I take it all back. (vent) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2006, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I know I said I've been feeling good and . I want to just post a little whine now. There are a few things bothering me:

1. My almost-three-year-old's INCESSANT whining this week and refusal to do anything alone because the flippin' alligators might be around (this week's phobia).
2. My husband's inability to walk quietly on our wood floors. Must he REALLY stomp with all of his weight on his heels?
3. The constant noise level of this house. I can't complete a thought in my head, OR outloud.
4. The small yet very noticeable head pressing firmly into my pubic bone every time I stand up is going to be the DEATH of me.
5. I can not spend 2 minutes alone without someone touching me constantly.
6. My belly hurts, my back hurts, and my crotch hurts.

Is irritability a sign of impending labor? Because I've suddenly gone from happy-go-lucky to REALLY friggin' annoyed. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG I want to run away until the baby is born. Who are all these people living with me and how can I escape them for a couple of weeks???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006, 01:12 AM

Right on sister! Your house sounds just like mine! Of course we aren't battling alligators, my DD is just suddenly totally helpless. I have been worrying about the sudden irritability myself.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:27 AM

OH ya mama! I am right there with ya.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:19 AM
Joi

Oh yeah I am there too.............. well at least the pain in the crotchelor area. It feels like he is going to push his arm out any time now.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:04 AM

I'll join your whine party--my kids too are driving me crazy. There's so much noise and fighting lately as I'm less able to keep them all "happy". The new school schedule is totally hectic--problems with bussing and I've been shlepping kids back and forth on multiple runs all day long, every day to different places.: Everything is more of an effort these days and I'm getting real anal about keeping the house super clean since we're so close to the due date. My MWs are bringing my tub over today and I'm freaked my little ones are going to try and play with it and ruin it somehow, even with the room locked from the outside, they figure out ways to get in. (I got a hook an eye lock on the outside of the door). Everytime my kids stress me out, I just keep getting braxtons and I can't even get a few minutes peace by MYSELF to just chill. I just keep thinking, this too shall pass!!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:47 PM

Hugs to all of you!

I'm feeling a little crabby too but I've been home too much. I need to get out, get a change of scenery. Maybe drop dd off with a good friend for a few hours so I can have some quiet time for me. I've been solo parenting since Sunday night as dh is out of town. That is always harder. He's home tonight.

I think it's hard to keep up the cheery attitude when we feel so sluggish and slow from the weight, the pain in various areas and the gnenral "Is this over yet" feeling!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
Old 09-20-2006, 01:43 PM

Oh, I'll join the whine party!!!!

I'm 39~ish weeks and suddenly feeling very done! Maybe its all the prodromal labor, maybe its that exhaustion or my inability to move....Maybe its that my whole family had the stomach flu last week or that my youngest two now have a nasty cold.

I keep thinking, how am I going to have any endurance for labor if I can't stay standing for more the 30 minutes without needing a nap!!!

I've decided that we are officially not going to any "kid" places, the library or play groups....breeding grounds for germs.......we ARE NOT GETTING SICK AGAIN!!!!!!! I figure that between the odd walk around the lake and grocery store will be plenty of outings, we begin hibranation now. The kids are okay with it. I told DD(8) that she can still do riding lessons so she's happy.

I think the thing thats driving me the most crazy right now is that I clean my house and by the end of the day it looks like a tornado hit!! I just can't keep up with it! Even with the kids doing their chores and DH doing a bunch it still just seems so dirty: Maybe I'll get one last deep cleaning nesting urge.....just don't look in the fridge....I really need to clean that!!

At least I'm at the point where even if babe is 2 weeks over that's still only 3 weeks away, thats not that long *smiles* being optimistic!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivineMissE View Post
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG I want to run away until the baby is born. Who are all these people living with me and how can I escape them for a couple of weeks???

Pretty much sums up how I feel right now! Hang in there.... We'll get through this! Although then we'll want to run away with our new baby...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).

User Tag List