~May Chat Thread~ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 05-04-2006, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went to my local home birth support group this morning... It was like MDC come to life! There were only being two other women there (the co-organisers), but I got to see cloth diapering and toddler nursing in action. Ya-hoo!!! Both of these women have had two babies each at home and one of each of those was breech. It feels so good to meet other crunchy people.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#32 of 56 Old 05-04-2006, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Had another appt with my midwife this morning. It went very well. I'm measuring at 18 cm (which she thinks is within normal although I'm 15 weeks) and baby's heartrate was in the 150s...

I feel the baby stronger and stronger daily which is just so exciting!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#33 of 56 Old 05-04-2006, 01:26 PM

I didn't have ms but have had no appetite to speak of....
I'm at 16 weeks tomorrow and have a little bump that I think is mostly leftover from dd pushing out

My lack of energy is eating me up, my house is going to shambles and I'm really boring my 2 year old.
We're still nursing and I'm relieved because it gives me breaks
just when I need them.
So sorry to hear of everyone being so sick....

Michelle, vegan mama to my two sweeties, L, 4/21/04 and C, 10/29/06 married to my Bryce for 20 years.

#34 of 56 Old 05-04-2006, 03:48 PM

Hi mamas! I'm feeling better this week. I had a Dr. appt. today that went well. I had a bit of a shock for about 3 min though... The Dr. thought she heard 2 HBs when she listened... one on either side of my belly button several inches apart! I have a 9mo old and had visions of 3 under 2 just long enough to make me a little anxious (not that I wouldn't be ecstatic!). So she dragged me over tot he US machine (not my 1st choice but shock kept my mouth shut) and looked around in there. She only saw one precious babe and for just a moment I was dissappointed . Unless the other is a master at hidding, I'm having one beautiful child. She asked me if I wanted to know what I was having and I told her I knew already I was having a boy but that she was welcome to confirm it for herself, which she did. ...Thomas Ambrose is 16w 1day Hooray!
#35 of 56 Old 05-05-2006, 10:34 AM

Oh oh oh, congratulations on your boy, MamaRainebeau!!!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#36 of 56 Old 05-05-2006, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Wow MamaRainebeau!! Your nun friend was right again! Congratulations on your son...how wonderful to know. I can't wait myself!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#37 of 56 Old 05-05-2006, 11:17 AM

Congrats MamaRainebeau! I cant wait to find out what my lil muchkins are I have been getting lots of boy/girl vibes, but wont know for sure till the 23rd
#38 of 56 Old 05-05-2006, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

I find out the day before you Natalya...I'm SO excited!!

#39 of 56 Old 05-05-2006, 12:41 PM

Cool,a boy!I love lil boys and i suspect this one in my belly is a boy.Especially because if i have a girl that will make 4 girls i will be raising!Ack..

I skipped my midwifes this week.I wasn't sure i was going to keep her since she is going to be in Costa Rica for my due date but she is being so good to me and helpful in the way of money that i think i must hold on to her.I am pretty positive i will deliver around Oct 7-8 though so she would for sure miss it.Luckily my friend is a trained midwife and i can count on her to help me out.

Still working on the tiredness issue but nursing all night is not helping.Need more sleep.
#40 of 56 Old 05-07-2006, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Man, I've had a resurgence of m/s...threw up the last 3 nights...

I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and I thought I was through the thick. We've been a little busier lately since I feel less tired so maybe my body is telling me to slow down a bit?

How's everyone else doing?

#41 of 56 Old 05-09-2006, 12:48 PM

I started prenatal yoga last night, but then felt queasy afterwards. :

But I think I felt the baby moving on Sunday. I'm only 16 weeks, which is pretty early. But people have told me that since I'm pretty thin, I might be able to feel it sooner. When I was in the bath, my little bump was lopsided, s I was poking it, and it felt like the baby was poking back! Or maybe it's just gas.

#42 of 56 Old 05-09-2006, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Awww...I'm sure it was the baby. I felt me son around that time too!

#43 of 56 Old 05-09-2006, 05:07 PM

I just wanted to write and say woe is me. My back freaking hurts bad! It finally got a little better last night but I'm sure it's just a preview of bad things to come. I have an old back injury that I knew was going to act up during the pregnancy. I'd better start saving for the chiro ASAP.

Plus, this morning I totally screwed up my next. Sigh.

Yesterday, I almost threw up twice - once while I was sitting on the toilet. God, I thought that was over with. Well, at least if I puked there I wouldn't have to worry about peeing my pants.
#44 of 56 Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 PM

I'm depressed, probably since I still haven't found anyone compatable to help me with my birth. I'm going to see an OB with my current practice tomorrow and have a list of questions for her, but I'm not sure I'm staying there. I'm with the midwives now, and they are wonderful, but I keep being told that it just depends on which OB is on as to how I will be treated.

Guess I'll go buy myself some more newborn fluff. That always helps.
#45 of 56 Old 05-09-2006, 06:07 PM

IM 17wks and havent felt a flutter however with DS1 i didnt feel a flutter until 18wks

Michele
#46 of 56 Old 05-09-2006, 07:07 PM

Cristi- a big sent your way. Hope it all sorts out soon! We are not doing a homebirth as anticipated since our insurance is changing, but I am still going to see this midwife next week- mainly because it have been 7 weeks since I have gone in to anyone. I will be joining Cristi with the hospital midwives. Hopefully we will get along. I did see on that web site that they have a birthing tub in the hospital, so maybe I will be able to labor on in it.

