~May Chat Thread~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 56 Old 05-01-2006, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi lovely ladies!

I'm doing so, so much better these days. Still a little more tired than usual and slightly nauseated but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now! I haven't vomitted in 6 days!! Oh and I feel the baby all the time now, kind of all over which made me really worry that I may have 2 babies in there...yikes. We'll see on the 22nd! It's hard to wait that long...I want to stop by Tom Cruise's house for a quick ultrasound...

So, how's everyone doing now that May is upon us?

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#2 of 56 Old 05-01-2006, 12:06 PM

I'm still pretty tired most of the time. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting in a week! I still haven't really felt any definite kicks from the little one yet, which is really bugging me, since I felt dd at 17 weeks. I thought I'd feel this one by now. I finally had to put my prepreg jeans away yesterday. I wore them to the mall to buy maternity and had to wear the maternity out b/c I just couldn't stand wearing my jeans anymore. Pretty sad, who knows when I'll see those again!
#3 of 56 Old 05-01-2006, 01:01 PM

Physically and mentally, I'm feeling pretty darn good right now. I got to start the month off by calling the OB's office and firing them At the last appointment, my husband started to see more clearly that they weren't going to honor our wishes for minimal prenatal testing stuff and a natural birth, so he agreed to go meet a midwife with me. We toured the Nurse-Midwives of Indianapolis birth center last Thursday and had a nice long conversation with Carla, the full-time midwife at that location. Chris is now completely on board with my desire to switch care providers. It helped that on Friday, a co-worker told him some rather nasty things about the hospital where we would have birthed. So I get to have my midwife-attended birth. And it will most likely be a water birth!
#4 of 56 Old 05-01-2006, 01:30 PM

Congrats kleinhund!! Glad you're able to arrange for the birth you want. I'm actually in the process of looking for a new OB myself b/c I will be moving in 2 months (I'm going to go ahead and get the new Dr now b/c its less than an hour away and I want to give myself some time to find someone I like and to develop a good relationship with them). I'm also looking to get a doula to get the best hospital birth possible (which is something I'm being forced into b/c of twins), and to make sure that I dont get pushed around during L&D.
#5 of 56 Old 05-01-2006, 02:00 PM

Yay for May! I love May~we are moving this month(after 7 long years of living next to the crazy MIL ) My birthday is this month and our Ultrasound is May 22!Geez i guess i am only 2 hrs from Tom's house so i could get my U/S and greet the new babe great idea!I'm feeling so much better.Still tired but getting better.The chiro is really helping.I feel the babe every now and again,not constant.Still only gained a few pounds so i can wear prepreg clothes even though my belly is big.I'm so excited to move and am getting much more excited about being pregnant.
#6 of 56 Old 05-01-2006, 03:08 PM

I'm doing pretty good. Feeling tired but no more nausea (still pretty gaggy though). I'm in full on maternity clothes and I've decided that for the most part I hate them because I'm a sz 18-20 and there's nothing available that looks even remotely cute. Most of the XXL stuff that I've gotten looks okay right now, but will definitely not fit me in 6 more months!

I'm working on getting my nutrition back under control right now. During the morning sickness my nutrition SUCKED and my poor baby has been exposed to total garbage food including caffeine and lots of sugar for 12 of the 17 weeks that I've been pregnant.

I had some feet swelling that sort of freaked me out the other day but that's the first time and I'd been riding in a car for almost 4 hours. Reminder to drink more water and up the protein intake.

Other than that, we've had 1 prenatal appointment and I'm not going to have anymore for quite some time. I'm enjoying doing this all on my own .
#7 of 56 Old 05-01-2006, 06:23 PM

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well

I'm feeling well here, too. I wish I could sit down a few more minutes during the day, but its kind of hard with a toddler (I have a few younger sibs - how do I not remember how demanding toddlers are ?!?! ) We're off to the beach this weekend so maybe I'll get some REAL relaxation

I have an appt with my midwife tomorrow. I see that quite a few on here prefer minimal, if any, visits, but I kind of enjoy them. I guess I like to hear that everything is going well and I'm doing a good job - even if I already pretty much know. And I like to hear the baby's heartbeat, too
#8 of 56 Old 05-01-2006, 07:37 PM

julie, i'm with you liking to go to the midwife. this thursday brings along my next appointment, and it should be short and sweet. dh is so sweet - i told him that i didn't expect him to come because it's a really long drive from his office to the midwife's but he said he just had to hear the heartbeat again.

still feeling pretty good. been keeping up with my walking and tap dancing. my recital is in may; so, i'm interested to see how big i'll be when i'm actually on the stage.

