The April 24th weekly thread. How is everyone doing? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 04-26-2006, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After finally seeing my chiropractor my migraines are 100% GONE. Thank god!!
I an also eat now, so with the proper amount of real food in my body I'm feeling a lot better.

Although yesterday I did faint on the kitchen floor. DH caught me and I kind of went almost all the way out, vaguely aware of what was going on. DH tried to wake me by tapping my cheeks and I kept trying to say, "I'm tired, let me sleep" But it wouldn't come out. I thought I was in bed.
(I faint for low BP during pregnancy, right around this time - I'm used to this).

DD dotes on me when it happens, it's so cute.

She also asked me about my c-section scar this morning. She wanted to know if it hurt, and I told her no. She asked why it was there and I told her that's how her brother came out, so she asked if that's where this baby was coming out. NO WAY! I explained to her about babies coming out of vaginas and reminded her of the birth videos we'd watched and she seemed to think that was pretty cool.
She'd watched Psalm & Zoya about 25 times when I was pregnant with DS - it literally became her favourite thing to watch.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#32 of 44 Old 04-26-2006, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I feel so not pregnant today, it's ridiculous. I'm wearing a pair of shorts from last summer, and don't look pregnant at all.

It's irritating. Last time around I didn't look pregnant until 30 weeks, and could hide it until the baby dropped at 35 weeks or so. I want a belly! I'm envious of everyone's pictures!

I'm also not feeling the baby kick as much as I had been. I expect it's a matter of space - I experienced the same thing around this point last time.

My body is telling me to seriously cut back on sugar. I actually chose black bean soup over ice cream last night, perfectly willingly. I love this. I'm still dealing with emotional and habitual sugar addiction issues, but physically I just don't want it.

Leif loves watching Psalm and Zoya, too.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#33 of 44 Old 04-27-2006, 01:15 PM

I'm miserable honestly. Not even because of pregnancy. I am almost 16wks and feeling great in that way. But I have been sick for over 2wks now. I am on day 7 of the sinus infection from hell. I even went to the ER on Monday and told them to shoot me. lol. I haven't been sleeping nor eating cause my face and jaw and teeth have hurt so bad. I did get antibiotics and took my 4th dose this morning and I finally feel like I am getting better. I don't feel like dying anymore anyway.

But because I hadn't been able to eat... now it seems like I can't eat more than a couple bites without feeling like I am going to puke. It's like my belly can't tolerate food anymore Yesterday I didn't have ANYTHING till dh made me soup for dinner. I couldn't even eat the solid things in the soup... could only eat the broth. Someone tell me that this WILL improve!?!?

If you have never had an excrutiating sinus infection before... just pray you never get one. I seriously would rather push out a 25lb baby before going through this pain again. I actually got sympathetic with people who committ suicide after dealing with chronic pain forever. (I wouldn't have, but it was a way to explain how bad the pain was). And it's worse being preggo cause the ER wouldn't give me anything for the pain. Being preggie and sick sucks.

SO that's how I have been doing. lol I am ready to actually feel healthy and start enjoying my 2nd trimester. I *think* I have been feeling the baby sometimes too

Crystal
#34 of 44 Old 04-27-2006, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Faithhopelove, that sinus pain must be awful! I've never experienced it before but have had friends who have and it sounds terrible! If this your first baby? If so, at least you have the benefit of being able to rest without a baby or toddler demanding your attention! That is what makes it hard for me this time around. I can't just unplug all by myself in the evenings.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#35 of 44 Old 04-27-2006, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

I just saw your post on the ultrasound thread and I see you do have other kiddos, so you know exactly what it is like to not be able to relax quietly all by yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

#36 of 44 Old 04-27-2006, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer
Oh Faithhopelove, that sinus pain must be awful! I've never experienced it before but have had friends who have and it sounds terrible! If this your first baby? If so, at least you have the benefit of being able to rest without a baby or toddler demanding your attention! That is what makes it hard for me this time around. I can't just unplug all by myself in the evenings.
haha. Nope, I have 3 kiddos already. I really need to make a signiture! LOL
I have an almost 7yr old that I homeschool. Then a 2.5yr old that is equal to like 5 kids. And then a 5.5yr old who has low functioning autism. Hardly peaceful around here And to make it worse, my husband has had this exercise at work that made it impossible for him to even come home for lunch or be home before 7. Thankfully that is over. I about cried tears of joy when he called yesterday at 4:30 saying he was done for the day. YAY LOL

I've never experienced sinus pain before either and hope I never have to again. I hope you don't either! I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Ugh!

