I have Barney Rubble feet. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-21-2006, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else?

I think I am finally getting to that point where I really am ready to have baby. Up till now I have been saying I am not ready for another 20wks cause I have too much to do and just want to relax and prepare for him after this big move. But... honestly, with my heartburn making me almost vomit at night and now my feet getting tight and uncomfy... yeah, I think I'm getting to the "done" point. :

Off to drink some more water... and more water... and more and more and more...

Crystal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2006, 06:42 PM

Ahhhh yes, the Barney Rubble feet. I'm right there with you, mama, the other day I told my daughter (5 years) that I had Fred Flintstone feet and she said, "who's Fred Flintstone?"...I thought to myself, "great, I have ugly feet and I'm old, too!"

I know what you mean by the water, water, water. My acupuncturist recommended drinking 1 glass of Recharge per day as well...it is a natural Gatorade that helps your body to absorb the water better. I think it helps, but mostly I love having a variation in flavor from all of the water.

Mama to Ainsley (7/01) , Finley (10/06) and Jade (10/06)

Old 09-21-2006, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

I will have to get some recharge and see if it helps. I wanted to have some on hand for labor anyway.

Too funny about dd not knowing about Fred haha. I will have to ask Hannah (7.5) if she knows lol

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only sufferer though. At first I thought something was wrong, but that's only cause I never really had it with my others.

Bad thing is that I have no idea how I am going to go anywhere. I can't fit my shoes on. Kind of puts a damper on leaving the house! lol

Crystal
Old 09-21-2006, 09:19 PM

I'm in the fat feet club, too...I seem to only wear flip flops these days . I hope my feet "unswell" so I can fit into the great new shoes I bought for this winter!!

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
Old 09-21-2006, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

I couldn't even get my flip flops on this afternoon!!! LOL I could squeeze them in but figured that wasn't even good for my feet anyway. Would just make it worse.

Your feet should unswell. We should lose this water after baby is born. Thank God! LOL
Old 09-22-2006, 10:46 AM

I can't comiserate, sorry, but I just found the title to this post so funny. Its rare that I actually laugh out loud but in picturing Barney Rubble feet, I couldn't help it! Thanks for the laugh, sorry it had to come at the expense of your poor feet!!!

My feet do get sore though and so when I take a shower, I make sure I sit down and give them a good rub down with a foot scrub. It feels soooo good! Maybe that will help at least let them feel better?
Old 09-22-2006, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaibaby View Post
I can't comiserate, sorry, but I just found the title to this post so funny. Its rare that I actually laugh out loud but in picturing Barney Rubble feet, I couldn't help it! Thanks for the laugh, sorry it had to come at the expense of your poor feet!!!

My feet do get sore though and so when I take a shower, I make sure I sit down and give them a good rub down with a foot scrub. It feels soooo good! Maybe that will help at least let them feel better?

Rubbing doesn't really work too much. It's funny though, I made dh squish my foot the other day and he got all queasy

What sucks is that I am supposed to incline my feet to help the fluid go back to the kidneys... but yet that pretty much makes me sit in positions that aren't good for my posterior baby. So i am pretty screwed :

Glad I gave you a chuckle

Crystal

User Tag List