Is the miracle blanket really a "miracle" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-20-2006, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've never used a special swaddling blanket for my babies before and I really hate when their swaddle gets all loose. The miracle blanket is supposed to really keep the baby swaddled but the blanket is about $30. If anyone has tried it and thinks it's not all hype, can you let me know. I was thinking of getting one if it's really worthwhile but I don't know anyone IRL who's used it and it seems like a lot to spend on a blanket.
#2 of 8 Old 09-20-2006, 09:26 PM

I don't know anything about miracle blankets, but I've heard good things about Cozy Cocoons: http://www.cozycocoon.com/cc.html

Tara; wife to Shafer ; mom to Gavin (9) , Miriam (3) , and Sprocket (spring 2010)
#3 of 8 Old 09-20-2006, 09:36 PM

I cant get passed the whole strapping the babies arms down with the miracle blanket.

I have purchased several cozy cocoons. I would recommend those.

Michele
#4 of 8 Old 09-20-2006, 09:48 PM

which one of those on their website is the best to start with?

I could see how helpful this could be for nursing too, to keep their hands out of the way while latching on...or I it could be a hindrance too I suppose...

Would you keep them in this while in a sling too?
#5 of 8 Old 09-20-2006, 11:09 PM

I think swaddling and slinging at the same time would be overkill. It might also overheat the baby depending on the kind of wrap you are using.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#6 of 8 Old 09-20-2006, 11:54 PM

I forget the style of my cozy cocoon however it is the one that is closed at the bottom. I think the one that is open at the bottom is for a larger baby?

The three I have are tshirt like material. The only thing i wonder about is pulling it down for diaper changes at night.

I have heard all great things about them though and i couldnt stand swaddling with the blankets

I even got the leopard one for halloween

Michele
#7 of 8 Old 09-21-2006, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Princessenoire--Thanks for showing me this blanket. I like the design much better than the MB, that one looked like the baby was wrapped up like a mummy. It really would bother me to see my baby wrapped up that tight. The cozy cocoon looks alot more comfy for the baby. These ones are really cute and nice colors too.

ArlyShellandKai--the style open at the bottom is avail in small, med and large. I can see how the one that is all enclosed would be a PIA to take off at night. I like the open style alot but will probably also get one of the enclosed sacks for the day.
#8 of 8 Old 09-21-2006, 12:50 PM

I'm personally one who would just use a regular blanket. Why spend the $$ on a special one when a good old baby blankey does the trick?? Also, not all babies like to be swaddled so if you stick to what you have you don't end up with something you don't need.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page