Crystal
#37 of 44 Old 04-27-2006, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

I had my first appointment with the homebirth midwife. I liked her and think she'll be a good match for me. Her fees are reasonable and I think my dh will like her too. He is out of town and couldn't be here this appointment.

I declined the doppler and she was fine with that. She does want to use the fetoscope later and that is just fine with me. She measured my belly and checked my urine, all is good.

My little one was quiet engaging with her and liked her too.

This was supposed to be a new thread, guess I hit the reply box instead of new thread...oh well...

#38 of 44 Old 04-27-2006, 01:46 PM

Glad you had a great first visit!!! It's always nice when your little ones love the midwife too. Hannah still talks about "the midwife who had all the toys and I made a lego fetoscope" LOL It just makes it that much better

CRystal
#39 of 44 Old 04-27-2006, 02:12 PM

Well, my back is better now. Dang did it hurt though. It was so weird though cause he said that's not the first time he's done that with me. I guess it was the pregnancy and the super sensitive skin that made it burn so bad. It was awful.
I'm doing a bit better now though. Not throwing up quite as much. Seeing light at the end, I think.
Migraines seem to be fewer so that's always good. I really wish I could go see a chiro right now for them, but I have no way to get there. It's so annoying having only one car and working during the day.
Feeling lots of movement and getting bigger by the day. My fundal height is 18cm right now.

ETA: Crystal, I'm so sorry about your sinus. I loathe infections. I know exactly what you mean by understanding chronic pain people.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#40 of 44 Old 04-27-2006, 02:51 PM

I felt the baby yesterday (several times), so I'm super happy. I love this part of pregnancy.

Lunch is still hard. Not nausea, but just that nothing ever looks appealing mid-day. Then, by 3, I am so hungry. I did have a yummy Thai Kitchen noodle card thing today. It hit the spot.

Last week was so stressful, so almost anything is better. I had wicked awful ringing in my ears and dizziness last Monday. Picked up some candle waxing things. They helped, but the ringing occasionally comes back. Last Tuesday we had to put our almost 14 year old Greyhound to sleep. That was hard (we had to put a cat to sleep when I was pregnant with Silas -- what is up with that?). Wednesday, my in-laws came in. I love them, but the house was a mess and their visits always stress me out. I couldn't really complain though as the main purpose of the trip was for my MIL to fit and finish 2 maternity dresses for me.

That is about it.
#41 of 44 Old 04-27-2006, 04:49 PM

My week has been up and down. I am SUPER tired today. The job thing is settled I Accepted the one that's an hour away instead of the one that's half that. Dh is mad at me b/c I'll have a longer commute. <sigh> oh well.

As for pregnancy health, I'm begining to wonder a bit. I just feel yucky and the pregnancy feels like a trigger rather than the cause. I think my immune system is totally out of whack. My blood counts are off, my hair is falling out, I can't seem to put on weight, I have sores in my mouth that make it difficult to talk or swallow - in places I coun't possible have accidentally bitten...the list goes on. I'm thinking seriously about a referal to a rheumatologist. Just had to vent. Sorry for the downer.
#42 of 44 Old 04-27-2006, 05:44 PM

s

Mama is it possible it could be related to your thyroid or something that is triggering it all from certain foods you may eat? Do you live near a homeopath or herbalist?

Michele
#43 of 44 Old 04-28-2006, 11:55 AM

I totaly don't live near an herbalist or homoepath or anything. I'm in the middle of Southern nowhere. I'm going to see what my doc says next week...
#44 of 44 Old 04-28-2006, 01:16 PM

I'm way exhausted too.I know i am not getting enough proteins though.You sound like you are having some mineral deficiencies though Mama Rainbeau.You could get a bottle of trace minerals and up your proteins and see if that helps.I need to get some protein powder myself!I'm feeling kind of depressed right now because i am supposed to have my dd to school by 7:30am every morning which means getting 4 kids up at 6:30 feeding them,dressing them and getting out the door and to school but i am so very exhausted in the mornings that i can not get up out of bed.She has been late every day this week and i know that reflects badly on me.I have been going to bed early and everything but i am so tired!I'm not sure what to do.

I've been feeling movement which is great!Love that.Having to find a new midwife is not so great.But moving in a few weeks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page