How's everyone doing? Come check in... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 74 Old 04-16-2006, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone!!
Many of you are in your second trimester already () while some of us are just or soon entering it! How exciting!

So, how many of us are still suffering the same level of m/s? Still as tired?

Basically, how are you doing?

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#2 of 74 Old 04-16-2006, 05:48 PM

Hi Starlein and everyone

I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow and feeling much better morning sickness-wise. I still have some food aversions and will feel queasy if I get too worn out, but otherwise no issues. I'm not eating a ton, but I'm grazing throughout the day and it feels great to be enjoying food again.

I rented a doppler and checked my little one's heartbeat. It's so nice to hear that reassuring sound every now and then. The baby hides well, though. I need a full bladder and to lie absolutely flat on the floor to get a good reading. I have a tummy to begin with and some scar tissue, so that complicates matters more. I'll be returning the doppler soon and am not using it often, but having had a previous missed miscarriage it's really nice to know that things are going well so far.

I'm still pretty tired, although I was starting to get my energy back before I got this awful cold! Blech. I have that extra-mucous pregnancy thing this time around where I'm already blowing my nose constantly. So add a cold in and it just wiped me out. I'm asthmatic as well, so once it entered my lungs I had no choice but to use my ventolin every four hours. My lung capacity has been limited and I've singlehandedly gone through two boxes of tissues. But things are getting better there, too.

That's my update. How's everyone else doing?
#3 of 74 Old 04-16-2006, 09:00 PM

I'm 15 weeks tomorrow, as well. I've been feeling great pregnancy-wise, but got hit with a cold earlier in the week and then the whole family had the stomach flu this weekend. My daughter started with it on Friday, then my DH on Friday night, then me on Saturday night. YUK! It was a gorgeous weekend, too, and we totally missed out on the great weather. Oh well... Hopefully there's more to come...

I found out two other women on my block are pregnant, too. One is due just a day before me. I'm sure I don't agree with their birthing plans, but it's fun to be in a baby boom.

I hope you're all doing great!
-Amy
#4 of 74 Old 04-16-2006, 11:22 PM

I'm in my 12th week...HOORAY!!!! I can breathe again having made it this far. I went for the UltraScreen last week on my OB's insistence, and got to see the sweet little baby sucking it's thumb and moving those tiny little arms and legs. How sweet, touching, and incredibly reassuring!! I am scheduled for my cerclage on Thrusday, and I have to admit, I'm a little more nervous to go through with this than I thought I'd be, and I've already been through this once before under much more dire circumstances. I just hate the anticipation, arrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!
I think I've been more nauseous this week than in the whole pregnancy. Yesterday all I wanted to do was lay down and/or vomit...neither of which I got a chance to do.
I'm pretty sure, too, that I'm feeling baby move. The little fluttery, quick little feelings...or I'm one gassy creature! I'm also looking quite pregnant, but at my U/S last week, my uterus was rather tipped, so I'm guessing that's why (and I was already rather fluffy to begin with) I showed so early.
Haven't been around much with oodles of Dr's appointments and stuff, but wanted to pop in and see how everyone's doing.
Hooray for the 2nd tri...it's almost here for almost all of us, isn't it?!?!
#5 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 12:03 AM

Good luck with the cerclage, happiestmomma! I'm sure everything will go very smoothly
#6 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 12:17 AM

I'll be 15 weeks this week - Tuesday I think? Anyhow, probably because I'm too busy with my kiddo and our landscaping project to notice, but this pregnancy is going much easier than hers. I have a hard time remembering some days that I've got a baby in my belly.

I think I may finally start showing this week because I can see a bump now when I'm laying down. Perhaps then reality will set in more. I know my friends always talk about it when I'm in big groups and I have to remember they're talking about ME being preggers. LOL
#7 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 01:34 AM

I'll be in the 2nd tri on Tuesday. I still have many, many food adversions, and have been feeling more quesy lately. I'm not nearly as tired as I used to be. I've been so busy remodeling and getting ready to move that I haven't been able to think much about this pg, that should change in a few weeks.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#8 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 11:33 AM

I'm just ending the 12th week, moving into the 13th in a day or so.

