In Praise of My Chiropractors and also resignation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-19-2006, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was at the chiro today for Webster technique, and she is cutting me down to once a week. Apparently, the tandem care I have been receiving from the 2 different docs. is working so well that I have no alignment issues with my pelvis, and my ligaments are so loose that the babies are literally flipping around constantly. It is amazing that I have no real pain at 35.5 weeks. Most of the time I am able to move around comfortably despite my hugeness and all the cntx (as of Friday every 8-10 minutes by official counts.). I am getting discouraged though. These babies move so much the NST nurses sometimes have to stand over me for 10-15 minutes moving the monitors around following the babies just to get a trace on their heart tones. After 30 minutes of monitoring they will move me into u/s to check my fluid levels and the babies won't be anywhere near where we found their heartbeats. I am running out of time to prepare myself. If they aren't head down at 37 weeks I will have to consent to the c/s. The best possible outcomes for mother and babies in twin deliveries of all types are found between 37.5 and 38.5 weeks. All I want are healthy babies, but I don't want a c/s. I have tried everything I can think of to get these kiddos heading in the right direction. The problem is they are moving soooo much they have not fixed on any position, and have not engaged. It seems this is pretty unheard of with such big twins, but there is nothing I can do about this. I am really having trouble letting this go. My last pregnant friend gave birth today. I know I am feeling the crunch more now because, "I'm next" but I am really struggling today. Sorry for the ramble. Thanks for reading.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#2 of 10 Old 09-19-2006, 11:01 PM

I'm sending head down vibes! I sure hope they turn for you and them! I can imagine how much you want them to be vaginal deliveries!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#3 of 10 Old 09-19-2006, 11:11 PM

Wow...that sucks. Sorry to hear that . But, never give up hope until the last minute!
Just wondering, where do they get their statistics for the best possible outcome being between 37.5 to 38.5 weeks? That sounds wrong to me...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#4 of 10 Old 09-19-2006, 11:16 PM

I love the "I am next" feeling.

Woohoo for you that you are feeling so good!
#5 of 10 Old 09-20-2006, 12:27 AM

HEAD DOWN thoughts & prayers coming your way.

Come on babies TURN and stay there
#6 of 10 Old 09-20-2006, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlein26 View Post
Wow...that sucks. Sorry to hear that . But, never give up hope until the last minute!
Just wondering, where do they get their statistics for the best possible outcome being between 37.5 to 38.5 weeks? That sounds wrong to me...
There was a study of 67,000 twin pregnancies that went to at lesat 36 weeks and went no futher than 42 weeks. Due to increased complications with placental degradation, cord accidents, High BP or BS due to extra stress on the body from the multiple pregnancy, and just general overcrowding from there being more than one "term" baby in there, it was found that babies delivered between 37.5 and 38.5 weeks either by c/s or induction had better outcomes than babies delivered by Comparable methods previous to 37.5 weeks or after 38.5 weeks. Also the mothers had fewer negative effects during labor and reovery. I cannot remember what journal this was cited in, sorry. I get lots sent to me. Mainly this study was meant to counter the belief that twins are ready and at term by 36 weeks, and so should be delivered because they can be.

Since I am at risk for a whole host of problems as I approach 40 weeks just due to the GD, it would be better for me to deliver a week and a half or two weeks early to avoid even more medical intervention (insulin injections being one). I went to 40.5 weeks with my DD, but the stress from the twins is much harder on my body. I am comfortable with induction at 38 weeks if need be, but I really don't want the c/s at all. I am refusing to schedule either procedure right now because they don't want to let me switch from one to the other if my presentation changes. In other words, if I get there for induction and a baby has flipped they won't just do the c/s, I will be sent home to wait for a future surgery date. Also if I show up for the c/s and I have 2 vertex babies nobody will know because they won't bother doing an u/s. It's too stupid for words, so I would rather just go into labor and get what I get.

#7 of 10 Old 09-20-2006, 12:45 AM

heads down, heads down..... Sending you positive birthing thoughts!!! Have you looked into www.spinningbabies.com for info on optimal fetal positioning. There are all kinds of tips for turning breech babes. Good luck!!
#8 of 10 Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitytree View Post
heads down, heads down..... Sending you positive birthing thoughts!!! Have you looked into www.spinningbabies.com for info on optimal fetal positioning. There are all kinds of tips for turning breech babes. Good luck!!
I'm registerd to the spinning babies forum! It took a week before a site owner e-mailed anything back, and even then it was basically a "keep doing what you are doing" kind of message.

#9 of 10 Old 09-20-2006, 09:44 AM

C'mon babies down you go!!!
Another suggestion would be to get hold of a Hypnobabes cd specifically designed for turning babies, check it out. I've been doing a fair bit of hypnosis during this pregnancy and it really shows how powerful the mind can be - although I'm still yet to comment on how effective it is as pain relief during birth!
#10 of 10 Old 09-20-2006, 11:03 AM

I remember reading somewhere that with second children, they will usually settle into place (vertex) later than with a first child. At least I think that's how it went! Sometimes right up till the end, they will be just floating around until they decide to flip and drop. vibes...headsdownheadsdownheadsdown... Good luck and the bestest wishes and most positive thoughts coming your way!!!
Paige

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page