Sore Nipples and Boobs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-21-2006, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My nipples have hurt throughout my pregnancy, but in the last week they seem even more sore than ever. They are kind of flaky and dry too. I have been attempting to moisturize them but to no avail. I had a very painful start with nursing DD last time and was soooooo hoping to avoid that this time, but I realize that I may be in store for some pain again. Anyone else getting increasingly sore? And its not just the nipples but right behind the nipples inside it is sore too. I have also gotten the very occasional slight sharp pain that I used to feel when I was lactating.

Do you think these things are just my body getting ready to make milk again or signs of impending labor? I have noticed dried colostrum on the tips of my nipples many times -- so I know something is going on in there!

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#2 of 5 Old 09-21-2006, 09:46 PM

YOu are not alone mama. My nipples are SO SORE! I think it is because I am still tandem nursing my boys (2 and 4). I have no remedy for you! Just a hug!
#3 of 5 Old 09-21-2006, 11:48 PM

I've also noticed changes in my breasts...

I don't remember this from last time, but I guess it's normal! We are getting awfully close to birth...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#4 of 5 Old 09-22-2006, 08:47 AM

my nipples aren't sore, but i've been noticing what i think is dried colostrum at the tips of my nipples.

the other morning i was so excited about what i'm assuming is dried colostrum and running into the bathroom to show dh. if anybody would have told me a year ago that i'd be thrilled to have yellowish, crusty stuff on the ends of my nipples i would have told them they were crazy!
#5 of 5 Old 09-22-2006, 02:23 PM

Yeah, I've been finding that dried colostrum for a few months now! It's bizarre.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page