I am still throwing up and feeling nauseous. I am beginning to regret this pregnancy I am feeling so bad. I sepnt the entire day yesterday in bed, throwing up three different times. I have had 2 vitamin B6 injections. If they are helping, it's only a little. I am no longer vomiting so violently that I am throwing up blood but I have more acid indigestion and nausea than I had been having. I swear, I have never dealt with depression before but I am wondering if I'm starting to feel it now. Gotta go puke!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#9 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 11:39 AM

Ok, I'm back. I'm done throwing up for the moment. I can feel my uterus if I poke around on my belly. I can definately feel a bump when i lay on my stomach but I'm not showing when standing.

I hope everyone else is feeling better.

#10 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Awww Karen...you probably are starting to get depressed. You seem to have one of the roughest roads. It doesn't help that you're also grieving the loss of your sweet Annie. Is your husband still working tons? Have you considered possibly starting the Zofran at this point?
I'm sorry for your suffering!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#11 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 11:56 AM

I think I'm one of the furthest along. Almost 16 weeks! It is a major blessing. I still get sick a few times a week, but ultimately I am feeling wonderful.

I got to meet Tori the other day and she is an incredibley wise and well-spoken woman.

I am showing pretty visably and it happened overnight!I felt some quickening the other day and my fundus is pretty near the belly button. I am really looking foreward to hearing the heartbeat (hopefully singular!) with the fetascope soon. It finally feels as if I am really pregnant. Horay!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#12 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 11:58 AM

I am about 14 weeks and feeling much better in some ways (nausea, food adversion, smells) but totally worse in others. I am having such a hard time sleeping, up 6-7 times a night to pee and not going right back to sleep after. Some nights it feels like I am awake all night.

I am also getting awful migrains. I have never had them before and they totally put me out. They creep up as the day goes on and a few times a week by 6 pm all I can do is lay in a dark room with a cold compress on my eyes. They are a little better if I keep pounding water as the evening goes on but then I am up all night peeing. So I drink 3-4 liters during the day and start to ween off around 5. SLEEP vs. MIGRAINS??? I feel like I can't win. 3 x-strength tylenol do nothing nor do herbs. I am going to try accupuncture next and pray it helps.

The good news is that I feel really good in the morning and get as much done before 2 as I can, then just plan on being home after that. I can eat again, except when the migrains come, and I only have a few moments a week when I feel like I'm going to puke. And best of all I can now handle the smell of my husband and love to cuddle again!! He loves it again too!
#13 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Deleria- Yay for the heartbeat! Nothing more reassuring hunh! And I hope you get over your cold soon. That's no fun at all. I'm glad you're through the thick of m/s...it helps the enjoyment process!

Amryo- Glad your symptoms are so few (m/s wise!) but sorry about the double whamy you guys were hit with...stomach bugs are the pits! Here's to a beautiful weekend this coming weekend! How fun that you're pregnant with neighbors!

Happiestmomma- Awww...the ultrasound of your baby sounds precious! What an amazing mental picture to have of your precious growing babe! I hope the cerclage is uneventful and painless! Try not to worry too much although that's easier said than done!

TheDivineMissE- What kind of landscaping project? Sounds like fun! I'm also waiting for the reality of this pregnancy to really set in. I feel the baby move about and I feel my bump starting to grow, but it still isn't really real, kwim!

AMB8301- wow and you're remodeling...what are you guys remodeling? Are you doing it yourself? I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better!

I'm doing much better the past 2 days. No vomitting, just nausea throughout the day in waves and pretty bad nausea at night, but if I go to bed pretty early...I can avoid throwing up! I also have more energy these days and am feeling more and more like myself everyday. I can actually play with my son again...

#14 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Oh ColoradoKat...sorry about those awful migraines! That's terrible, almost worse than m/s. There are a few mamas here dealing with those, Kathryn, littleteapot and soccerminds...maybe you culd exchange useful tips with each other...
Glad you have a little system set up to deal with it (doing things before 2) but it's still hard...

#15 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlein26
Awww Karen...you probably are starting to get depressed. You seem to have one of the roughest roads. It doesn't help that you're also grieving the loss of your sweet Annie. Is your husband still working tons? Have you considered possibly starting the Zofran at this point?
I'm sorry for your suffering!
I am trying hard to avoid any prescription meds. I feel like I am far enough along that this might stop ....so I hang on day by day and continue throwing up. I have this horrid metalic taste in my mouth that I just can't shake. It started about a week or so ago. I wish that would go away.

