Exercises worked!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-24-2006, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After finding out the breech position on Wed I worked diligently in yoga and floor exercises to get some action going. I knew the baby turned overnight but I couldn't tell if the baby was breech or not since I could still feel something hard up below my chest. I had an US done on Friday since I was planning on working on turning the baby if still breech all weekend. Low and behold, the baby was heads down. All that exercise and positive heads down vibes really helped. I am surprised how well and how fast it worked. I was reading so many stories online of women who had their OBs turn their babies in the hospital at 34 weeks and later, sometimes with epis and they were told they may go into labor and if so expect a CS. I wonder how many could have turned their babies at home with these exercises? Some of the women said they consented to a planned CS with their OB since they were so afraid to have the Dr turn the baby since they were told it was painful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-24-2006, 06:20 AM

YAAAAAAYYYYY! I am so happy for you. Now gimme details, 'cause these boyos are now a double double footling breech! YIKES!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#3 of 7 Old 09-24-2006, 06:20 AM

That's great the baby turned ... sorry I don't have experience with breech ... but I had to post after reading .... a friend of mine did exercises for both her kids and it worked each time ... though she ended up cs each time for lack of progress baby was making etc .... Good luck hope baby stays in place now.
#4 of 7 Old 09-24-2006, 07:37 PM

worked for me too! This time baby seems to be in an okay position, but who knows. I will do the exercizes anyway since they worked so well the first time

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#5 of 7 Old 09-24-2006, 08:51 PM

Woohoo Jeanine !! How wonderfully calming!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#6 of 7 Old 09-24-2006, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
YAAAAAAYYYYY! I am so happy for you. Now gimme details, 'cause these boyos are now a double double footling breech! YIKES!
These are the exercises that I did that I think worked for me: http://home.comcast.net/~l.mcmahan/turn.html. The position with my legs straight up was really hard to hold for long--I felt that I couldn't breathe, but it seemed to work and the pelvic rocks were really easy to do and I did them for about 10 minutes or so. HTH!! GL!
#7 of 7 Old 09-25-2006, 02:35 AM

Thanks for the link. I'll add it to the other positions I am trying! Wish me luck!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page