going crazy yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-24-2006, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm not 'due' until mid October but can't help but get hopes up as I enter the 37th week! What do you all do from going crazy waiting??

I almost want to go ahead and start doing natural ways to encourage labor to start, but they probably would be to no avail if baby is not ready...
#2 of 10 Old 09-24-2006, 11:27 PM

I know how you feel! I am so ready for my little guy to be born! DD came at 39 weeks and 2 days. I was uncomfortable the last few weeks, but not as bad as I am this time. I'm not sure if that means this baby will go until then or not. I can't imagine being PG until my due date or beyond, but I know it could happen.

I started a thread on the main pregnancy page a few days ago about do it yourself, gentle ways to get things going. Some good suggestions were posted, and several I'd never heard of. I definitely believe in letting him come when he is ready, but, man, I hope it is soon. On Tuesday I'll be 37 weeks and then he can be born at home anytime after! Yeah! I'm so excited!

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#3 of 10 Old 09-24-2006, 11:48 PM

I went crazy with DS. I thought he'd come early (family history of that) and he came 8 days late. I thought I would be insane by the time I went into labor. By the way, 8 days late (41 weeks 1 day) is actually the average gestation length for a first time mom - so he was right on time!

I just talked with a stranger at the park yesterday who was also pregnant. She was 38 weeks along and proudly told me that she was "evicting" the darn baby on Wednesday via elective c-section. She proudly stated that she had never carried any of her other two babies past 38 weeks either and hated being pregnant.

That really put things in perspective for me. After my miscarriage in Dec, I am so happy and lucky to be pregnant again. I think it is wrong to have elective c-sections just because you are tired of the backaches. My goodness! Anyway, I know you aren't of this mind-set. You're like me - just impatient but willing to wait. If it helps, you're not alone. Just think of how nice it is that you are doing the right thing and letting baby come on its own.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#4 of 10 Old 09-25-2006, 01:28 AM

I remember being restless last PG, but this time I am content to wait it out. That's not gonna happen though. It WILL be this week or next. Tomorrow I have my labs rechecked to confirm I don't have pre-e. Then I will be back in wed. and Fri. I doubt I will make it past the 2nd or 3rd before I have a c/s. I have tried several more inversions using the hot pack/ ice pack method to encourage movement, and boy do they try to move away. They just can't. The only movement I get is lateral, so I am now assuming there is some good reason why they are not head down that we can't see on u/s. In the meantime I have my bag packed and in the car in case I am told I need to stay tomorrow. It just all seems so sudden to me. I feel like I need these next weeks to prepare.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#5 of 10 Old 09-25-2006, 08:38 AM

i'm not quite at the going crazy stage yet. maybe it's because i know i have some things to get done at work this week. (even though i'm not real sure why i'm so concerned about it because my boss has ended up being the biggest jerk to me!!)

in the back of my mind, i've always thought that my boy would come the first week of october. so, until next week, i think i'll be ok. a week from today i could be singing a different tune!
#6 of 10 Old 09-25-2006, 09:24 AM

I'm definitely not going crazy yet....I think I'm more in denial of the fact that WE'RE HAVING A BABY IN THE NEXT MONTH. I can't seem to believe that our life will change that much! You think that over the last 8 1/2 months I would have had plenty of time to let that sink in.

Each time we get together with family or if someone asks me how far along I am, they are shocked when I tell them I"m due in 4 weeks. I've been told that I look somewhere to be between my 6th and 7th month. While that is flattering, it can also be a little discouraging b/c inevitably the follow-up response from them is "Oh, you'll be at least two or three weeks past your due date b/c your'e so small!". : I just smile politely, nod, and then in the back of my head say "Little Baby, don't listen to any of these people...you come when you're ready to come." And I cringe if someone asks me my due date b/c I'm so tired of hearing all of the negative stories or comments alone the lines of "I remember my last month of pregnancy...I was miserable! Swollen feet! Back pain! No sleep! And that's nothing compared to what life is like when the baby comes....blah blah blah."

So, I guess I"m kind of content to have the little one stick it out a little while longer (I"ll be 37 weeks this weekend, which also is the go ahead time for giving birth at home in NJ). Although, part of me is impatient to meet this little one inside of me!
#7 of 10 Old 09-25-2006, 09:39 AM

This is our second and this pregnancy is flying by. I am still waiting to 'feel' pregnant. I love being pregnant. It is like the Christmas season and waiting for Christmas Day to come

michele
#8 of 10 Old 09-25-2006, 10:30 AM

I totally know where you're coming from, yet I also know I'm not quite prepared yet! Ahhh! I am 37 weeks tomorrow. Our financial aid money is coming in LATE (grrr, not our fault, their error) so I still have shopping to do! I really want to have Teddy's sweaters, his going home outfit, my nursing shirts, a fleece sling, that sort of thing, all ready and here before he gets here. So . . . yes I am getting antsy, and yes it's hard knowing that the baby is engaged and ready to go, (and having to pee all the time) but I gotta hold out a couple more weeks at least!!

So that helps me be patient I guess. Sort of, lol!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#9 of 10 Old 09-25-2006, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlyShellandKai View Post

This is our second and this pregnancy is flying by. I am still waiting to 'feel' pregnant. I love being pregnant. It is like the Christmas season and waiting for Christmas Day to come

michele
I know what you mean about the "christmas thing." I feel that way too except of course the excitement is even greater! And I really do love not knowing exactly when it will happen. I love the surprise element!

In talking to my M/W the other day I really liked how she explained when you will go into labor. She talked about it in terms of a dance between my body and the baby and how they talk to each other. I thought that was pretty cool. I'm trying to remind myself of that when I feel impatient.

#10 of 10 Old 09-25-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
I remember being restless last PG, but this time I am content to wait it out. That's not gonna happen though. It WILL be this week or next. Tomorrow I have my labs rechecked to confirm I don't have pre-e. Then I will be back in wed. and Fri. I doubt I will make it past the 2nd or 3rd before I have a c/s. I have tried several more inversions using the hot pack/ ice pack method to encourage movement, and boy do they try to move away. They just can't. The only movement I get is lateral, so I am now assuming there is some good reason why they are not head down that we can't see on u/s. In the meantime I have my bag packed and in the car in case I am told I need to stay tomorrow. It just all seems so sudden to me. I feel like I need these next weeks to prepare.
Good luck to you mamajody! I know how you have tried everything! I can imagine the feeling is different if you are potentially going in for a c/s -- and know that. I wish you the best birth possible for your little ones. On the one hand I can see how you would want to wait it out of course, but how exciting that they will be there soon! Can't wait to hear about it all and see pictures!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page