I got sick with my previous pregnancy from week 7 to week 18 but after the first few weeks, it was just once in the morning and I felt fine before and after. I didn't have the nausea. I just got a few seconds of warning that I was going to throw up, I threw up and went on about my day. This has just plowed me over. Let's look on the bright side, there has to be an end. It can't last past late October right?

Dh is home this week, gone some next week. I'm doing ok about Annie dog. We did everythign we could for her and she had a great quality of life right up til the end. Thank you so much for your support and kind thoughts about our loss of her. She was a lovely dog and a very loved member of our family.

#16 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

I understand about Zofran. It's most likely best avoided...you just seem to be suffering pretty intensely and I think that would be the surest way to relief...but it clearly has to be something that you stand behind.
Assuming the worst and your m/s lasts until October...are you prepared for that?

#17 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Assuming the worst and your m/s lasts until October...are you prepared for that?
Most likely not. I would have to do some other intervention to become more functional. If I didn't have another child to take care of, I would be fine. But I have a child that needs me to be a bit more functional than I have been. I work at home and I have a house to keep up. All of which has been suffering more than I am going to be able to deal with over that long a time.

I'm holding out hope but not getting excited if that makes any sense.

#18 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer
I'm holding out hope but not getting excited if that makes any sense.
Yeah...I hope you feel completely better in the next month!

#19 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 01:13 PM

I am 13 weeks. I am starting to feel better. More than nasea (sp?) I've been battling extreme fatigue. I'm starting to feel a bit more energetic though.
#20 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlein26
TheDivineMissE- What kind of landscaping project? Sounds like fun! I'm also waiting for the reality of this pregnancy to really set in. I feel the baby move about and I feel my bump starting to grow, but it still isn't really real, kwim!

I'm doing much better the past 2 days. No vomitting, just nausea throughout the day in waves and pretty bad nausea at night, but if I go to bed pretty early...I can avoid throwing up! I also have more energy these days and am feeling more and more like myself everyday. I can actually play with my son again...
We're xeriscaping the whole yard - front and back. (We live in New Mexico and decided a half an acre of grass wasn't very environmentally friendly)We've had a total of 25 tons of rocks delivered now!! I also ripped out the bed of ivy that was in front of the house and planted lots of little plants that only need watering once a week or so after they are rooted. They look gorgeous with the giant wisteria bush (not vine!) that is in the front of the bed. It's been SO much fun!

Glad you're starting to feel better! I had a few days of nausea with this one early on and I feel complete sympathy for all of you mamas that have been sick!
#21 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Joi

I am at 16 weeks today and am feeling better. The nausea has slowed down quite a bit now (yay!) I just seem to gag often. It is strange but to me it sure beats throwing up. I am showing (boy am I ever) I feel like a tank but everyone assures me that I look fine. The only real problem as of late are the headaches. For the past few weeks I have been getting the worst migraines........ we finally had to go in and talk to the midwife about it. She gave me a script for tylenol 3. I have had to take it twice now but under much stress.

Other than that we are doing fine. DD and DH are very very excited. We go in for a US in May and I do believe we are finding out the gender (Mostly because dd really really really wants a sister and if it is a brother we want to prepare her)
#22 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 01:37 PM

To all the mamas who are still in the puking stage - hugs to you! Hang in there, this too shall pass.

I'm about 15.5 weeks and feeling sooo much better for the last week or two. I was not puking before, but feeling totally nauseated all the time. Not too tired any more (though I still enjoy going to bed with my toddler at 8 pm!) and generally feeling pretty normal.

I'm not really showing at all yet but most of my pants don't fit anymore. Grumble grumble... gotta love elastic waistbands.

lizabird

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
#23 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

That sounds really cool Jeanie! You should take pictures when it's all done...I'd love to see it!

Angtsmommy- Sorry about the migraines. Does the Tylenol help at all? What stresses you out about it? Ds wants a baby girl too! So we'll also find out when the time comes to prepare hime either way...

lizabird- Glad you're feeling better too! Yay! I'm not really showing either, although my pants don't fit...(scratch head)

#24 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 01:56 PM

i'm at 15/16 weeks and still feeling good. had to officially get some maternity clothes as my belly finally decided to pop out. (i'll have to add my pic to the belly picture thread!!)

i feel so incredibly lucking because i've generally felt pretty good throughtout this pregnancy. so, i just keep doing what i'm doing - eating, exercising, reading, crocheting and sleeping.

good luck to everyone who is still feeling bad. hugs to you!
#25 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 02:18 PM

Hi ladies, I'm still here.