next weekend we're heading up to the ashville, nc area for leaf festival, which i'm really looking forward to. can't wait to chill outside of the city and a weekend full of music!!
#9 of 56 Old 05-01-2006, 07:38 PM

I'm so glad everyone is feeling better. We are finally getting to enjoy being pregnant.
I am most likely going to fire my OB after my appointment next week, but I have yet to find a new practice. Because I am having twins I can't use the birth center, and homebirth midwives are not readily available to me either. Very frustrating.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#10 of 56 Old 05-02-2006, 10:14 AM

I'm not throwing up every day anymore. I got sick the last time 3 days ago and it was the most horriffic experience. I just couldn't stop throwing up. Lots of blood from my throat. My throat is still damaged but I can eat without pain now. I hope I never throw up like that again.

I've had some gagging but not acutally had to vomit in the past few days.

I am feeling some sort movements...hard to discern that they are definately the baby.

I'm tired but hanging in there.

You gals in maternity clothes must be so cute. I'm not there yet. I can clearly feel my uterus just under my bellybutton but it's not popped out yet, so I can still get into regular pants, but they are getting tight.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#11 of 56 Old 05-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Joi

Oh Karen, I am sorry to hear about the throwing up....... and soon you won't be in your old pants anymore soon.

I am glad everyone seems to be feeling better........ I know I am. The migraines have lessened quite a bit and I have more energy. The only thing is now when I walk for long periods my back hurts. We go in for our u/s on the 11th and my dd is so excited she can hardly stand it.
#12 of 56 Old 05-02-2006, 06:12 PM

I'm so glad to hear that most of you are feeling better! So sorry to hear about that horrible bout of barfing Karen! Yikes!

I'm mostly doing better pregnancy-wise, but I'm getting over a cold that I had for about the last week. ugh! That was ROUGH! So glad for acidopholous, ester C, and echinacea!

I'm still in prepregnancy clothes unless I want to look nicer or feel better about how I look. I just don't have very nice clothes for myself, but the pregnancy clothes I've purchased so far are pretty and cute.

IntactaLactavist, HomeBirthin' Baby Wearin' Co-sleepin' Homeschoolin', City girl gone Country Livin' SAH(HSing)M

#13 of 56 Old 05-02-2006, 06:16 PM

Tori,
I'm sorry to hear you were sick. I noticed you were taking echinacea. I had heard that was not good during pregnancy, but nobody can tell me why. I absolutely love my elderberry syrup with echinecea when I have a cold coming on, but I had stopped taking it after I became pregnant. Does anyone else know about this?

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#14 of 56 Old 05-02-2006, 06:31 PM

Avani - congrats on moving away from MIL I hope the move goes smoothly and you all find a good location.

Karen - that sounds painful. I hope your throat is better soon.

Tori - I'm starting out May with a cold too It started last night with a bad sore throat. I could hardly sleep - not feeling great today. I thought I felt the baby move over the weekend, but haven't felt it again. Who knows? I'm impatient to really feel it and start showing more. Otherwise, I'm another mommy running after a toddler all day!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#15 of 56 Old 05-02-2006, 11:22 PM

Hope all those that are feeling under the weather feel well soon. s

As for me today I had another MW apt. Even though I about cringed to look at my weight on her scale she did happen to say that she cant believe how strong my stomach muscles are that she actually has a hard time feeling my fundal height through the stomach wall ... thats good to hear when at 16wks ya have put on 20LBS
michele
#16 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 12:02 AM

I'm actually feeling better! I noticed tonight that I hadn't thrown up today or yesterday at all. Maybe the MS is somewhat over for me? I'm 15 weeks so I'd freaking hope so.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#17 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a scare over the weekend, but everything is fine. I noticed on Sat that my belly was smaller, on Sunday it was practicially gone. I wasn't huge, but had a decent belly, I was obviously pg, and had been wearing maternity clothes for weeks. I thought the baby was gone, that was not normal. I don't have a MW so I went into the MW I used with dd on Monday to try and find a heartbeat. When she got there, she took one look at my tiny belly and was not hopeful. We found one, all she could suggest was that I had severe bloating and it all disapeared. Which is strange that it gone in 2 days, after being there for the past 4 months and I had never felt bloated. It feels so weird to have gone from being obviously pg to fitting back into my pre-pg clothes.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#18 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 01:03 AM

AMB

Hope everything turns out well for you. Did she say to come back in a few days?

Michele
#19 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 02:27 AM

Hey everyone,
AMB-I'm sorry for your scare. I'm SO glad you found the heartbeat though. : for your little one & you.

