Mothering Forum banner

Cervical Twinges

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  cchrissyy 
#1 ·
Since Friday I started getting these little pokes and twinges in my cervix. I figured the baby had a hand down there and was flicking me. On our way to our birth class on Saturday I had a twinge that lasted 30 seconds and was the most intense thing I have ever felt, I had tears running down my face. The midwife who taught the class said that those were not the baby, but my cervix beginning to change, probably not dialating but thinning, seperating, moving, etc. They have been happening more and more lately. Along with my numerour BH a day now I am getting these twinges which I describe as fire and an aching/cramping sensation too. They are so intense sometimes that I can't sit, I have to stand and rock through them.

I can only hope that all this "early labor" stuff will make the actual birth a little quicker. I just need this baby to stay put for another 4 weeks!

Anyone else getting twingie??

#3 ·
I will sometimes get what I would call a lot of pressure on my cervix. Not painful, but not comfortable, either. Sometimes there's significantly more pressure than other times and lasts longer. I am hoping that this just means that the baby is head down and descending, doing some practicing for what will happen in another six weeks to get him the heck out of my womb!

#4 ·
I get those twinges, too. They're a fairly quick stabbing pain for me, or a few in a row, but not the lengthly ones you're describing (I can only imagine how much that would hurt, poor mama).

I also have a baby who loves nudging my cervix. It's a very different feeling. More of a 'bump' than a 'stab'
I prefer the bumps!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by deleria
I also have a baby who loves nudging my cervix. It's a very different feeling. More of a 'bump' than a 'stab'
I prefer the bumps!
Me too! Although the bumps can hurt a little too.

ColoradoKat- I had those terrible cervical pains for a few weeks before I went into labor, so don't fret too much...

#7 ·
I had those this weekend while washing out a hunting cooler (HEAVY even when empty). I was obviously doing a bit too much!
Anyway, I had a few small pains in my abdomen and then those sharp pains in the cervix. I don't know what they were, but at least they stopped and didn't come back! Ouch! That was worse than the normal punching of the cervix that I get from my head-down baby boy who is sitting low on my bladder.

Having had a preterm birth last time, it did worry me a bit, but not enough to call anyone or go to the hospital or anything, since it stopped. I'm just 1 week away from when my water broke last time, so just a little bit paranoid! But it's good to see that "normal" people are getting it too.

#8 ·
i've definitely been feeling much more pressure down there over the past 2 weeks. sort of like the baby bumping like some of y'all were saying.

and, i've had a couple of twinges myself. definitely more of a sharp pain that startles me. but, they haven't been anything that lasted, and it's only been a couple of times.

#9 ·
yeah, that feeling like somebody just cut you, be it a short flicker of a stab or a longer sharp pain is your cervix opening (or, effacing or whatever else).
I'm begining to have that and my cervix is just begining to open. In my other pregnancies, as I dialted (before labor) I had more and more of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.