Bed Rest :( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 09-19-2006, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not much time to post - lots of contractions. I just wanted to say I was placed on bed rest and given terbutaline to take as I have been having contractions. Not too sure how bed res tis going to work as I am the sole caretaker to my dd and dh doesn't get sick or vacation time with his work so he can't take time off. The OB in the ER told me to hire someone or have my Mom come stay with me. Yeah. right. sorry - venting. take care Mamas!
#2 of 13 Old 09-19-2006, 08:26 PM

Oh, I am so sorry. I wish I could come over and help! I have been on bedrest a few times this pregnancy and it is not fun, but usually seems to be only for a day or two. I tend to get lots of ctx for a few days the not many for a few. Today is an off day and how nice it is. I will send you calm uterus thoughts from Colorado! Hang in there! I give you permission to order a pizza and watch movies all night with your daughter!
#3 of 13 Old 09-19-2006, 08:36 PM

Can you get your DH to stop by the library?? I found that a big basket of books (some for me, some for the kids) and borrowed movies REALLY helped being on bedrest with a little one. Also, see if DH can prepare some easy snack/lunch food before he leaves. This way all you have to do is grab whatever is already there. I was on bed rest for 10 weeks with #2, man is it challenging. Are there any community support programs in your area?? Maybe someone who can come and help out a few times a week??

Good luck!! Try to stay rested and remember to DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! Maybe a water jug beside the bed??
#4 of 13 Old 09-19-2006, 08:51 PM

Hang in there Stephanie...just a few more weeks! I know that doesn't help much but it's always better to look at the positive!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#5 of 13 Old 09-19-2006, 09:04 PM

Are you on TOTAL as in flat on your back not even sitting bedrest, or can you at least sit up on the couch? I self impose 1/2 days of rest here and I have found that as long as I can get DD engaged in something on or around the couch we do just fine. Lots of books, extra TV time, and coloring all work for us, Oh, and my DH prepacks her lunch for me and leaves it in the fridge, even on the days when she doesn't go to preschool. That way DD can just get it out of the fridge herself and have a picnic with me in the livingroom. I second the waterjug by your resting area, or better yet a case of water so you can drink continuously and stay really well hyrated. Snacks should be on hand too. SOme moms even stock a mini-fridge by the bed! Best of luck to you mama! Here's hoping all goes smoothly for you in these last few weeks.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#6 of 13 Old 09-19-2006, 09:48 PM

Hang in there mama. Like someone said above... Only a few more weeks!
#7 of 13 Old 09-20-2006, 12:31 AM

I'm so sorry you are going through this Stephanie. A couple more weeks till the babe can be okay to come and say "HI" right?

BTW-your 2nd surprise is on the way
#8 of 13 Old 09-20-2006, 12:59 AM

So sorry mama, I know it's easier said than done, but just try to be practical with your dd, like lots of cereal, and disney movies and she won't need a shower everyday if she stays home with you, it'll be only for a few weeks so try to relax and the babies will finish cooking and dd will be fine...
#9 of 13 Old 09-20-2006, 01:56 AM

Thinking of you and your little ones.
#10 of 13 Old 09-20-2006, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies...I was not in the best frame of mind yesterday so if my post came out really grumpy forgive me! I am on total bedrest - which means I have to lay down the entire time. Sitting up causes me to go into "labor". I guess I shouuldn't complain as I was on bed rest for three months with Kiera and this is only a few weeks but it is hard to have no help available while being on "bed rest". I am just going to do the best I can and cook this little one as long as I can! Thanks again!
#11 of 13 Old 09-20-2006, 11:11 AM

You have every right to feel/be grumpy (although you didn't come across hat way to me)! Many stay put baby vibes for you!! I would have your DH put food that your dd can get herself w/in her reach and lots of books and toys too. I hope the time passes quickly for you!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#12 of 13 Old 09-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Banned

s: I hope time flies, but I'm guessing it won't. Hang in there, you sound way more calm and collected than I think I would be! You have every right to be upset, but you sound like you are handling it better than should be expected. s:
#13 of 13 Old 09-21-2006, 06:36 AM

Stay in there, little one!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page