my dd and my "boos" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-21-2006, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I dont BF any longer. Haven't since she was a little under a year. Well, last night I squeed with joy when I managed to squeeze out some liquid from my breasts. Like, squeed so loud DH came running in to see if I was ok with DD at his heels. I was too busy laughing with joy in the tub though...

Anywho... DD starts going "baby" and point to my breasts. I say "no, boobs... breasts... food source"

"Boo?" -points to other breast-
"Yes, boo" (She has a hard time pronouncing anything, I go for the simplest one she can do right now)
"baby?" -points to baby-
"yes, the baby will get milk from mama's boos"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Fast forward to today on the chair. She whips up my shirt and starts kissing the baby and giggling and saying "baby". Then she starts kissing at the boos!! She face planted herself in one of them and just looked up and grinned! I couldn't help but laugh. I know she doesn't remember HOW to breastfeed, but I don't think she forgot she DID breastfeed. It had me have a moment of "I wish my little girl was still little moments"

Sorry, I just needed to share that somewhere. I don't have many brightening moments right now and this really just made me go all girly and "AWWWWW"

:

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#2 of 9 Old 09-21-2006, 11:47 PM

Awe, how sweet and wonderful! LIttle kids are so dear! I think you should save this post or re-write it so you can share it with your dd when she's older.

If I remember right, you scrapbook right? Save this sweet moment somehow!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#3 of 9 Old 09-21-2006, 11:50 PM

Ds is in love with my breasts. In fact, "Mommy, I love nipples" is a favorite phrase of his. We haven't nursed since ds was a year and a half; and though he doesn't remember how to nurse, he definitely remembers that he nursed. My breasts have started making colostrum and he's even more into them (I swear he can smell it). We've been talking alot about the baby and how the new baby will nurse on momma. He seems to get it, but I worry a little about jealousy issues that might arise when baby gets here. Isn't their adoration of breasts so adorable, though.
#4 of 9 Old 09-22-2006, 12:01 AM

That is so sweet. How wonderful for your DD to remember after all this time! I am having somewhat of the opposite experience:

I had to wean my DD at a little past 2.5 years due to this pregnancy. She was very willing since my milk was pretty much gone anyway. Well, ALL of her friends in co-op still nurse except one, and she is totally getting that the milkies will come back for the babies. So after 7 months of being weaned she says to me, "mama, when the babies are born the milkies will come back." I say yes and... she says, "i will share them with the brothers. Babies can have milkies first, and then IT"S MY TURN!" ummmm no! I cannot triandem nurse. I just can't. Not when we have been done for so long. I don't know what to say. When I got out of the shower yesterday she said, "Hi mama! Hi milkie breasts!"

Oh and later on in the day she dove for my friend's boob after her toddler stopped nursing and she was burping her infant!!!: It's a good thing my friend has a sense of humor. She thought it was a good reminder to put the boob away when the baby was done. lol!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#5 of 9 Old 09-22-2006, 12:33 AM

I have been wondering how it will go when my 2 yo DD,who stopped nursing about 4 months ago, sees the new baby nursing.

We have been talking about boobies and bellies and babies. She likes to look at the boobies and will sometimes make like she's going to nurse, but then she turns her head and just loves them. it's very sweet!!!

I've talked about how mama's boobies used to make milk for her and she remembers the sign she used to use for it.

Today we were playing with her baby dolls and I pretended the baby was nursing on me. She thought it was funny. Then I tried to make like the baby wanted to nurse on her, but she didn't really get it! I guess I kind of hope if she realizes she can pretend nurse her dolls, she'll have something to do while I'm nursing DS that makes her feel like she's part of the deal!

I have heard that toddlers who have stopped nursing often want to try to nurse after the baby comes and that it's best to let them. And that usually, it's all they want to know, that they can try, and that they don't usually want to continue.

I'm really hoping that is true for us. I don't see myself as a tandem nurser, but then again, I had no idea I'd go past a year of nursing!
#6 of 9 Old 09-22-2006, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
Oh and later on in the day she dove for my friend's boob after her toddler stopped nursing and she was burping her infant!!!: It's a good thing my friend has a sense of humor. She thought it was a good reminder to put the boob away when the baby was done. lol!
At least she had a good sense of humor about it!

I read that to DH and he looked at me ans said "See honey, one reason to not try and advocate walking around topless to reduce sexualization of breasts. You'll have children running up to you asking for milk." My reply: "Cool, I could be like a temporary wet-nurse snack machine...." :

Honestly though, I would not want to be in your position of having to explain why she can't once they come and I fell really bad you're gonna face that... maybe offer her some in a cup?

#7 of 9 Old 09-22-2006, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
Awe, how sweet and wonderful! LIttle kids are so dear! I think you should save this post or re-write it so you can share it with your dd when she's older.

If I remember right, you scrapbook right? Save this sweet moment somehow!
That's a really good idea, yeah I do scrapbook. I wonder if I could get DD to do that again when a camera is nearby.... I'm not totally sure how to "capture" the moment in terms of how I felt though. (All warm and fuzzy)

#8 of 9 Old 09-22-2006, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiMom View Post
Ds is in love with my breasts. In fact, "Mommy, I love nipples" is a favorite phrase of his. We haven't nursed since ds was a year and a half; and though he doesn't remember how to nurse, he definitely remembers that he nursed. My breasts have started making colostrum and he's even more into them (I swear he can smell it). We've been talking alot about the baby and how the new baby will nurse on momma. He seems to get it, but I worry a little about jealousy issues that might arise when baby gets here. Isn't their adoration of breasts so adorable, though.
Absolutely adorable. I swear, it's moments of DD's cuteness like this that really brighten my day. And what with me being in either the bathtub or bed for most of the past 2 days not doing much because it's too painful--- this was a pleasant pleasant uplifter.

#9 of 9 Old 09-22-2006, 05:01 AM

Aww. How sweet! YOu must save that memory somehow

I could tell that my colostrum had come in when my 2yo increased his nursing. My 4 yo started asking for it more often as well!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page