AVANI-Congrats on the move. Are you up here in N. County?

Pregnancy wise, it seems a lot of us are doing better.

I'm feeling pretty good, except for being tired more than I'm used to. I'm having trouble sleeping at night and have been dabbling with herbal remedies; skullcap seems to be helping a little bit, chamomile alone wasn't cutting it at all and I'll probably get some passionflower tincture. I'm having some crazy dreams that are not always pleasant unfortunately-to the point I wake up crying . The little one is starting to move everyday, which I can't be more grateful for. I'm getting pretty huge but have no idea how much weight I've gained till my MW appointment next week.

Aside from PG, I am a bit overwhelmed. We too are moving and it's just plain hectic and I dislike moving so much. BUT I'm grateful to be moving into a much larger home. DH & I are at odds with eachother again-sometimes I just don't like him very much-UHG. Seriously before we were married everything was going great; after we got hitched in November it's been on and off diffuculty. I'm seeing a councelor next week, hopefully she'll give me some encouragement.
#20 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 05:56 AM

Yay for husbands supporting natural birth and less throwing up!

Not that I was worrying too much about it before, but I read last night that 95% of eggs in the UK are from chickens that have been vaccinated against salmonella (and the 5% that aren't are easily spotted)... runny egg yolks, here I come!

I am feeling like bertrandsgirl - anxious to start showing a bit more and to feel the baby move. I am still wearing normal clothes 90% of the time - my trousers are starting to get a bit tight around the waist, but the maternity things I have look ridiculous on me. I have another (only my second) appointment with my midwife on Friday, and am curious to see if/how much weight I've gained...

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#21 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 10:12 AM

Well, i've not thrown up since that horrendous incident late Friday night. That makes 4 days. I've had some gagging but nothing worse. My throat still hurts. I've never every had my throat hurt like this after vomiting. It's a lot better but there is 'something' there when I swallow that I can feel. Inflammation maybe still? I don't know.

For those of you not really showing, I didn't show til about 6 months with dd. But I popped right out after that!

What is it about typing that I have not thrown up ....I swear it's a jinyx. I just had to get up and run to the trash can to throw up. Thank goodness it was just a little liquid and a lot of gagging. I'm not going to talk about throwing up anymore!

#22 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

I was on cloud nine thinking my vomitting was done and then last night...bam...:Puke ...so depressing. I ended up falling alseep right after that around 9pm. It had been 6 days that I had been feeling slightly better. I'm now 15 weeks and 2 days...yay! I've been feeling the baby on a daily basis for a few days now. My uterus is majorily protruding and it comes to just about 1-2 fingers under my belly button. I can't believe some of you are still in regular clothes...makes me feel like a cow.

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#23 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 10:20 AM

I'm so sorry you threw up last night! Were you up too late? I find that I have to get to bed early or I'm throwing up. It's like a wave of night sickness. If I recall, you were having this too.

I can feel my uterus just under my belly button too, about a finger width or two. It seems to be moving up, not out at this point. My regular jeans are tight but I just unbutton the button then tuck in under and wear a loose shirt so you can't tell.

#24 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I can feel my uterus just under my belly button too, about a finger width or two.
Mine hides behind my stomach wall it takes forever for anyone to feel it

OH I go for my one and only U/S in my 20th week

Michele
#25 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I can feel my uterus just under my belly button too, about a finger width or two.
Mine hides behind my stomach wall it takes forever for anyone to feel it

OH I go for my one and only U/S in my 20th week

I Cant hide that im pregnant either

Michele
#26 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlyShellandKai
AMB

Hope everything turns out well for you. Did she say to come back in a few days?

Michele
I've been waiting on a HB MW to open her practice back up, and she is on Monday! So I'll go in to her.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#27 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Karen- I think last night was some fluke since I had been doing so much better. We're having tons of family stress and I think that triggered that bout of nausea/vomitting.

Amy- My u/s is on the 22nd and I'll have just turned 18 weeks! I CANNOT wait!

#28 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 11:25 AM

Just to elaborate on wearing my regular clothes,i had lost 25lbs in a few months leading up to getting pregnant so all of my clothes were huge on me and i hadn't bought any smaller clothing yet.So those bigger clothes are now snug on me
#29 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Avani- Thanks for clarifying...makes me feel less ginormous...

#30 of 56 Old 05-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Joi

I just got a bella band so I can still wear my old pants. So far I am loving it and it is saving us money on maternity clothes............... I'll let y'all know in a couple of months if I can still pull it off.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page