Mothering Forum banner

Going Home Outfits

930 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  unitytree 
#1 ·
OKay, so I stole this idea from mamasthree. This thread is for going home outfits, or for those HB'ing, baby's first clothes. I think this little girl is having a weird effect on me. I am turning girly! I wanna see the fashions! I will post mine soon, too. But for now, here you go, ladies.

#5 ·
When we first found out we were preggers was at the end of January, so come Valentines day DH bought me this cute yellow onsie with a fuzzy small bear embelleshed on it. So we decided that would be his first little top. I went and 'splurged' and bought some reversible white/yellow pants with a white/yellow jacket at Gap to match. HMMM, have to figure out the dipe though. I thought since the meconium would be ucky I didn't want to ruin the nb dipes and bought one package of spoisies.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by soccermominsd View Post
I thought since the meconium would be ucky I didn't want to ruin the nb dipes and bought one package of spoisies.

I was actually given a small package (12) of newborn dipes that I was gonna use up the first couple days until the meconium was out...
With my DD, someone gave us 60 days of a diaper service so we didn't have to worry about washing.

I think her first outfit was just blankets and stuff
:
I better get on the schtick with this one....

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlyShellandKai View Post
My battery for my camera is charging however we are pretty simple. Our Homebirth little after outfit consits of:

A really cute Homebirth Onesie from MamaJody
kissaluv fitted
organic cozy cocoon with matching hat

Michele
Awwww, so glad you likd it.

The twins will be wearing one of two possibilities. If they need preemie clothes I have matching striped rompers in different colors. If they can wear the big boy clothes then they will be wearin pants with a light blue and brown fish pattern, white long sleeve shirts, and different colored short sleeve shirts (blue and brown). Most importantly they will be wearing the matching knit hats from their great grandmother and the matching, but different pattern sweaters from my grandmothers cousin. They will be wrapped in th blankets made by my grandmother's other cousin.

#8 ·
Here are the options...one was made by my grandmother and one was made by my mom. He'll wear the one made by my grandmother. The bonnet was made by my aunt and I'm making him booties out of some lovely wool yarn. He'll wear the one in the middle at his dedication service.

I still need to wash and iron all of it

#9 ·
Last time with DD we didn't know the gender and I had a NB sleeper ready one pink, one blue ... but when time came to put it on her she was swimming in it, so lucky I had a couple onsies in premie size neutral like .... so not the prettiest thing but that's all I had. So this time with knowing it's a boy and knowing NB maybe too big again I will have some simple blue sleepers and onsies in each size premie and nb.

Oh I can't wait to meet him!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by swampwitch View Post
Here are the options...one was made by my grandmother and one was made by my mom. He'll wear the one made by my grandmother. The bonnet was made by my aunt and I'm making him booties out of some lovely wool yarn. He'll wear the one in the middle at his dedication service.

I still need to wash and iron all of it

Gorgeous! How cool that your mom and grandma MADE them! I do have a question though. How do you plan to put him in the car seat in such a long gown? You need something with legs, or leggings to go under the gown I think. Otherwise he'll get chilly.
:

You remind me that I only have one gown, and 2 boys to dedicate this time. hmmm....must get my mother on this. It'll be hard to find something like what we already have.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
How do you plan to put him in the car seat in such a long gown? You need something with legs, or leggings to go under the gown I think. Otherwise he'll get chilly.
:
Good question. I guess I'll hike up the gown to clip him in the car seat and lay a blanket over his little legs...or maybe I'll make some little leggings up out of the bootie yarn.
He'll be like a Flashdance baby!

#13 ·
We will be bringing our daughter home in the same outfit I came home in 27 years ago. It is a very soft terry cloth
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...y/000_1363.jpg
close up
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...y/000_1364.jpg

I taught myself to crochet a month or so ago and have been working on my first ever project - a blanket to bring her home in. I just hope I can get it done it time! Right now it just looks like a scarf

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...y/000_1365.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...y/000_1366.jpg

#14 ·
Since we aren't going anywhere it will be babies first outfit. I picked out this sweet, butter yellow onzie with wee embroidered critters on it but chances are it won't fit. My babes never seem to fit the out fits I pick!! With Ds I picked 3 different ones and he was to big for all of them!! My second choice is a butter yellow onzie that my DD wore shortly after birth. It has no feet so it should fit!!! there are little yellow socks and rianbow wool knitted botties http://www.padraigcottage.com/default.aspx and a yellow knitted hat. We will be using disposables for the first few days (I think) or babe will be wearing a sweet newborn c/d with a knitted wollen soaker. We'll see how we feel about using toss'ems on our freshie.

By the way, if you put olive oil on babies bum at each change the meconium won't stick. It makes for much more gentle bum changes (plus olive oil is so good for the skin)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.