I am about 15 weeks now and really showing. I have my 3rd m/w appointment on Wednesday with the practice I am currently with. It is then that I will decide whether I plan to stay with this practice or whether I am going for the homebirth. I have to draw a line in the sand for myself because this continues to drag on and I don't have a clear plan yet.

Physically, my only complaint right now (aside from the fatigue that continues) is that my varicose veins have gotten a lot worse. I had to have a full-leg ultrasound last week because I thought I had a blood clot. Turns out that I actually have a varicose vein that's pretty deep in my thigh. Not dangerous, but very painful since it's located between the two muscle groups in my thigh. My whole right leg is varicose veins and they are very ugly and painful at times.

Other than that, I'm doing o.k. and hope to start feeling movement soon. I don't understand why I haven't yet, since I usually feel it much earlier, but have decided not to worry till after next week .
#26 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyro
I found out two other women on my block are pregnant, too. One is due just a day before me. I'm sure I don't agree with their birthing plans, but it's fun to be in a baby boom.
-Amy
It's a baby boom where I am, too! There are at LEAST 6 other women preggie in my church group. And I know of at least two other ladies (in my very SMALL circle of friends) who are expecting.

So glad to hear many of you are feeling better! It sure is awesome to be in the second trimester, eh?

According to my midwife, I'm 17 weeks, but I'm calculating differently (from conception not LMP) and counting 40 weeks since DD went almost exacly that. This helps me not to get too excited. So, I say I'm 15 weeks today. Still well in second trimester - YEAY!

I'm still SUPER tired and feel very icky about much of the food I see, smell, or think about eating. I've been obsessed with buttered toast recently! Weird for me because I usually prefer things with a lot more flavor. I still haven't actually brought anything back up from eating or drinking... but drinking causes lots of feelings of getting ready to do just that. *sigh* SUCH a different pregnancy from my first!

I did have one week (about my 13 and 1/2 or 14th) that I felt SUPER energetic and actually couldn't really sleep well AT ALL for 5-7 days! But that didn't last long. I'm back to feeling the need to nap twice a day now, but only actually able to nap once, if I'm lucky. I'm hopeful about getting more energetic sooner than later, though!

IntactaLactavist, HomeBirthin' Baby Wearin' Co-sleepin' Homeschoolin', City girl gone Country Livin' SAH(HSing)M

#27 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 08:16 PM

Hello Ladies!
I am 12 weeks along now and definitely in maternity clothes! I know I wrote about this in another post but I am experiencing an increase in my morning sickness...ugh...I spent most of Easter trying not to inhale the scent of the chocolate eminating from my husband's Easter basket! Otherwise things are fine but I am so trired I keep taking anps with my dd and could still sleep the rest of the day away! I am *almost* done with classes though so hopefully I will be able to go to bed when dd does! For those of you done with m/s - send me vibes!
#28 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
I got to meet Tori the other day and she is an incredibley wise and well-spoken woman.
What a sweet and kind thing to say!!! Thank you!!!!

Oh, and Evergreen is showing visibly... SUCH a cute tiny little baby belly!!!!!! Wish I could say I might EVER have such a cute preggie belly, but it probably will never happen. That's all right, though... I'm a happy mama anyway.

IntactaLactavist, HomeBirthin' Baby Wearin' Co-sleepin' Homeschoolin', City girl gone Country Livin' SAH(HSing)M

#29 of 74 Old 04-17-2006, 10:35 PM

Tori, I think I asked you this before but where are you in VA. I grew up there and live near still.

#30 of 74 Old 04-18-2006, 12:18 PM

I'm doing well over here and feeling pretty good. to you mamas who are still feeling bad. Hopefully it will get better soon!!

I have much of my energy back, but I crash around 9pm. I've always been one to go to bed earlyish so I'm not bothered by it. DH is a little upset, because it really cuts into "our" time. He (mostly) understands, though.

At 15 weeks today I still haven't been able to tell if I really feel movement - a few tiny flutters. I have a feeling I'll really start feeling the baby in the next couple of weeks, though.

I'm in some maternity clothes (a month earlier than with #1), but most shirts are too big. Stretchy skirts are the best right now - I'm really not ready for the panels - just kinda in between still. I got the best capris at Ross a while back ("normal" top, but with elastic in the back) and they're getting lots of wear right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page