I have been experiencing weird pinched nerves in my right hip/leg. It hurts! It is keeping me from getting on the treadmill and walking. Bummer!

Felt some movement, but not certain if I just had gas or what.
#47 of 56 Old 05-09-2006, 09:47 PM

I am feeling pretty good this week aside from the hip pain...ouch!!! Hopefully they will strech out like rubber bands soon and I will be through with it! I am taking and grading final exams this week and trying desperately to finish and defned my thesis proposal before we move in the end of June...I may not be around on MDC much!!! I am glad to hear that most of us are getting through without any more m/s and big hugs to those who are still dealing with it! How do we start a sticky for what sex our babies are??? I would love to know who is having what if you are finding out!!! It will make the next swap (if we have one for the third trimester...) easier!
#48 of 56 Old 05-09-2006, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliarose
Cristi- a big sent your way. Hope it all sorts out soon! We are not doing a homebirth as anticipated since our insurance is changing, but I am still going to see this midwife next week- mainly because it have been 7 weeks since I have gone in to anyone. I will be joining Cristi with the hospital midwives. Hopefully we will get along. I did see on that web site that they have a birthing tub in the hospital, so maybe I will be able to labor on in it.

I have been experiencing weird pinched nerves in my right hip/leg. It hurts! It is keeping me from getting on the treadmill and walking. Bummer!

Felt some movement, but not certain if I just had gas or what.
Well, if we're in labor at the same time, we're gonna be fighting over that tub!!!! Guess we'll have to take turns...

Yeah, they have one jacuzzi and 2 LDRP rooms. The other rooms are really tiny, so I hope you get one of those LDRP ones. I'm really nervous about my OB visit tomorrow. Not exactly sure why. I need answers to some questions, but not sure I'm going to like the answers KWIM? I'm just really frustrated with my situation right now. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Are you going to see the HB midwife for this visit? My insurance won't pay for her either, so I know what you mean about that piece of the puzzle.

I'm sure it will work out, but it's really draining me emotionally right now. I want a resolution and it's not happening and I just keep getting bigger and bigger.
#49 of 56 Old 05-10-2006, 12:02 AM

For some reason the last 2 days I have been extremely exhausted however DS loves to nap which is great.

Still waiting to feel SOMETHING!!!!!

Michele
#50 of 56 Old 05-10-2006, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlyShellandKai
IM 17wks and havent felt a flutter however with DS1 i didnt feel a flutter until 18wks
I think that's pretty normal. I haven't felt anything besides that one time, and another skinny mama I know says she didn't start feeling anything until 19 weeks with both of her kids.

stayathomecristi, I hope you can find a good birth care provider.

I just went through a few days of worrying about moving to New York (from England!) in July or August, which would have meant finding a new midwife and a very late stage *and* dealing with American health insurance bureaucracy. But we're not going anywhere, so I can keep my fabulous (and free!) midwife. Whew!

#51 of 56 Old 05-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Joi

I am feeling movements every so often............ I am really looking forward to the time when dh can feel them too. We go in for the u/s tomorrow and we are finding out the sex. I will keep y'all posted
#52 of 56 Old 05-10-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I am feeling movements every so often............ I am really looking forward to the time when dh can feel them too. We go in for the u/s tomorrow and we are finding out the sex. I will keep y'all posted
I think we could start feeling DS1 from the outside later then some. What was wonderful was the first time DH felt DS1 was on Fathersday

Michele
#53 of 56 Old 05-11-2006, 10:15 AM

Finally feeling better regarding that uneasiness ... never was sick but felt like couldn't move or do much. Still always tired though. I'm at 15 weeks today. (EDD Nov 2 or Oct 30)

Think felt movements a couple days ago, seems early but what else could it be (didn't think it was gas) it seemed to "kick" which surprised me being 14 weeks but trying to get intune with body more especially in evening down times.

Can't wait for #2!
#54 of 56 Old 05-15-2006, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone!

I'm starting to get back pain already! yikes! I've randomly thrown up a few more times since the daily throwing up officially stopped 2 weeks ago. Yuck. The fatigue is hard too. I'm finding it extremely difficult to wake up in the morning these days.

We spent a few days back in D.C. earlier this week and it was a strange experience. I lived there for 15 years and dh for 10. Our son was born there too...yet we felt like strangers during our visit...staying in a hotel. We ended up leaving early because it was such a strange feeling. We're both really sad that we don't live there anymore and that we ended up here in the South but we're also sort of trapped at this point. Dh is a university professor and has been trying to locate a job in our target area with no luck so far. Wah...

How's everyone else on the ides of May?

#55 of 56 Old 05-15-2006, 02:52 PM

Is this thread getting too long? Do we need another one?

Starlein, I'm sorry you had a bummer experience in DC. Next time you come up, give me a heads up. I live relatively close and maybe we can get together!

Sorry to hear you are still throwing up on and off. I seem to be past it but have had a few gagging moments where I was not sure...

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#56 of 56 Old 05-15-2006, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Karen- I didn't realize you were close. I'll definitely let you know next time!

And yeah...still being sick is a little hard. It's really random and quick when it hits me too. I'm more likely to get sick if I overdo it that day I think?

My face is also still breaking out. I had such clear skin with ds that this is an odd pregnancy symptom for me but what can I do...I miss that pregnancy glow from last time...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page