than I do normally! I could have stayed pregnant with him forever.

This time? Just like my first, if not worse.
So I think it's a girl.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#8 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 05:24 PM

Wow--well, I'll chime in.

I've been pregnant 7 times and the first 6 I was as sick as a dog!!!!!

My first was a son. Sick, sick, sick for the 1st 4 months

My second was a son. Beyond sick, morning, noon and night sickness and it lasted throughout the pregnancy. I lost weight and couldn't keep anything down. Had heartburn.

Third was a girl--sick, sick, sick for about 5 months. Limited heartburn, but just felt gross and tired most of the time.

Fourth was a son and I was sick for a little while with him, but then didn't feel pregnant at all suddenly. We lost him.

5th was a girl--sick for only 2 months, throwing mostly in the mornings, then a PERFECT pregnancy. I did have 2 weeks of migraines mid-trimester, but other than that felt GREAT!!!! I had that pregnancy glow and couldn't believe it because up till this point I HATED being pregnant and couldn't understand how anyone could actually enjoy it with all the nausea, aches and pains etc. It was an awesome pregnancy and I felt soooooo GOOD!

6th baby miscarried too early to know the sex, but I was definitely sick.

7th (current pregnancy)--I've been a bit nervous b/c I haven't had much m/s. I haven't thrown up one time, but have been nauseous on and off. I'm very tired all the time. Nothing else remarkable happening. I have to say that I don't have the same glow as my 5th pregnancy, but I'm just entering 2nd trimester so it could still happen.

All that to say that based on my experience, the sex of the baby doesn't necessarily make you more or less sick while pregnant. I was sick with both sexes.
#9 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 05:25 PM

With my dd I was not throwing up, but had a dizzy, hungover feeling all the time and was so tired, I couldn't hardly move. I remember thinking I shouldn't be driving. I also had KILLER heartburn from before I even knew I was pg. It lasted the whole time and kept me up many a night.

This one is different. I feel fine. It was making me so nervous that I got an ultrasound. Everything was fine, but I just can't believe after last pg, that I could feel this good and functional at this stage of the game! We are hoping for a boy, so I think it is one. But if it's a girl, then I'll be just as happy. Maybe this means she'll be a better baby.
#10 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 05:59 PM

Two pretty different pregnancies, same sex babies. One was a summer, one was a spring baby so I endured opposite seasons. I think the weather had more to do with it. Like swelling with DD1 (HOT! summer), colds/flu/bronchitis with DD2 (during those winter months.)

Didn't do ultrasounds, but everyone was so sure (each time) it would be a boy. We were quite surprised twice.

#11 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 07:31 PM

This is a little different from the first. First is a girl.

I had acid indigestion and heartburn from the start with this one.

oops, gotta go puke

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#12 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 08:23 PM

This pregnancy is exactly the same as my 2nd (1st live baby & only boy).

My pregnancies with all of my girls were very different from this one. (Although not all my girl pregnancies were the same...if that makes any sense.)

I don't feel pregnant. I look pregnant. But I feel great (now...I didn't for the first 10.5 weeks). Tons of energy, not sick, not tired, etc. Not crazy emotional. No leg cramps, insomnia. Seriously, I feel so good that I panicked last weel & went running to the midwives for them to listen for a HB.

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

#13 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Interesting reading all of your different experiences. I was leaning toward girl before reading your posts and now I'm back to

#14 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I feel pretty much the same this time. Less morning sickness, but I think that's because I've been paying more attention to eating. Maybe more tired, but I'm chasing around a toddler rather than sitting at a desk all day. I think my skin is better this time, but it's improved a lot in the past year anyways, since I stopped using harsh facial cleansers

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#15 of 15 Old 03-24-2006, 10:04 PM

My girl and boy pregnancies do have distinct differences.My morning sickness always lasts until 10 weeks.No matter which gender.I crave steak and chocolate with girls,pickles and dairy with boys.I get zits with boys and i never ever have zits normally.I only gain weight in my belly with a boy but everywhere with a girl.I have lots of girl centered dreams with girls and boys with boys.That is all i can think of right now but it is quite noticeable to me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page